123 notary--Deceiving notaries for money

He is adding newbie/freebie notaries scraped from other sites to his database without their knowledge or consent. Guess he’s doing that to show many notaries in any given area (while deleting other experienced ones who have paid listings because they refuse or don’t pass his obscure tests). Seems to be his own worst enemy and unclear on the concept of a Directory…

1 Like

I do not believe that Jeremy is deceiving anyone. He is upfront with everyone. He expects quality from the notaries who advertise on his site. By far, 123notary is the best notary site in all respects. I rarely get a job from Notary Café or Notary Rotary, but many times a week I get a call from someone who has checked 123notary for a reliable, professional notary. Jeremy may be a little rough around the edges personally, but he has done wonders for people who want to be a great notary and he offers substance on his notary site. Can you imagine YOURSELF devising such a comprehensive and knowledgeable site for notaries and signing companies to go to? Jeremy had a dream and he made it happen. Steve Jobs did that. 123notary is a business and every business is expensive to run. Quite naturally Jeremy charges fees. If you want the best, pay for it. And - I have spoken on the phone several times with Jeremy and have done my best to answer his questions. He has never, ever told me or asked me to buy any notary products. He was interested to see if I knew how to administer an oath, if I used a Notary Journal, etc. Give 123notary a chance and rejoice when the referrals start coming your way from your listing on 123notary.

3 Likes

i had a free listing on his site. He called once and I did not agree to take his test. He promptly remove me from his free listing. All I know is every company will accept the NNA test and background check. Although I have no proof, I find it difficult to believe that signing companies and / or title companies prefer his test over the NNA.

3 Likes

Quite honestly, I’ve never had anyone even ASK about either test. Seems to me that hiring parties don’t care about ‘un-approved by them’ tests. If they do care about something, they have their own test, often with a well-made PowerPoint presentation that you can do when it’s convenient to you–or not. Your choice.

3 Likes

ive no interaction with him other than through his website blogs that he sends out. Ive not even looked in to setting up an account with him.

Same thing happened to me.

2 Likes

My experience mirrors yours, Arichter. Thanks for the post. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My turn to get the email quiz purporting to be from Mr. Belmont.

While I understand his apparent desire to list only the most highly qualified notaries on his site, I would also point out that timing of said desire seems suspicious. I did not have to pass a test several years ago when I first posted my profile on 123. If Mr. Belmont’s intent in quizzing his members is truly to ensure that his site lists only notaries he deems most qualified, would not the best time to do so be at initial induction?

Email deleted, quiz ignored.

We answer to enough people.

2 Likes

He called me recently as I was leaving a closing and asked if I was still a Notary. I replied “of course”.
He hung up. LOL

1 Like

I got an email from this person and decided to GTS. My Google search brought me here, where I’m also a member. The power of the internet! Here is the Email I just received a few days ago from jeremybelmont2004@gmail.com:

Dear XXXXXXX,

I have a few questions for you. These are for my records to get a sense of your skill level. Please give the letter as well as the full answer. Please choose only one answer per question.

a. How many loans have you signed? (in total)

1. Multiple Choice. The ID says John Smith and the signature on the document reads John W Smith. Under the circumstances, is it prudent to notarize the signature on the document as is?
    Answers:
    (a) Yes
    (b) No
    © Just ask for another ID
    (d) Just put John Smith in the Acknowledgment where it says name of signer.

2. A Notary calls the borrower to confirm the signing. Other than going over the time, place, address, and whether or not they have ID,what else do you discuss by phone to be prudent?

3. A broker hires you to do a signing and the written instructions say to read and sign page four first. The borrower wants to start at page one. How do you resolve this situation? Please choose the best answer as there is more than one correct looking answer.
    (a) Start at page 1
    (b) Start at page 4
    © Call the broker since there is a conflict of interest.
    (d) Just leave the signing
    (e) Read and sign page four and then go to page one.
    (f) Start at page 4, but if the borrower objects, then go back to page 1.
    (g) Explain to the signer the reason you need to start at page

4. A signer appears before a Notary with a document that the signer had already signed. The signer asks to have his signature on the document notarized. Which type of notarization can the notary perform in such a case?
    (a) Proof of Execution
    (b) Jurat
    © The Notary may not choose the type of notarization
    (d) Oath
    (e) Acknowledgment
    (f) Copy Certification (g) Power of Attorney signing procedure

5. You do a signing for Jessie, but Jessie refuses to sign the Flood disclosure until he can talk to the contact person. You call and leave a text for the contact person but receive no return call. It is now noon
    and you are leaving the signing. How much longer do you wait to drop the package?
    (a) 1pm
    (b) asap
    © 3pm
    (d) before pick up
    (e) until you hear back from someone.

Thanks
Sincerely,
Jeremy Belmont
123notary manager

My reply:

Hello,

I’m not sure who you are as we have never spoken before. I do not recognize your email address and I’m a little confused as to why I’m receiving your email with test questions. Since you did not ask me for any personal information or seem to be phishing, here are your answers.

I’ve done enough closings to know what to do, and have notarized many documents for about 5 years. I have also taken many classes on notarial acts as well as notarizing closing documents voluntarily, so I think I’m pretty proficient although I’m no expert. If I have an issue, I call NNA’s toll free number as I’m a paying member.

1. d
  2. There was no letter to select. However, I would ask who will be signing, verify names of signers, whether there is a check or wire, and advise signers that the signing can take upwards of two hours. I also make sure they have my name and that I will have ID to verify my identity when we meet. I do not discuss anything else.
  3. e
  4. e
  5. a (Wait for a reasonable amount of time then drop it off)

My followup email sent to info@123notary.com after sending the above referenced email:

To Whom It May Concern:

I received a rather unexpected email today asking about my experience in notarizing docs and requesting answers to several test questions. The email was from a gmail account. Was this someone at your
organization? If so, I would suggest reaching out to people directly by phone prior to sending something like this, as the email was a bit odd. You have no idea the amount of phishing emails I get to notarize docs,
with instructions to click unrecognizable links, etc. It’s just good business to be a bit more personal prior to sending something like this out of the blue.

On another note, please add the 24-hour icon next to my name.

Thanks.

In the past, I believe I spoke to a gentleman by phone shortly after creating my 123notary profile. I don’t remember if it was Jeremy, although based on the information I’m reading in this thread, I strongly suspect it was. Additionally, I specifically remember stating that I received no response to an email that I sent to
info@123notary.com and the individual stated to me that this particular email was not checked very often and to use an alternate email. The purpose of the phone call (he called me) was to verify the profile I created. I do not remember the alternate email that was provided during my phone call with him, if it was. If that’s the case, why publish this email on your website if email sent to it is not checked often? That seems a bit odd to me. Several months later, I received yet another email requesting to verify my profile and the information provided. Honestly, I was at a loss of words as I had just done this with him over the phone.

Anyway, as of this writing/posting, I have received no reply to any of my emails referenced above.

Out of curiosity, what is up with this page on the 123notary.com website?

https://www.123epayment.com/result.asp?cat=20

Who uses SKU numbers, Form numbers, and Buy buttons for people to send an email for Inquiries, password resets, in depth inquiry (is this a more involved inquiry which requires a separate form?), sales inquiry form. etc. etc???

My eyes just glaze over looking at this site and all the comments about him. Has anyone read the Taco story on his Blog, dated August 25th, 2019? Truly crazy in every sense of the word!

I was listed with 123 for years and did receive many signings because of my membership!! But after 10 years of being a member, things seemed to be getting rather strange. When I received phone calls from Mr. Belmont with his testing, I answered his his testing questions! He argued with some of my responses! I’ve been a notary for 39 years, in two states. I have been employed most of my working life in escrow!! Give it your best shot Mr. Belmont!! I am no longer a 123 member!!

1 Like

I finally received a reply. I was removed from the 123notary.com website. Most likely, my previous posts here were read by Mr. Belmont. An F rating with the BBB? All the negative comments that scour the internet about this individual and company? Where’s there’s fire, there is usually smoke.

Not losing any sleep with that. Good riddance and thank you Mr. Belmont. ;o)

He did the same to me. He is clueless and serves no purpose.

123 Notary is a joke! I tried to sign up for their free listing and I got rejected and prompted me to select one of their fee membership options! Of course I exited. Nice try! Deceiving people will not get you far! They must think we are a bunch of idiots! Unbelievable… Ugh

Don’t they know that 1 satisfied customer will tell 2-3 others about his/her experience with your company. But a dissatisfied customer will share their bad experience with at least 8-10 others? Get some training in customer satisfaction and retention! No thank you to 123 Notary! But I am happy to pay for my annual membership fee to Notary Cafe. That animated coffee cup cracks me up:)

1 Like

I couldn’t answer his sudden question phone call because I had just left the nursing home of my dying father. He stated to me that my silly issue was a waste of his time, and if I wanted to be a professional notary that I need to answer questions immediately! He hung up on me and deleted my profile. Disgusting.

The deception I’ve seen from Jeremy and 123Notary.com relates to 1. His absolute inability to significantly explain how the algorithm resulting in higher or lower placement works. Nor has he ever shown how paying more equates to earning more business. 2. He offers “training” and quizzes notaries who advertise on 123Notary.com yet has no certification or accreditation of any worth. In fact, unless something has changed very recently, Jeremy isn’t even a Notary Public and in fact has not been for the majority of the last fourteen years. Much of what he grades notaries or notary signing agents upon is NOT sound procedure. The opinions he spouts are NOT sound either nor based on best practices.

Never take advice from someone who knows less than you do about notary procedures.

1 Like

Jeremy Belmont is an arrogant and very disrespectful person. he added my personal information online which Is a total violation of privacy when I called for help he yelled at me then hang up on my face. I am contacting my lawyer and google. so disgusting

Gosh he has been calling me for over 15 years. Always asks the same question with a sort of “careless” attitude but I just talk to him about other stuff and move on.

It was odd that I got an email from this individual last year but I ignored it.