123 Notary Removal

I am in Washington State and the answers he wanted for the test were not State specific. (unless you are in California) His answers were just flat out wrong. Turns out I only did 1 deal for them in 2017 so not real worried about renewing with them.

I am in Virginia and received his call yesterday afternoon at 4 pm. He asked me you have the signing and a witness, what is the number to be signed? Yes he said my responses would be timed. I attempted to ask a clarifying question, and he hung up.

I am sorry but this is uncalled for ā€¦

That question doesnā€™t even make a lick of senseā€¦jeez

1 Like

Received a call from him while I was going to a signing. Fortunately, I had his phone number flagged as Bad Company. He asked if I could answer a question or two and I immediately replied, ā€œSorry, the reviews I have read have been very bad about you.ā€ His answer, ā€œYou will be removedā€, and he hung up.

Wow, I had the same crazy experience. People use to tell me they found me on 123 Notary and when I checked my registry, I was not there. I didnā€™t even know this was going on, because immediately when the questioning sounded crazy, I disregarded b/c Iā€™m busy.

This idiot called me today, a Sunday, during dinner. Asked me some off the wall question that had nothing to do with any signing I ever do, and when I called him on it, he yelled at me, said heā€™d take me off his site for REFUSING to answer his BS question. Guy is a total douche.

That question is: If you have a signer and a witness how many entries should be in your journal?

I have a commission in TN and VA. When I got my commission in VA last year Jeremy called me up to test me. Said I had a free listing. I told him I have not been a member of his site since 2008. I asked how I got a listing on his site because I did not do it. After many emails I was finally told it was Jeremy that listed me. I told him to remove m and never call him again as before I became a signing agent in 2003, I was a mortgage broker for 20 years and surly know what I am doing in the state I am commissioned in! Have never heard from him again. Have NEVER missed being on his site.

Must be ā€œmedsā€ problem. Listed on site since 2005. 2000+ error free signings. Removed me because I use Notary Rotary Modern Journal, Jeremy states ā€œillegal in Californiaā€ NOT! Fully complies with ALL CA requirements per the 2018 Notary Handbook. Iā€™m an approved vendor for every escrow company out there. Jeremy was ā€œnormalā€ years ago, but my ā€œpersonal opinionā€ is that he went over the deep end.

I think Jeremy Belmont is mentally ill and apparently he is getting worse. I always thought he was left of center and your comment has proven that.

1 Like

Sooo, after about 12 years on his site I asked to be removed. I never get business from the site. After seeing the comments and realizing that my thoughts were shared I decided to leave the site.
I have spent the last nearly 28 years in this industry, 16 as a mortgage underwriter, and 12 years full time notary. One can always learn however when questions are asked they should be applicable to our responsibilities. There are some questions that apply, but many I feel overstep our boundaries. Although I have the skills to get more into depth on certain documents, itā€™s the loan agentā€™s responsibility to answer these questions.
I get concerned when I see a question about the FBI just showing up on your doorstep. For one, I would not do anything unless I had my attorney present.
Anyway Iā€™ve know Jeremy a long time and Iā€™m sad to leave but I feel that itā€™s what I needed to do.
This is just me and, yes, itā€™s just questions, but itā€™s like taking super low fees. We are very important and valuable parts of the mortgage transactions and are worth getting fair pay. We have business expenses etc as well.
We may be the only person the borrowers see and the last thing they may remember. I believe that representing our clients well is what is most important. Most signing companies and title companies donā€™t want you to overstep your responsibility as a notary.
We donā€™t work for a signing website. We arenā€™t paid by himā€¦in fact we pay him, so he technically is supposed to provide US a service.
With the NNA, taking their certification tests give you something that nearly everyone requires now, along with the background check. Although I donā€™t agree with all the NNA does (whatā€™s with all the snail mail to remind you of things? :slightly_smiling_face:) their questions are consistent with what I notary should know.
Years ago I did the certification test on the phone and passed it, although the questions didnā€™t necessarily pertain to notary skills and never got updated. This was Iā€™m thinking like 10 years ago. That gave you a little symbol next to your name however in my region it didnā€™t help at all. Iā€™m in a small region where there are very few of us.
In bigger places this site might be crucial to you however where I am itā€™s just not.
This is just my 2 cents. I donā€™t ever comment here however this topic was interesting and important.
Thank you for the original post.
Just take care of your clients and get paid what you are worth and youā€™ll be just fine. :slightly_smiling_face:Aloha!

I went to look at the site in my area and noticed, no one is certified anymore with anything!

I am not going to renew my listing that I paid for. He has called me several times at odd hours of the day and night. Jeremy is a jerk, unprofessional and I receive calls from people saying they got my name from 123 notary. They will ask if I can do a a signing for something like an out of state title for a car I tell them to call someone else. I think Jeremy has people call me to see what I will say or do. I donā€™t trust this guy. If I get one more call from this jerk I will tell him to remove me.

Borrowers are enough, but I appreciate your question and why you asked.

I didnā€™t ask anything. I was stating the wording of the question that LindaH posted. Itā€™s not how many is signed, itā€™s how many entries are in the journal. I already know the answer.