124 Notary sending out a test

Has anyone received a test from a Jeremy @ 123 Notary. I was sent a 12 question test from him. Several questions pertained to California where I do not live nor practice. I got those marked wrong and was told I need to study before he tests me again later. This seems rather odd to me.

I would suggest you do a search here using keywords “123Notary” or “Jeremy Belmont” - there has been extensive discussion about this previously.

How is he sending this “exam” ? This is new but his methods are old. I would heed Linda’s advice and read many previous discussions on this.

He emailed me. He then emailed me back with my score and told me I need to study for next time time. He accepted my score this time but it will not pass next time.
I did read the thread and am definitely on my guard and will see how much work I actually get from their listing. So far 1 call.

If you are not from CA and you answered the questions correctly according to YOUR state’s laws, I’d let him know that - He is not making his test state-specific - you have to answer according to CA law no matter where you are. That, IMO, is just wrong.

I’m just sharing information! I was sent the 12 question test from Jeremy too so I contacted one of his staff who informed it is not mandatory to take that test! I have chosen not to take his test because I have already taken his certification test a few years ago & passed so I could be 123 certified on his site. Many of us who have been a member listed on 123notary for at least 5 years or more should know by now that Jeremy is a rather odd person & has found a way to start bothering certain notaries including me because he has nothing else better to do! He started with phone calls periodically to ask a few notary questions & now he is emailing a 12 question test… nobody else does this!!! I don’t know what his motives are but it definitely should not affect the chances of getting more calls for signings! That’s just my opinion!!!

I actually enjoy watching videos and taking tests offered by client firms - I feel it keeps my skills sharp. That is, however, for those companies who pay ME, not those companies whom I pay. I read a post on Notary Rotary that said Mr. Belmont had been questioned as to the qualifications of notaries found on his site, so he began testing in order to retain marketability. I used to pay for a spot on 123Notary, but have not for nearly a year. I have noticed no drop in my volume of signings. I personally have never received phone call nor “quiz” from Mr. Belmont. Keeping in mind that his intentions seem to be a one-man campaign to better notary standards, I can applaud that.

1 Like

I get the quality check and cannot blame him. However, if you are going to do spot check people, look at whom you are speaking with and the laws pertaining to their particular state. Read the multiple threads about him and you may change your outlook. Also, Not a huge fan of his posts nor him pulling paying people from his site. I too enjoy being tested to keep my skills sharp but not sure how I feel about the integrity of whom is judging them after reading his posts. Or reading posts about people who paid him losing their spot on his site. Besides, NYS tested me already, I prefer not to be associated with that site.

Re: 123 Notary site. Years ago, I paid the top dollar before and it did not move my position on the list or get me more calls than when I had a free or minimum price listing. I have been a notary for 36 yrs and I am NOT taking anyone’s test for any reason, Lately, I am getting all kinds of scam calls from that 123 listing who waste my time. At first I was wondering if this is what Jeremy is doing these days to check up on people and how they respond which is really like him. I have had him and Carmen both hang up on me before when asking them some questions about navigating their site and sorting out the 2 passwords that you need for their site. .I don’t care if they list me or not anymore. Even though I have quit working for signing companies long ago, I have such problems with people from out of my area doing who want rush jobs and rush shipping and then maybe not be paid , that I am only concentrating on working for locals. All I get from 123 is requests from far away.
t

Respectfully, if you don’t get work from his site then simply don’t answer his calls (his number is all over the internet so you can block it from your phone) and just ignore the emails.

We are business owners–we can pick and choose who we work with/for/etc.

As for me, Jeremy can ask whatever he likes. He is a master at advertising 123 and I get dozens of calls a week from that site. But we know this business is all about location. What works for me might not work for you.

There are a lot of notaries out there who don’t know what they are doing and don’t try to learn. At the UPS stores they charge the same price for affidavits and acknowledgements. Why? Because the notaries in the stores don’t know the difference. I needed a notarization. The notary (21 years of service) asked me questions. Imagine how many errors she’s made on other documents. Actually, they could be reported to the SOS for overcharging, but I can’t be bothered with that nonsense.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Ohio. $1.50 for an affidavit and $2.00 for an acknowledgement :slight_smile: We get paid the big bucks. But for GNW we can charge for travel/convenience. It’s the only way to make any $ as a mobile notary.

I was answering LindaH’s question about what state I’m in…but she deleted her post. Now mine looks like some random statement.

I did ask that question but found the answer myself so deleted it…guess I wasn’t quick enough…lol

That is really odd that they’d have two different fees.

Thanks for answering

have done this and passed and not got one notary from it waste of money

To Jeremy Belmont he is always right. Avoid him at all cost

Don’t be so sure about your certification, everyone has to be recertified. I was a “gold” certification, Jeremy gave me the test and I passed, then one day he called me on a Sunday at 8:00am to test me. I take strong medication and normally not coherant until 10am, but a Sunday morning. Later he called and said "you sounded drunk and didn’t answer the questions correctly, you have lost you certification. I am sorry but, he is an A^^ H***.