2020 required notary gear

Okay, NSAs! Gear checklist: Stamp, journal, pens, fingerprint ink pad… laptop, electronic signing pad…masks, gloves, sanitizer… riot gear. Check!

3 Likes

Getting to that point, isn’t it…

1 Like

Gun, ammo, holster, CCP, pepper spray,

I never carried my gun anywhere - I will be starting now.

4 Likes

LindaH…Just what I was thinking, for keeping in the car, anyway.

I did, until Sunday. Parked on the street to do a signing in a downtown condo. Came down to find a mob had swept through, spray painted cars and smashed windows, and vandalized interiors. My nice little Kel Tec is now in someone else’s pocket.

Oh NO!! So sorry Judi - did you report it?

Immediately! Only my passenger side window was broken, but everything in my glove compartment was all over the street. A couple of older people were gathering things up and putting them in a laundry basket. They had folding chairs, and planned to sit by the cars and wait as long as they could to give people a chance to recover their items. They were tucking notes with their phone number under windshield wipers, in case they had to leave before car owners came back.

Some people run with mobs. Better people clean up after mobs.

2 Likes

And a fast car! :joy::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

I can hear it now:

Borrower: “Can we move this along pretty quickly? Really, just show me where to sign. I have to meet the guys in an hour - we’re planning to trash the 1400 block of Pacific tonight, and there are a lot of windows to break.”

No!!!:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

I have a concealed carry permit and keep my kel tec .380 in my shoulder bag…just in case!
Never paranoid…but prepared. Judi, sorry you were a victim of this unruly behavior.

I have a carry permit, but have never carried into a borrower’s home. That will change!

I have a new Kel Tec P32 on order, but geez! 5 week back order, then shipping to a firearms licensed dealer near my home, then a 2 week wait before I can claim it. In the meantime, I’m carrying a zapper and pepper spray, and keeping a close eye on mob websites to keep away from “hot spots”.