6 hours drive to a closing? Seriously?

Ok, so I was supposed to help do a mail away closing for $120 which is my base fee for a mail away closing. Where the 1st notary will get the 1st signature and mail the package to the 2nd signer’s home. And the 2nd notary doesn’t print docs, jus show up and complete the signing and send the package back to the Title Co. Anyway, I was scheduled to do the 2nd signing for tomorrow with the husband. The first NSA do the 1st signing today with the wife at another location which is a 6 hrs drive RT from me. My 2nd signing supposed to be tomorrow with the husband who is 10 mins away from me. The lender is in a rush to get this closed today instead and asked if I can do both today! I declined due to the distance. So she got an NSA who is doing the signing with wife today to drive 6 hrs RT to also do the closing with the husband who lives in my town. I sure hope that notary who is willing to drive 6 hrs round trip get paid $500 at a minimum! Wow!

6 Likes

Yes, indeed. The folks who call don’t often consider where we are located vs where the signing assignment is located. When hiring companies are taken aback at the rate I quote, I have to point out what it is exactly they are asking me to do and the time involved. Most of the time they get my rate approved. But sometimes if they balk at my rate I have to politely suggest they find a notary who doesn’t have to travel as far to the borrowers.

1 Like

Ahhh naw. Wouldn’t be me!

1 Like

That’s called Split signing. Good call, they are dreaming.

1 Like

Yes, that’s correct! Split signing/mail away signing:)

1 Like

So agree ~ No Way! Often times this information is not supplied until after seeing signing assignment confirmation. I’m quick to state this was not part of the original agreement so I will not accept signing. FASS is good about recording conversations and I had to decline signing ~ they verified recording.