A Step Above Signing Service My fee has yet to be paid!

Continuing the discussion from A Step Above Signing Services:

A Step Above Signing Service - As of December 11, 2019 I have yet to receive my fee for a September 20, 2019 for a successful refinance signing!

1 Like

I did one signing for them earlier this year and they took a long time to pay. First, I waited for about 2 months then I emailed Angie and was paid within a week. She can be reached at 205-572-0832 or
angie-astepabovesigningservice@outlook.com

I am also waiting on payment for a signing that I did in October.

1 Like

I dunno… a LOT can happen in 2 months. You have to look at the co’s history & decide whether or not you feel they’ll be around 2-3 months from now.

2 Likes

I no longer do signings for companies that have more than Net 30 terms and if I have to chase my money down after 30 days, I politely ask them to remove me from their service.

• if you read ASASS Terms, they pay in 60 BUSINESS days so technically you could expect to be paid in no less than 84 days or 12 weeks.
3 Likes

My understanding is the owner recently suffered a heart attack in November.

Recently, I had a couple slow pays. I write a letter to the client, stating my claim, amount owed, and my efforts to get paid. I then email a copy of this letter to the service provider stating that if not paid in 5 days, this letter goes into the mail. Works every time.

1 Like

I did a closing for her on Nov 8th and when I sent a message 30 days later asking when I would receive payment, she just replied “Not due yet”. I replied asking when it would be paid and she told me that she pays in 45 BUSINESS DAYS (her caps, not mine) but that she never waits that long. After 45 business days passed with no check, I emailed her again and she told me she would send me the check “again”. I got a deluxe email check dated that day. All in all, it was over 60 days after the closing.

2 Likes

I read the reviews on this company and decided not to take a chance so I notified ( I will not say her name) her and informed her of the negative reviews. Got a nasty email back, she went on to give me a Christian lashing. I did not reply back. The way I figure it is if you were not in the wrong, why be so defensive? I would have called and personally and politely defended the written comments. By her actions this gave me a more negative about the company and would never work for this person and notaries reading this post will follow in the no thank you approach.

1 Like

I blacklist them I no longer will ever do a signing for them. Too many excuses when its time to pay. I have a business to run as much as they do. Things do not pay for themselves.

1 Like

I still have not been paid by them. I am contacting the better business bureau today and the title company for this signing if I do not get paid today. I have had to contact them for every signing I did for them.

I had to threaten her with the police for harassment because she would not stop emailing me.

I have yet to be paid as well.

A Step Above Signing ( Angie McCloud) is a horrible company. I did two signings for her one April 24, 2020 and the other on May 1. I had to reach out to her on June 23 to ask her about my payments. She sent an email back saying she was working on April and May’s invoice that weekend. Well two weeks later still no payment so I sent another email. She copped an attitude really quick and and started babbling on about sending the payment on June 11. Anyone who has Deluxe payment exchange knows they keep a detailed record of every check sent to you. I knew there was no check sent and she had the nerve to say it went to my spam. I have emails to back all this up. She finally sent my payment for April on July 06 and for May 1 today July 9, Which she sent by way of a really nasty email and then had the nerve to say some foolishness about Karma. Well she is right I hope Karma gives her a swift kick.

I also mentioned to her about all the horrible post about her and Angie swears its a disgruntled ex-boss who is doing this. Well guess what I’m not her ex-boss but I will tell you this steer clear of A step above signing. It should be called a step below in my opinion.

3 Likes

She is the worst. I will never work for her again. It took me so long to get paid after bugging her for months. Never again. Her antics are quickly catching up to her unprofessionally run business.

3 Likes

Can we do a class action law suit for payment? She is contracted to pay for the service, therefor should be held accountable.

2 Likes

I wish I would have read reviews before accepting assignment. I contacted someone named Angie about a re-finance I did on June 22, 2020. She accused me of saying she pay late, etc, etc and said she sent me copy of check via email (which I have never received). Interesting she replies to my request for payment but never forwards what has supposedly been issued. I’m very frustrated as I have never had this experience with any other signing company. I suppose I will need to write this one off.

1 Like

Something needs to done. I’ve gotten scammed as well and told off via email by Angie. She was quite nasty. I was shocked at the unprofessional nature considering I was only asking for payment for services rendered. Seems to be the title companies should be aware that she is not paying notaries. I will be contacting them as well

I sure wish I would have read your review prior to accepting assignment. This woman told me off in an email because I ask for status of payment that was never received. She said I was accusing her of not paying her bills on time. It was bizarre and I still have not received payment for June 22, 2020. Title companies need to be aware

Same exact thing happened to me. Job done in May. Sent 4 invoices every month following. Finally sent her a text and she stated that she paid out on 10/2/2020 and to check email folders. I asked for her to forward the check and I was paid a week later. She never apologized for the inaccurate information.

I haven’t been paid either. She keeps giving my the run around.
She said… This is not due quite yet payment are made within 45 business days I try to get them out earlier… This is not due quite yet payment are made within 45 business days I try to get them out earlier.
Then she went on to say that she sent it to me cash app today but she’ll resend it. And I know that she was lying because nobody just resend the cash app payment just like that. So I reached back out to her and told her all I’m asking is to be paid for my services rendered. Within a couple minutes she paid me literally like three minutes ago.
I will NEVER accept another signing from her!!!