A Step Above Signing Services

Last night I got an offer to do a signing ASAP. It was 7 o’clock. I countered $150 for time of day and no notice. I received an email demanding to know why I wanted so much. I ended up rescinding my offer because they refused to meet my counter.

1 Like

I have. They have been pleasant to work with, paid well but slow…like 9 weeks. They say 30-45 “business days” . That’s rough when you’re used to most paying in 2 weeks and a few 4-6 weeks.

1 Like

I had a last minute, quick, deed signing for some people that I happen to know near my neighborhood. Pay was good, not far away…will never again. That was July 2 and I have emailed 3 times and only got one response and that was when she indicated that
she paid in 45 business days as my paperwork stated and sometimes sooner…again that was July 2, 2019 and two more emails later.

I did a signing for them last week. They seem very nice I will keep ypo posted on payment!

Update…Still no pay for the deed signing I completed July 2, 2019. Sent another email yesterday that If I was not paid by end of week, I will contact title…Never again…

Update still no pay. I emailed and they told me the owner had an heart attack I just closed the email and smh. I can’t be bothered.

Another update:…finally got paid by Deluxe Check…Signing July 2, Emailed 8/20 responded I pay in 45 business days maybe less per your committment…emailed 9/19, no response, emailed 10/8 no response. 10/28 emailed last time and Indicated that if I did not have pay by end of week I would go to Title…Contacted Title 11/2 by email…received email…why did I go to title and not contact her direct…hmmmm I DID…MANY TIMES…I issued your check…I never got…Well i will send you your pay right now but please do not ever contact title again, call me…I wouldn’t have contacted title this time if you would have responded and/or paid me…Last resort…Never again…dont have time…She indicated that her business checking account was hacked. I’m sorry, a few years ago her husband died, now someone has a heart attack as I see posted here and now her business account has been hacked. If It wasn’t for bad luck. I’m sorry, I am not usually a mean person but come on…

2 Likes

I know there are 2 sides to every story. I believe we should be paid within 30 days no exceptions. I did have a delay in receiving payment from A Step Above Signing Service, but when I contacted Angie she responded immediately with payment and an apology. The company was also very professional to work with.

1 Like

They are a terrible company to work for. I have a list of companies I refuse to work with.

3 Likes

Please do your research on this company

3 Likes

A Step Above Signing ( Angie McCloud) is a horrible company. I did two signings for her one April 24, 2020 and the other on May 1. I had to reach out to her on June 23 to ask her about my payments. She sent an email back saying she was working on April and May’s invoice that weekend. Well two weeks later still no payment so I sent another email. She copped an attitude really quick and and started babbling on about sending the payment on June 11. Anyone who has Deluxe payment exchange knows they keep a detailed record of every check sent to you. I knew there was no check sent and she had the nerve to say it went to my spam. I have emails to back all this up. She finally sent my payment for April on July 06 and for May 1 today July 9, Which she sent by way of a really nasty email and then had the nerve to say some foolishness about Karma. Well she is right I hope Karma gives her a swift kick.

I also mentioned to her about all the horrible post about her and Angie swears its a disgruntled ex-boss who is doing this. Well guess what I’m not her ex-boss but I will tell you this steer clear of A step above signing. It should be called a step below in my opinion.

1 Like

Angie is a wreck and at the rate she’s going she’s not going to be in business long. Yes when I mentioned reaching out to title she became angry and sent me a nasty email. She said all of these post are from a disgruntled boss. SMH!

I executed an escrow closing for “Angie” on June 25, 2020. On July 22nd, I followed up to find out when I might be paid for the closing. She responded… “June is NOT due yet” … I waited three more weeks and contacted “Angie” again on August 14th and asked for a specific date as to when I could expect payment. This time, “Angie” stated that she “…(did) not have a specific date but (was) working on June payments…” Needless to say, I have lost my patience with “Angie”. I have contacted all three of my attorneys and am willing to spend 10X the amount she owes me thus forcing her to spend 10X the amount she owes me in order to force her to meet her financial obligation – That is the measure of my resolve. I hope “Angie” reads this because the next correspondence she receives from me will be in the form of a legal pleading.

1 Like

I completed two signings for this company on 5/20/20 and 5/29/20. Shortly after those, I accepted an assignment that was cancelled but I was never notified. Its now 8/31 and I have yet to receive payment for May, even after several emails. This company is now on my blacklist. I say we come together and file a class action lawsuit.

1 Like

What company is this?

Oh I see now who it is. A Step Above Signing Services. It should be called a step below as they are terrible and the gal that owns it is rude.

1 Like

I had to keep calling her too and it was so hard to get my money finally that I will not do signings for her anymore. I think she said payments are made 45 days after signing but maybe that’s business days. I had to call, email and text and then she got upset because I sent her a text. I felt like I was bothering her and putting her out just to ask for the money she owed me.

Send a demand letter to the lender and a cc’d copy to the title company, let them know what type of people they are dealing with.

Whoops, I stepped in it and did a signing for them 2 months ago. Angie emailed me and stated she is just getting to it???

One time. Never again.

1 Like