Agency Email Blasts!

I have noticed a huge rise in agencies sending email blasts. Prices are usually way below normal and you have to accept within seconds and without important information! I sure hope this doesn’t become the norm.

1 Like

I have seen the same thing, but really it’s up us to stand up and refuse to take those small fee paying jobs. ex. I had a loan closing paying 60 dollars and at the same time I had a customer call me for a POA job.I took the power of attorney job and charged 50.00. my lost 10.00;

1 Like

I ignore them, they are usually $50 of $60, just a little more than it costs to fill my gas tan.

Yes, the pay is terrible. I have noticed several of them are resorting to it as their main way to contact now.

1 Like

I do look at these, but mostly just ignore. The pay is usually very low and unacceptable.

1 Like

I mostly ignore these. Except for one agency, but I quickly check the finer details before aceepting the offer.

MortgageDocs.com offers $30 dollars for a loan signing at a local Chase bank. No printing, no fax backs, no courier drop-offs, signed docs are left in location. You come and meet signer(s), sign, notarize and go. All done in less than an hour, my case is 30 mins.

I only accept if: 1 signer, opening hour or last hour, and nearest Chase bank (mine is 2 miles away). Firm.

Not the best price for me (and us) but a worthy filler gig at rare times. I think they know it too.

Delete, delete, delete. Never enough info to make an informed decision. Plus, as stated by others,
fee is just way too low. If you don’t value your time and experience, nobody else will.

The Mtg Doc scenario sounds awful to me; if one must accept such a signing (local/in-house), AT LEAST charge the State allowable fee per Notarization. In VA, that would get them 6 notarizations only! Supervising the signing and going to the bank to meet the signers should generate a little more respect - like another $30.00 in this case - you’d hope.

HI @Jberry,

Notary Cafe does not set any fees for the agents in our network. All fees should be discussed and agreed upon by the Agent and and Signing Service before the work is conducted. Our goal is to connect you with businesses in need of your services - the fees for your services are not an area that we control.

To achieve a little more visibility within the Notary Cafe network, it may be beneficial for you to mix up the zip codes listed on your profile. As the industry ebbs and flows across your region, changing the zip codes shown on your profile can help unearth business that lies outside of your current areas.

You can also send a polite reminder to the companies you have previously worked with reminding them that you are available for assignment. This can keep you in the forefront of the scheduler’s mind when a job opens up in your area.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact support@notarycafe.com and a member of the support team will be happy to answer them for you.

Thanks, NC_Mike

2 Likes

I have just started doing signings and all of my assignments have been thru agency email blasts. I’ve missed assignments because I didn’t respond quickly enough. I’ve seen assignment fees range from $30 to $100. There was one company that called me and left a message. Unfortunately, I didn’t respond quickly enough and it was re-assigned. Since I’m new at this, I don’t really know any other way to find out about signings. One other company sent an email. They like the “personal touch.”

I agree don’t respond know your worth and do the math----- we all need to break down the cost of doing a job. (please don’t forget the space to work) for the person asking. If we continue to respond to the low payment, it will never get better. Whether we do this as our main source of income or poart time we still have cost to cover.

2 Likes

I also am just starting and I am not sure what this email blasts is?
Can someone advise.

Check your Inbox. When companies are “cattle calling” for notaries some send mass emails or texts hoping to get a “bite”! Typically there is no way to determine the type of signing or scope of work involved; thus, quoting a sensible fee is impossible. Remember: YOU the notary determine the Fee you work for. Blast communications normally aren’t worth your time & energy - unless you enjoy traveling 80 mi round trip and waiting 45-60 days for a $60 check that barely covered your costs and Time.

1 Like

When I see these blasts, I see them as a call for any notary, quality not essential. If they didn’t think that all notaries were the same, they would take time to insure they were getting quality service, instead of any service. The notary is under a lack of information. No info as to the size of the package or mileage requirements.

1 Like

Hello jnewberry and all. “jb” what are you suggesting, I’m confused. Are you suggesting we should answer these “lack-luster blast,” yet lower our standards as SAs and diminish our virtues to reflect the reduced (lack of) information for the assignment and the $fee/s?
lnelson

Jberry,

I agree with you. I would like to know where to go to get higher fees. I have done 11 signings so far and only one of them offered $100 and initially they said it would only have 75 pages. Then after I received the emailed docs it was 190 pages and I had to provide a copy for the customer too. Can someone please help us? I think if we all work together on a set fee, then these companies will not offer such low rates.

I am in the same situation. I have no idea how to get work any other way. At first I did it to gain experience, but now its getting to be more of a hassle. I feel like I need to add in more money for the time it takes to print all these docs, check them, go to the client, check them again before mailing them off and what about the time spent going to drop them off?

1 Like

I understand that it is a good way to get started and in a pinch it is tempting. But it is not healthy for our trade. If we don’t accept $15-25 less, we’re likely to lose work to those that keep their finger on Reply. I don’t know that it’ll ever change unless the notaries doing these lowball signings don’t measure up and the agencies get back to being more selective due to title company and lender complaints. I’m glad to hear that we are in agreement, but what can we do other than turn them down?

Is Chase still having mobile notaries close? I was told they were stopping that at the end of 2015 and haven’t gotten any since.

I think there will not be any mobile notaries in the future. I believe this role will be phased out soon.

1 Like