Amrock - Defects

Amy, Amrock s a great agency and have good set fees, however the computer rating is very unforgiving and will “Black List” suspend/your offers on most errors that could delay funding. The suspension or reduction in offers could last up to thirty days. My advise is to just bite the bullet in these good times and it will past. FYI! Always review documents at the table for your Bread & Butters and Favorites. :wink:

2 Likes

I have to say Amrock is the best! I did a couple signings for them last night and I called this morning and softly not requesting or demanding but told them how stressful it was to print docs at an extreme short notice without any time to review and flag. They added $20 to my fee:). Such amazing people working over there. They understand and value their signing agents

6 Likes

In my book, AMROCK is as good as it gets! Love working with them and I feel very supported by them. Yes, they are sticklers for perfection, as well they and you should be. Lately, however, it has been difficult to count on Chase documents being delivered prior to that two hour window. I’ve had to give up a couple signings because either a business or personal meeting butted against that two hour window and I couldn’t be certain to have the documents before my first meeting, and I wouldn’t have time to return home to print. This just requires planning on my part. But other than that, keep trying to get on with AMROCK, and price your rates according to your standards for your community. I find they are willing to pay for perfection as well.

3 Likes

Sorry I’m late to the party. I just joined Amrock and took all their training. Two things have me scratching my head that I’ve never come across before.

1. They want us, the Notary to distribute payoff checks after a purchase signing? We close, we call then give the money to the borrowers? This is kind of bizarre, never heard of this before. Can anyone elaborate?
  2. Chase requires the Signature affidavit to be stamped twice? I didn’t see any example of what that would even look like. Twice? Why and how. At top and bottom they said but that is strange. Is there a marker at the top for you to place your stamp? I’ve never encountered this before. Do you just drop your stamp as a disembodied entity? I’m confused.
1 Like

In response to Item 2: The Signature/Name Affidavit from JP Morgan/Chase is a combined document. Contains Signature Affidavit on top half & Name Affidavit on bottom half (two distinct affidavits on one 8.5 x 11 page).

1 Like

Don’t know about check disbursements, as I have never had this request. The signature affidavit is how you are appending your name in the loan package as your true signature (I use the match to identity document - e.g. drivers license - as acceptable standard). The name affidavit portion of the form identifies any other names by which the borrower may be known. The notary has to append signature/seal on both parts, even if there are no other names in the name affidavit portion, as certification to that as well.

1 Like

I’ve never placed my stamp on the Name Affidavit if there are no names completed on it as there would be no reason to notarize that area.

Are you talking about the AKA section at the bottom of Chase Bank SNA form?

She has to be. Chase only has one layout for that Doc.

There are two different Affidavits on that page. A Signature/Name and AKA; If there is info on both sections, then you have to stamp both sections/areas. It’s totally Legit.

Hi! This is not in response to anything, just a question. I am new to AMROCK and was wondering how often you all get assignments pop up? I rarely get them since I joined. Is this normal or something I should look into. Thanks for any helpful tips!

I’m new to Amrock and also still learning. From what I’ve read here, there may be several factors. Is your market saturated? What is your pricing relative to others?

Someone else posted in this thread that Amrock has a tier system -

The assignments may be taken before they get to your “tier”. Also, what does your profile say about your coverage area? I put five counties on my initial application, but they only put two on my vendor profile. And I hardly get anything in my own county. I mostly get work from the other one. There may be someone(s) else that gets all the signings in my county. Give them a call. My experiences with them have been positive…

I feel pretty competitive in pricing and I’ve mostly received assignment notices that are already taken. I can be looking at my phone when one pops up and I hit accept immediately only to see it’s already been assigned. I wouldn’t know if my market is saturated. How would I tell? Is there a place on their site that lets us know? It’s frustrating to get an alert only to just say it’s already assigned.

Saturation is relative. It really could just be one more than “enough”. There is nothing on the site that will tell you, but Partner Management may give you some feedback.
At first, you said you rarely get notifications…but based on your latest reply, you are getting notifications, but you aren’t getting the assignment. That means that other notaries are ahead of you in the queue (ranking) or faster at the draw.

1. I would say refresh your app often, so your password doesn’t expire. That will improve your response time. I’ve missed things just trying to log on my phone.

2. If you can, look at expanding or shifting your coverage area. As I mentioned, I don’t get anything in my home county, unless they call me. I get most from my neighboring county. If may be more inconvenient to go further, but they are pretty good about getting docs timely, so I can take multiples with me for back-to back signings.

3. Keep looking for other companies to sign up for. Who knows what their volume is in your area at any given time?

Good Luck!

I received an email stating that they wanted to setup my account but I would have to resubmit my SA Fee schedule to lower my fee to $70 for a refi as that is their max in my area + $20 for emailed docs.

DON’T DO IT!!! Stick to a PROFITABLE fee and, when the $70 notary is sooo busy losing money, guess who they’ll call~~~ Also some companies will go to the next notary & say "oh, to get any work, you’ll have to go lower (than the current lowest)…they do this again & again & again until they run out of dumb ones.

4 Likes

That was a month ago. I couldn’t even respond to it. I was so confused because everyone says they are so great but the fees she stated stopped me in my tracks. I’m in a major metropolitan area so I guess my area is over saturated with those who are accepting lower fees going by the previous comments above.

If you are reporting closing completed on the app, recheck the app ten minutes later to make sure it went through. I had one where I reported on the app after closing and app showed it went through. App closed and I got a reconciliation warning ninety minutes after closing saying I didn’t report it.

I’ve had that happen quite a few times. I’ve assumed that it was our bad cell coverage here. I’ll report an update on the app, it apparently accepts it but when I check later it didn’t show as having been done. No problem updating from home but out and about in rural farm country I am often barely in cell range, if at all.

Make sure the fee makes sense for you all’s current lifestyle. Doesn’t make sense to work and not be able to survive you may as well go back to working a normal $20/hr job and put in OT which I honestly don’t mind. I’m one of the few individuals in the world I know that don’t mind a regular job. While everyone wants to be rich I just want to remain as happy as I’ve been and even happier if possible. Money is vanity so have fun making it and don’t let it make you, it’s just a piece of paper with dead men on it. Be careful, double/triple QC your signings, live, love, laugh and learn! And let the newbies take low fees either they will realize they can’t survive off taking any and everything or they will realize too late! :bowing_man:t5:‍♂

And always have a backup plan because if you’re like me too stubborn to lower your fees and competition sweeps in at a lower fees you may need to figure something else out. Just a thought!

1 Like