Amrock's Data Collection App & training

Has anyone made their way through this training? It was promoted as a short training program, quick and easy. I would love to know if anyone has attempted it!

1 Like

No. And wonā€™t. Strikes me almost as bad as calling yourself a paralegal when doing these debt relief deals (which I wonā€™t do either). From what others have said, youā€™re using some appraisal software and appraisers get waaay more training and have to work under another licensed appraiser for quite a while before being turned loose on peopleā€™s houses. Make way more money, too. I think this is a misguided effort to ā€˜go cheapā€™. Frankly, Iā€™m disappointed in Amrock for trying thisā€¦

1 Like

I am still pursuing this and can keep everyone posted. I have not heard all the details of how this will work. I will say I am on board with Amrock and everything they are doing. Just watch.

Are you already participating in the training? It just seems like thereā€™s a lot more to the training than the ā€œquick and easyā€ information that was originally promoted. It look quite overwhelming to me!

Yep, I am pursuing everything. I feel if I can gain additional skills to put on my resume, and Amrock is behind it, why not?
The training is minimal. The first requirement to create the same drawing was only a sample, and Amrock has its own app so I am sure it will be easier to work with. I would definitely pursue learning new skills

What type of training is this. Although I havenā€™t gotten itā€¦that I know of, I have done a first closing with them. So, I was just wondering.

Title Source underwent massive rebranding to become Amrock. Is that the same company.

IF YOU have NNA certification, Nothing else needed. Other training programs are just company policy.

Some states need you to be a licensed Title Producer to close, Some title companies require it in other states if it state law does not.

And after all that training , companies pay low , while they charge 250 to 365 for closing, while notaries are being solicited for $75. Time, paper, travel, ā€¦ It just not worth it.

I completed short training video. I have to download desktop and Iphone apps to cloud together. I am having trouble just doing that. You need to download TOTAL and it is only temporary -do we then have to pay? I will be taking the webinars this weekend . So much to get started but Amrock is great to work with so I will try. I will updateā€¦

Started the training. NOT short & easy by any means. In the end, time spent at the locations will be longer than a normal closing with LESS net dollars to the notary. Been involved with ALL areas of real estate since 2005 and my PERSONAL OPINION is to pass on this ā€œADDITIONAL INCOME OPPORTUNITYā€. I informed Amrock that I was not proceeding with the program.

1 Like

Thank you Chris. I started the training and basically found that this is a high level field inspection service. The app is like a miniature Auto-cad program. Not a fan either.

After viewing the webinar training, I made the decision not to proceed as the fees for this type of work are too low. I love Amrock, but this Dada collection part is not for me

Thank you, Chris and info13, for confirming my initial take on this brainstorm of theirs.
Much appreciate the input.

My pleasure. I was initially very interested in doing this to add some depth to my side hustle as I have done some of the field inspections in the past. Amrock is my favorite to work with and give me a ton of work, but I work a lot in NYC and not sure that I want to wander onto peoples property with a laser pointer :wink:

If you like inspections, have you ever checked out SOFI? Give that a try.

<<no experienceā€¦no idea of fees, etc. Just a thought>>

Thank you Linda. I am listed on there as well. Richard Law is great for anyone looking to get into this.

I agree! Not short and easy AT ALL! I was quoted $60 data collection fee will be paid (Iā€™m in Louisiana). With taking measurements and figuring out the floor plan to ā€œsketchā€, Iā€™d want an appraiserā€™s usual fee to do that and deal with the HEAT in South LA! Unless I missed something, seems like another LOW BALL fee for A LOT of work.

I was initially interested and even downloaded the app. I never tried to reproduce the sketch. I got an email asking if I was still interested and I told them I didnā€™t feel comfortable. I agree with the concerns everyone else has posted here. I am also wondering about the liability. If your measurements are incorrect and no one catches it until maybe years later, could you be sued? I donā€™t think our E/O insurance would cover us. Too much of a learning curve for me and too many unanswered questions. I am interested in how it goes for those who do try it out.

Youā€™re right about the E&O not covering it. If you carry standard notary E&O, that covers notarial errors only.

This little outreach, side gig (hate that word but thatā€™s all I can think of now) is certainly not a notarial act. Has nothing to do with notaries at all.

The only suggestion I have for those who pursue this - download the app and practice on your own home first? You know your own layout - will get a base idea of how long your own home takes to process through this - then you can imagine how long a strange house would take - not forgetting to include the round-trip travel and the time required to complete the report and upload.

I for one would not touch it - too much liability on the line IMO.

I told Amrock to shove their training up the wazoo. Lots of BS from middlemen, trying to glorify their switchboard operator function. I am trying to be decent here. I have worse words for such players.