Any experience with Avanti Notary?

Has anyone had experience with this company on the West Coast area code 213?
They called to see my availability for a long distance job and then argued with me over my fee! She said “I see using google maps you are just “x” amount of miles away…” I tried to explain that the location is on an island and you have to take a ferry, etc. She STILL was trying to barter with me on the fee…and I finally hung up on her! I tried to explain it was not cost effective for my time to do it for the low ball fee they were offering! Wow! I have never been harassed like that over my fee! Usually if they don’t like my fee, they just say “okay, I’ll bet back to you.”

I had to wait a long time for payment. They are fee grinders. I won’t do any signings with them.

Comments on them can be read on Notary Rotary (Signing Central).

Don’t work for them!!! Takes forever to get paid and many phone calls and they always blame the escrow co.

Leave that company alone… Very shady company. Your lucky if you get paid.

Avanti Notary Service, The Notary Pool and ASAP Pro Notary all use the same telephone number…that ought to make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm…or at least ask: WHY? If you get a response to that question, please share.
Thanks

Hello, Fellow Notaries!

My name is James Han, Owner of Avanti Notary Service and a Notary Public in California. I started this nationwide signing service a year ago because I was so frustrated at how long it would take other signing companies to get payment. During the last two months we fell behind in sending out checks because we grew too quick and didn’t have the manpower to keep up with our accounting. We are however now caught up to date and would like to ask anyone who has not received a payment from our company within 30 days of their signing to call me right away at (818) 442-4884.

To bwells: I’m sorry about the bad phone experience. Our scheduling coordinators have been coached to provide the best customer service. Hopefully, we will get another assignment in your area and we get a chance to work with you in the future.

To Chris: We do not want to be “fee grinders.” We work with some escrow offices that have negotiated a deal with us for a lower notary fee but in return we get a high volume of notary assignments. If you are not interested in the lower fee signings please kindly refuse the work. We will try to get you a higher paying assignment.

To Eugenias: If you did not get paid, please let me know. That is unacceptable!

To PatBurke: We are not part of any of the companies you mentioned. I honestly have never heard of Notary Pool or ASAP Pro Notary but I did some research and looked up their phone numbers. Notary Pool is (714) 482-8653 and ASAP Pro Notary is (888) 702-1226. Our phone number is (213) 458-2486. You can also reach me directly at (818) 442-4884.

I continue to look forward to working with my fellow notaries and hope that it is with a very positive experience. Thank you!

If they don t like my fee I just tell them:
“Keep calling down the list, If you don’t find anyone you can call me back to check if I am still available, good luck.”

It’s my opinion that they now operate on a sound, legitimate basis. I did a Closing for them about 2 months ago. After reading their reviews here and on N/R, I called back and talked with the Owner, James. Told him that I understand there can be 3 sides to every story. I had no bad vibes from him after the telephone call. After receiving the Docs, it was a large package, I called him back and requested an increase to the original Fee. He approved it on the spot and emailed a revised Conformation immediately. After the Closing, I advised him of the completion and he offered to pay me immediately through Pay-Pal. I declined and told him I wanted to see if and how long until I received full payment. I was paid in a little over 30 days. After that experience I posted a 5-star rating on N/R. Ya know, sometimes you just have to trust your gut feeling. I did and it proved to be correct.

47 days and counting. I have left two emails and just now left a message for Mr. Han. I also did one 20 days later not knowing there was a problem as I was paid of the first one I did for them in February.

Update: I was paid. Hopefully, now that everything is booming these companies will get ahead or at least do better.

Got paid quickly and well:)

I did a signing in February 2017 and still waiting for full payment!
They won’t even respond to my calls or email anymore.
Not so sure I will sign again or recommend them.
Mr. James Han, I’d appreciate it if you would pay me!

I am waiting on a payment that is over 60 days old. Not worth having to chase your money. Rather spend my time on signing orders.

Still waiting for payment for an “error-free” Quicken loan package completed in April of 2017. They paid quickly at first, now it’s like pulling teeth to try to get paid. Currently 4 1/2 months for $85 fee. Make your own decision, I already have.