Anyone else's business slow?

Ive done 3 in a day depends on demographic and your age. If your young go for it.

I found that bringing an escrow office lunch or coffees are a good way to get the attention of an escrow officer. once I have there attention I then pitch them on why they should use me!

I have been with Notary Cafe and I have not received any calls at all since I have signed up!

2 Likes

@dkabynotary1, but you do get a return in this investment. If you sign up with some of the title companies, they require you to have a Notary Café membership. With this, they grab all your information and uploaded documents so that you don’t have to resend. :slight_smile:

It seems that a lot of the title companies are now turning to signing companies to get their notaries. So although I have reached out to a few, they’ve either sent me to the signing companies or not responded to my emails/letters.

As for builders, should I just find the local communities and send them a letter? Should I go into the communities and ask to speak to…anyone?

Any advise is appreciated!

@notaryme, I just moved to a new community and I plan on marketing by foot. I will go to any business that can use notaries (law, medical, real estate, etc.), introduce myself, and hand out my card.

Oh, ok. Well, when you begin that process, will you come back and give an update on your successes or lack thereof? It would be nice to get some follow up and hear how it went.

Yes I will, @notaryme. :slight_smile:

yes, but how many are offering over $100?

I don’t know but I always charge title companies over $100 and you can sometimes go even higher on brokers/loan officers. That is why it is best to market directly to them. And once they give you a job, make NO mistakes the first few. Be on time, polished, and do a good job. Impress them so that they have no need to look for anyone else!

I got one general notary work and five signings this week, with direct calls from three new companies, so it was not slow this week for me. I also got a call from someone who gave this person my contact number because she needed help filling out her divorce papers. I told her that I cannot do that because it’s against the law for me to do so (not an LDA or attorney).

This week, I was offered $XXX for four of the signings and $XX for an 8 page app signing down the street from me (literally could walk there), which was reasonable and not lowball. All are reputable companies. I’m happy.

@notaryme, I never gave you an update like I said I would! It’s been fruitful, and I have not marketed to that many places yet. The operative word in my rural community is MOBILE NOTARY because most of the notaries are in offices and don’t want to travel. I got a call this week just for that reason.

Interesting information Patrick. Can you explain what you mean by “title plant dependent”?

Thanks.

In some states out west they use title plants they build from recording office information, instead of searching them as a abstractor. I never held a title insurance license in those states, as it gets a little convoluted.

you need to call companies asking for work

Very slow after the first of the year here in SoCal.

1 Like

Here in SoCal it’s very slow, at least for me. I’m thinking of getting licensed as an Immigration consultant which would help, any thoughts?

Maybe one or 2 a week. Thank God he will provide

First we had Mark Wills selling his courses to nowhere, now we have Notaries sharing “Secrets” of what? I understand we Notaries know already what to do, so no need to people trying to be a pied piper on the unexperienced or naive, we will rebound, that is for sure, business is slow but not forever,we’ll see the light at the end of the tunnel soon, patience is one of our virtues…

2 Likes