Are their signing companies that work with new signing agents?

I have applied for many signing agencies and I have had a lot of rejections. I wanted to see if anyone started off by working with some signing companies? How do you get started? I just passed my NNA certified class on 11-10-2018. I am signed up on Notary café, and Snapdocs. I tried FASS and Xome Signings.

Guess any of them will if they don’t find an experienced one for the job. As the demand for refis has decreased, this is less likely to happen right now. Hard part for a newb is NOT taking way too cheap jobs just to get some work. That concept will be your downfall.

I don’t directly sign up with SS I use Notary Rotary, Notary Cafe, 123Notary, Yelp, Notary Express, and Signing Orders/NNA. That is where Signing Services find you and when you get a notification for a job you contact that signing service and the lender or Title company that uses one of the all of the above, ask for a vendor Packet and send it back to them then you become a preferred Notary for them. I have gotten Jobs from FASS and Xome Signings by doing this exact process.

Arichter is correct when I started I took any Job for any price to gain experience now that they know who I am and they know I know what I’m doing they pay more.

2 Likes

BBS Notary is a good place to start. They have cool people working there. They got me started.

2 Likes

I have had great success registering with the National Notary Association. All certifications are with this association. I signed up with the company that refinanced our loan and started there

3 Likes

Be patient right now because the market is slow. Once the interest rate goes down the market will pick back up.

I agree BBS is a good place to start.

You could registered in Notary Rotary, 123 Notary, Get a list of signing and Title companies and sign up with them. Do not dismay if you are persistent you will get signings. Also remembered that loan signings is not the only thing you can do as a notary Go to nursing homes and take a flyer of services and your business cards. I do not know in your state but in mine I been hired to notarize for bail and bond clients I have been paying very good for just one signature more than some notaries get for loans so if you can reach them and ask if they need your services. Also registered in online directories serving the general public depends of where you can charge your traveling fees. People do find you online if you advertise yourself there. Please do not accept low fees for loan signing just because you are new, never, never accept a $50 those fees are for desperate notaries that do not value themselves. Remember this is your business treat it as such. You need to make profit.

5 Likes

Where did you take your training? That makes a HUGE difference. Notary2Pro is the most extensive training, and they have a list of companies that accept their certification when you graduate, included also is mentoring. No other program offers what N2P offers. You don’t “apply” to companies, you contact and offer your services. What do you mean by rejections? They don’t accept your certification? It is VERY slow now, interest rates are climbing and refi’s are fewer to be found. The best bet is to get very familiar with Purchase closing docs and contact local title companies and realtors (they can, and do, request specific notaries they like to work with). If your area is saturated, you will get even less calls. Advertise for GNW, (get familiar with your state laws for POAs, wills, etc.) which some make a great living just doing that… especially if you have a place the client can come to you or contacts with local senior citizen homes. Always have a backup income plan. N2P also has a page for graduates that has training for other areas of income. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Has anyone worked with Loan Signing System?