At wits' end with Brother 5200DW Printer! HELP?!

Ok well I have a MAC and my husband is a Mac consultant. You CANNOT do dual tray printing automatically. They don’t match each other.
I use Notary Rotary’s resources and they have a page size separator. It will split the legal and letter size paper for you. So you print your letter then your legal using your dual trays.

Hope that helps

Is your computer setup with a Dynamic IP address? If it is then every time you reboot your computer you have the potential of getting a new IP address, which is different from what your Brother Printer is looking for when you installed the printer. If possible setup your PC with a Static IP address and go through the setup process of connecting your printer to your computer.

Same problem after six weeks fighting with Brother a fellow whispered on the phone “brother doesn’t work with apple you need a pc” done and done. Cheap PC , that I love, and no more problem.

I remember that! But Steve Jobs also never wanted to make a stylus so Apple calls it a pencil. Apple needs to understand that as much as we all love Steve Jobs, he is not with us anymore and Apple needs to move on

Always problems with brother printers with/without mac…buy a pc and a HP printer and your problems go away. Maybe we need a thread entitled “DON’T BUY A BROTHER PRINTER FOR YOUR MAC”

@a_saye_notary Hey, Amy. I, too, have been beating my head against the desk repeatedly over this. The solution I have found is Notary Rotary’s page separator (https://www.notaryrotary.com/mc/pdfsorter.asp) and the extra effort to combine the physical pages afterward.

It’s the best, not IT-expert solution I’ve found, as imperfect as it is. I then use iOS’s Preview app and just select the page size of the particular group of pages I have (legal v. letter) and my HL-L5200DWT seems to be fine with it. It’s added about 10 minutes per packet (+/- 20-30 minutes per signing) so my profit margin has dropped a little bit, but again it works.

Reading this thread, though, I am going to do a little more digging on a couple of the solutions proffered and see if any work better than the manual solution I’m using now.

Hope this helps.

-Brian

What model PC did you purchase? Because I am getting ready to do that just for printing packages

Finally, this Script 3 on Windows via Parallels desktop works. I’ve tried EVERYTHING. I’ve been tearing my hair out for weeks. Thank you for this information! Long story short, if you are on a Mac/Brother system, either plan on manually printing sections of letter and legal or pony up for the Windows interface and let the printer do the job. The good news is, I can now use the free Adobe Reader and cancel the full Acrobat subscription. Thank you!!!

1 Like

After getting my MacBook - Brother combination to work it still had problems with print quality, bottom cut off, and page chopping. I decided that this Engineer had enough and picked up a PC. No longer having printer issues. My MacBook has been relegated to personal use.

1 Like

I have a file that talks you through setting up the BR-Script driver on a Mac. It also talks about the settings you need in Acrobat. I also have a 10-sheet mixed letter-legal test file. I can’t figure out how to upload the files here so if you give me your email address I can send them to you. It’s helped a lot of people on the FB notary forums.

1 Like

Fabulous! cooscountynotary@gmail.com
Bless your heart!
Kathleen

Please and Thank You! lgiammanco@gmail.com

I had the exact same problem the solution is in Adobe hold shift, command and the +. Sign This will rotate all your documents upside down. When you go to print make sure you are selecting custom scale at 100%. This should correct your issue!! Let me know if this works.

I gave up and invested in a Windows PC. No further problems.

You are literally a life saver!! Thank you for this. I was pulling my hair out!!

Which PC did you purchase? I’m in the same boat.