Beginner - 0 signings - Will they hire me?

I am a brand new Signing Agent with 0 signings under my belt. When filling out apps for signing companies, they ask how many signings I’ve completed. What are the chances they will contact me even though I haven’t done any signings yet?

1 Like

It can take a while (as they get used to seeing your name) to get that first call and the opportunity to prove yourself by being error-free. In your profile, put any related info so you ‘look competent’. And, while you’re waiting for your first break, do your homework so that you KNOW what you require to be profitable going to every city/zip you intend to serve…because (trust me on this) if you don’t KNOW, you’ll be working for peanuts.

I will be servicing borrowers within a 20-25 mile radius of my home. Does that sound right?

It’s YOUR business. Do what feels right to you and see how it works out.

This will depend on where you live (population mass) and the time of the day the Signing is to take place. I have 25 miles on my profile, but there are many places I require extra money for that are 15 miles away or even less. I live in the Portland Metro area, and during prime time traffic it can take me an hour plus to go some places just 10 or 12 miles away. You will soon learn what to charge extra for and what to turn down flat during certain periods of the day unless you don’t mind camping out in your car.

Exactly! There is no such thing as one size fits all. We each have to figure it out for ourselves based on the variables in your area.