Beginning of month slow down?

I’m pretty new - just started accepting signings in mid August. It seems like I was getting notifications (I use snap docs) constantly those first few weeks. Then I paused my notifications for a week to focus on getting my kids back to school. I turned them back on after Labor Day and it’s been Crickets. Like, maybe a handful of notifications all week.

Is this a typical cycle for the beginning of the month? Or after a holiday? I’m getting paranoid that all of the companies I did signings for blocked me or something.

• a nervous newbie :joy:

I’m new too, and from what I’ve experienced the signings ebb and flow.

How many companies have you signed up with? Are you following up with those you have signed up with?

I’m only registered through snapdocs right now. I’m not really concerned, but wknderong if a slow down like this is normal.

Yes, I think it is.

I would like to suggest that you research your companies before accepting them Snapdocs. You can do a search at the Notary Rotary forums, or here, and find out if they pay. If you see they have a bad reputation or don’t pay, you want to steer clear if them.

I use Snapdocs as well, but they are not the only one I use. I am also working to get on with title companies as well. It’s not a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket.

I am confident in how I accept jobs and from which companies. I just noticed a slow down and was wondering if it’s a normal cycle. I’m sure after I’m doing this for a while I’ll start to notice patterns.

Best of luck to you then. :slight_smile:

SnapDocs is a great place for newcomers to gain valuable experience, while accepting work for very low barrel bottom fees.
However , be warned, as there are many unscrupulous signing agencies, who work you up, and don’t pay you.
I don’t accept assignments from snapdocs anymore.
Most of them are debt signing anyways, which I do not do.
IMO they are scam and my conscience does not permit to be a willful accomplice to such scams. SO as a principle I decline debt settlements.

The industry has been slow since Jan 2017.

Refinances are low , Refi Fees ( costs points) are quite high and is discouraging borrowers from doing REFI.
A lot of them are doing REFI late into their sunset years , when they are probably 70+ years old or older.

HECM ( Reverse ) closings are doing an uptick. This is indicative of larger issue with economy, peoples income, spendability etc…

I don’t accept jobs for barrel bottom fees. I’ve been paid fairly for all of the jobs I’ve done (average $125) and I research all of the companies before I accept a job.

I chose to start with snapdocs because it’s been a good opportunity to get my foot in the door and gain experience.

Again, I was simply wondering if the slow down I’m seeing this week is due to the beginning of the month/holiday and if this is a pattern.

2 Likes

I’m newer and don’t accept liw ball fees. I counter offer and have gotten over $100, up to $135. I also check all companies at signing central and notary rotary, and I have a list of blocked companies who don’t pay.

If you are only on Snapdocs and are averaging $125 per signing then you are certainly doing something right! I’ve seen only a handful over $100 on there. Maybe it’s your area IDK but wow.

Do you mean that most signings on Snapdocs are debt signings? That is simply not true. There is one company on there called Sunshine Signing Connection, Inc that offers them quite a lot. This company is the only one I’ve heard discussed anywhere on social media or amongst my friends that is pushing debt consolidations.

Can you please share the list of blocked companies. We notaries should block them enmasse

I don’t think there is any “typical”. It seems to go in cycles. I do know that 2016 was MUCH busier in terms of job offers than 2017. That’s largely attributed to the rise in interest rates and the decline in refis. All we can do is make the best of what is available to us. We have no control over anything in this business except our own efforts.

1 Like

Since I mentioned that I block companies that don’t pay, I presume you are talking to me. The ones I have blocked are Avante Notary, DocPros, Notary Pool.

1 Like

my best advise I give to all new Notary’s. 1, Never say no to a signing. 2. If your not 10 minutes early your late! 3. Always ask how they pay! 4. Don’t do net 45 or 60 day pay outs! If you get stiffed on 1 signing. Then you know don’t work for them again. Don’t work for MortgageDocs, or Vista National, 5. NEVER be afraid to call. Lender, escrow, or title. 6. Never give legal advice, love advice, your view advice. Your there to get the items Signed not make friends. The last thing anyone wants is the loan not to close. 7. Call logicopy for all your printing set up and services. Spend the money and pay for a great printer 2 try. Legal and letter. The bigger your print bill the more successful you have become. 8. The market goes up and down. 9. Be DEPENDABLE

2 Likes

First week of the month is normally slow. Lenders get hopping later in the month and last week is normally really busy. Why? Lenders must hit goals and compensation incentives by monthly production. This is why they cram closings at month end. With that said the market is slow–higher rates the main culprit. There is a lotta debt settlement work out there. I did them for a while in the beginning. Now I refuse all debt settlement work–too mamy bad experiences with vendors and clients.

I work with one company off sd, but the text blast that come to me are so low, its painful to read. $45.00-$85.00. I’ve never heard of any jobs paying $125.00, unless the package is huge, and lots of faxing.

Lots of jobs pay $90 and on up. I once saw one for $200 but could not take it due to being booked already. I have countered a $100 for $130 and got it.

Do you mean you take loan signings for $45?

Susan , no I do not work for $45.00, I don’t accept jobs out of sd because of the low pay, some with very bad reputations.

@marypdl, that’s good to hear. :slightly_smiling:

I will say that I have had good luck with Snapdocs so far. I research the companies prior to accepting an assignment. So far I am being paid for the work I have done. It does not bother me that some companies pay 45 days out, as it does some notaries. There are companies who pay pretty quickly as well.