Best Signing Companies

I am in California and just getting started as a mobile notary. I would love a mentor and any advice on how to get my business up and running.

1 Like

Try looking at the Beginners string.

1 Like

TranStar National Title in Plano. Excellent people, they still contact by phone (an assignment I can take while driving - yes!), and payment is issued as soon as they close out the file - anywhere from 5 to 14 days.

4 Likes

Sunshine is through Snapdocs now

1 Like

I used to do tons of work for FASS. Then after February not even one call.It just stopped abruptly. I was not up to white glove but working on it. I have emailed and called and not a word in response as of yet. Did something change that I am unaware of? There has to be some way to get back on their “call list”. Suggestions??

2 Likes

I do not mean to sound on the dumb side but what is FAAS? I googled it and found nothing related to Notary work

3 Likes

First American

Kcolovos…try searching “FASS” - it’s First American’s scheduling/signing arm

1 Like

Their official name is First American Signature Services. I did some consulting with a now retired First Am executive many years ago to help get them setup. Make sure that you follow their instructions to the letter regarding updating their system with confirmation, completion, etc. This is part of how they grade for white glove. Important to be 100% for this criteria (or very close to it) or your status may change and then the opportunities drop off dramatically, unless you are in an area where there is less competition.

3 Likes

Has anyone heard of USA Signing Agent?

1 Like

Since this is a post about “Best Signing Companies”, I will simply that that USA Signing Agent has no business being mentioned here. Don’t waste your money.

8 Likes

Most of your Title Companies may come outside of Arizona, like CA, NY, NE, FL, PA, etc. Snapdocs will send you lots of signings, mostly last minute. At first they low ball and as you build a relationship they’ll respect you. It’s like attending an auction. If the others bid low, let them learn the hard way. Soon they’ll need to buy paper and printer ink and have no money.

3 Likes

I’m in WI. I don’t leave my house for < $60 and that has to be 2-4 miles away. One deer hit = $4,000. I wonder if your factoring in all your business expenses within your comment. Are you using your business income to pay for: gas, insurance, printer, paper, drum, time to buy/order the items, shoveling snow, prepping car (oil change) time to do the signing. Clothing, name tag, GPS, wash car, business permit, computer, internet, etc. I bet your using some of your personal income to make your business work. Did your personal income pay for your computer, printer, internet? If so, the title companies will love you. You’re paying them to complete their work. Wonder if they’ll send you a Christmas card. Kind Regards.

I got a message on Snapdocs last night at 6:30 asking for a signing agent ASAP for $30.00!!! I replied that I would do it for $85. I’m thinking they are sending this out to see who would accept it.

3 Likes

Doc Pros is a good company. Pay is fair and prompt.

2 Likes

Carrington Title Services is a great company. Their packages are kind of large. They usually pay $120-140 for a refi

3 Likes

I like Carrington, too, because they generally pay well and quickly.

However, their average print for me has been 395 pages (both sets), against my average of around 260. Also, they want the whole package scanned back to them.

1 Like

Most of mine are not with faxbacks and if so then the price was increased. My average print is 275 both sets

1 Like

Let me give you some advice, FASS don’t call unless you did some wrong, for me the order come by way of Text in the beginning and you become a member of their WHITE GLOVE status; I get emails the email is for the 1st notary to get it, as snapdocs do, I stay busy and get paid every week.

3 Likes

Thanks for Info… I’m trying to do Notaries FT now