Best Signing Companies

I received the same I am not available for a low fee

Xhome or now called Title 365. I completed my first signing with them this week. Very easy. Totally mobile. There mobile program is easy to use. You can take your ID pictures from their application. Awesome. I am not sure how the payment will go but I can see their invoice. I am told they will mail it. I wish they would auto pay. At first when I signed up I did not see any orders come through but I have seen some lately. Problem is that is it totally mobile. They do not have notifications available so you have to constantly check the program to see if there are any closings available. I have only completed one but I could have, IF I would have looked completed more for them. Easy to work with.

2 Likes

Xome- They’re in collections right now for non payment. And afterwards I discovered it wasn’t the first time. Until you had an experience with them you’ll think a company is good. The signing took place in January 6, 2018. Still no payment.

1 Like

I have never had an issue with Xome. Always paid and I can negotiate the fee. Just accepted another signing from them last week.They are good to work with.

1 Like

I just received a text by LPC for the first time. I’m glad you posted this. I’m fairly new to the business and a little nervous with new companies. How’s it going with them since you posted this last year.

Wow, have not had that issue yet. I will keep a watch on them now though.

BankServ site will not be working to accept notaries until May sometime.
FASS, depends on area. Fast pay but now going through Snapdocs. Not a step up!
X-Home Signings is now call Title 365. $90, fast pay, love the mobile site
Signature Services, $90.00, 2 wks pay
Mortgage Connect/Inspire…$ negotiate. They usually call and are reasonable. They pay:

Invoice received Week 1, payment will be mailed Week 2.
Invoice received Week 2, payment will be mailed Week 3.
Invoice received Week 3, payment will be mailed Week 4.
Invoice received Week 4, payment will be mailed Week 1.

2 Likes

Xome was bought out by a different company. You might not get paid not for past due’s :frowning:

Who bought them out?

I thought Xome just rebranded and changed their name to Title 365. I was under the impression that Xome was Title 365’s own Signing Service and they just changed the name.

1 Like

Love Amrock. They are my number one. I go out of my way for Amrock as they actually treat you well, both financially and over the phone. Everyone is really professional.

12 Likes

I contacted the title companies and they said they are not able to choose their notary and it has to be from snap doc, it is very hard to get any signing from SnapDoc if you do not respond immediately to the text you wont get it.after all my experience in mortgage and financial I tothought I can do this job efficiently, but with the all expenses and driving &75.00 or $85.00 fees are not suitable. I wish I could work with somebody directly like you .

2 Likes

A title company / escrow officer can generally use any notary they want to do signings for them, they are giving you the “we can’t choose our notary” line because they don’t know you and have no reason to use you as a notary. It takes time, personal marketing, skill and a little luck to get picked up by a title company to work for them directly. Honestly, I don’t find cold calling title companies and asking for their business to be very effective, they don’t know you and they have absolutely no reason to use you. I would suggest joining groups like the Women’s Council of Realtors or other real estate networking groups in your area to be able to meet people in the industry face to face. Build a personal relationship with some of the people in these groups (real estate agents, escrow officers etc) and then they will be more willing to use you.

And if you DO get a direct order for a title company do an AMAZING job! I don’t know your background, but honestly, if you are just a basic “sign here” notary who really doesn’t understand the real estate process, mortgage documents and what title companies do then you won’t be much use to them. In order to be able to get top fees from title companies and be their “go-to” notary you really need to know the business and be an asset to the title company, escrow officer, and escrow assistant. You need to understand and be able to answer basic questions about the process (when is this loan going to fund / when am I going to get my keys / what happens next etc) to make the signing smooth for the signers and their real estate agents so that the escrow officer / assistant won’t get pulled away from what they are doing to answer these basic questions. You need to be able to recognize and point out potential issues / problems and bring those issues to the escrow officer’s / assistant’s attention ahead of time so that there aren’t problems with funding. You need to know what to do with the documents after signing to make the next part of the process easier for them (for example, if you are signing the buyer and the seller hasn’t signed yet pull all of the documents that the seller has to sign out and clip them together so the escrow officer / assistant doesn’t have to dig through the package to do this).

The easier you make their job the more they will be willing to use you and the more they will be willing to pay you! If you don’t know how to do these things IMO you may not yet be ready for top-notch title company business.

17 Likes

I like dealing with old Republic. Very fair pricing and easy to deal with.

1 Like

BankServ also will not take new notaries till you’ve achieved 25 signings and I’m about half way there.

1 Like

Just a question, on X marks the spot, I had tried to register with them, it’s asking me to provide my credit card information, is this normal? Not comfortable with that.

This is very intimidating. I am a brand new SA and have not done a single signing yet and stuff like this scares me. Do you have any advice on extra tools I can or should use to be more familiar with the process? I am terrified to accept my first signing when it finally comes. I paid for a course through The notary learning center but it wasn’t much help. Do I need to spend more time and money on another course of some kind? Any advice would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

I’m not trying to scare you, but this is the reality of the business. This isn’t an overnight kind of thing, and you do have to put in more work in in the beginning especially if you don’t have prior mortgage experience.

Unfortunately I don’t have advice on what other courses or training to take. I was in the mortgage industry as a loan officer and processing manager for 10 years before I started doing this so I never needed to take any additional training on mortgage documents.

Do some signings with signing companies first before you try marketing to title companies. The most important thing is for you to get the documents signed and notarized properly, and as you do more and more signings you will get familiar with the mortgage documents.

My advice about joining a real estate networking group still stands, you may make connections and friends with someone in the industry who is willing to mentor you a bit and give you more information / training about mortgage documents that way.

8 Likes

you will need to pass a test as well.

Take a course to become a Certified Signing Agent. That will help. I have a 35 year history in the mortgage business but I still became a CSA. Even with all of my experience I thought it was necessary to be able to list that. Join the National Notary Association.

1 Like