Best way to manage printing / scanning costs

I am a relatively new Loan Signing Notary, Each of my jobs has involved downloading the documents via Snapdocs - usually that day or the next. One document was 185 pages. I don’t have the capacity to print 2 copies of that. Then there are Scan / Fax back. Using Staples was expensive. What are some strategies to manage the expenses of doing this. Could I expect the Title company to print it/FedEx to me; do I need to buy a higher capacity printer /scanner?

You need to purchase a multifunction laser printer that you can use to print and scan documents. Or if you already have a multifunction inkjet printer with a scanner then you can just purchase a laser printer without the multi function capability and use your existing inkjet printer for scanning.

Printing large loan packages is a basic part of the job and will always need to be figured into your costs.
There are several posts where people give suggestions on which laser printer to use:
Click This Link for a Notary Cafe Search for Printers
I would say don’t buy the most expensive laser printer at first, initially just find something that works for your budget. Possibly buy a budget laser printer (you can often find one for around $150) and then upgrade later if your business grows.

You will also have to buy paper and toner. Again there are already several posts where other signing agents give their tips and hints for buying these items at a discount. I personally buy remanufactured toner from www.inkjetsuperstore.com but again just do a search here in the forum and you will get suggestions from other signing agents. Same thing for paper and other supplies.

Bottom line, to be successful in this you are going to have to upgrade your equipment to be able to print and scan large loan packages. Hope this helps!

Thank you very much for your advice on this matter. I have now gotten enough input that I guess I need to step up “my game”. Also thank you for the links, I’m sure this will help me figure out what to get.