Beware of c2c need to punish without responsibility

Ira, you need to be very careful here, you printed docs and 77 pages were cut off, all legal documents were cut off. No one made you the scapegoat, you really did cut off the documents. I told you this, you were willing to fix this.
We did NOT lose the account, and I could cut and past the 20 or so emails from the lender and escrow and the borrower.
For some reason you dont want to admit it, and ownership is amazing.
When I make a mistake I own it, and i would be most happy to say it if C2C did anything wrong.
But I have the original documents sent to you and all the bar codes are at the bottom, but you cut those off.

its pretty simple, C2C had to pay this borrower house payment of $1095.00 due to the delay this caused.
This is why we keep business, if there are mistakes we say we are sorry and pay fees, and move on.

I appreciated your willingness to fix it, but time wise they ended up redrawing and closed.

1 Like

Lisa I want to move on. I have taken responsibility for the notarial signature I missed. You say I wasn’t thrown under the bus but the homeowner told me during his last call to me that I was blamed because I couldn’t print legal paper and yet the copy he has from me is on legal paper. You cancelled the assignment and had someone else tell me you cancelled the assignment. Then I get a message DONT CALL THE CLIENT. you have painted me as the villain and yet you want to walk away saying I wasn’t thrown under the bus, I am done. I want some payment for my time. Which according to Kasey I was paid handsomely for. Are the notaries in Lancaster aware that you believe there are only three good ones? Finally you told me you were losing $13,000 on this closing why did you indicate $1095. The big bad wolf always tramples on the ant.

let me set this straight,
this is what you posted at 10:49pm after the signing, not before
Jul 27, 2020 at 7:49pm PST THAT IS 10:49PM AFTER THE SIGNING

“Signing is complete. Everything went ok. The documents were not precise so I did the best I could. there were 3 4506 T. One was blank, one was filled in, and one didn’t have the years for the transcripts. None of them printed the signature line. In the package I printed for the borrowers the same problem existed. In two places another notaries name appeared so I crossed it out and wrote mine. Someone else was assigned to this case. Its the first time I have printed documents were these kinds of issues were found. I was assigned at 430 pm, had to get in the car by 6 pm in order to be at the borrowers home by 730 pm. There was no time to review the documents prior to arriving.”

1. There was no other signing agent assigned to this
  2. It is not clear that all docs (or legal docs) had no signature lines, or the 4506T (4506T signature line is 3/4 way down"
    not clear if other docs had this issue.

THIS WAS NOT TOLD TO US BEFORE, but after the signing and it is not clear.
C2C should of asked more questions, and to be honest on Month end night, we could of missed this, or thought you only meant the 4506t.

you took the signing, and you drove a long way, we appreciate that. BTW, you are assuming you won’t get paid. The issue is this, we entered another signing when the redraw due to cut off docs was given to us. This does not mean your fee is gone.
I work with partners, and things happen, but the money is the least of the issue, the partnership is more important than money.

You are pretty new to SnapDocs, so I can assume you get most of your work from sources outside of SD. your profile speaks to accuracy. The docs returned were cut off.
The docs sent to you were not.
Is this the end of the world? NO, we are not curing cancer, we are not curing this pandemic.
but this is much simpler than you are leading with this blog.
Should we have call you to verify what you meant by your post? ** YES**
Could you of called the next day before shipping just to verify? Since it was such a quick turn around time? YES

I spoke to you a few times, and you were willing to jump to fix it, this was great.
But C2C failed in not calling you to verify what was really missed, you failed by not calling the next day to ask questions.
C2C failed as well, taking ownership is very important and something I work hard at.

the fact that on a month-end evening you took a signing, for what i think is a fair price to all and you were willing to drive so far with just a few hours notice… 3 for a 7:30 appointment time… was great.
when we brought up the error you were a bit defensive but willing to fix it, at least when I called.

So don’t assume your not getting paid.

Lisa Bittner
(while I appreciate, Kasey comments and loyalty) the facts are very simple
Communication on both parts were the key to this issue.
Had we known we would of been happy to rescan the docs onto letter size to help this out.

4 Likes

Ira,
I know you want to move on, let me help.

1. you were not yet on your way to the signers when canceling. But it was coming up.
  2. I asked you not to call the borrower about cancel, only because I was told they might need a full redraw and I didnt want to confuse an already stressful situation with the borrower.
    But you and the borrower did talk, in fact the borrower showed his text and call log to the VP of Stewart. When you told me he called you.
    You also sent your call log, but not your text log.
    I told you it was costing $13k because that is what the lender said he would lose if the file didnt close, and I offered to recompense them.
    but since they redrew docs, I had to pay, Rate lock, and house payment, and all notary fees.
    Big Bad Wolf?
    I started this business as a signing agent, and just worked hard like everyone on this board.
    You were not being paid handsomely, but fairly as you set the price.
    the price was fair.
    But as you “move on” just know this, you did cut the docs off, and we should of done more to help you.
    I am not painting you out to be a villain, as I stated this is NOT curing cancer. In the end our lives and families and friends and faith are what is important. But you brought this to a board and I have this right to do my best to state what others saw, not just me. Lender, Title,
    the missed signature is minor, cut off docs not so much.
    You will be paid, because of all the right things you did, took the file during month end, offered a fair price, went the distance, and tried to fix it.
    not much more to say than that
    Lisa
3 Likes

Thank you. I will move on at this point. Last thing. I didn’t send the text calls because I was asked if I called him. I said no. Did I email him out of courtesy I did send him an email before I was told not to contact him. Once I received that message I stopped. All I have is integrity and I believe in it.

2 Likes

Trust me on this, we at C2C do all we can to make this a good experience for the signer/s and you as the notary are the main extension of them having a good experience. You are new and have alot to learn as I am still learning also. You have taken responsibility for missing a signature but not your printing issues and that is more critical with this loan set than the actual signature missed. When docs are cut off, they do require a full resign as your signers have now been put in a position that the copy you left behind is not usable and the copy you FedEx back to the lender/title/escrow and now the recorders office is not usable as the forms that are good are online with no signatures. We appreciate your hard work and you traveling to meet with the signers in what could be a remote area with less than a hand full of notaries that have experience to cover that area. As stated before we pay Net30 so the closest Friday to 30 from July 27 takes you to the week of August 28. Lisa is a good person and a good boss and a great team leader and she will go out of her way to make things right from lender/title/escrow/notary and signer/s. You will not hear from the owner of C2C (Lisa) or me in the audit department unless an error is made and we have to get the error corrected quickly as now you see how much lisa had to come out of pocket to make sure the signer has a flawlessly executed loan set and you are paid and the lender is taken care of. I hope that moving forward you see that in this industry one small mistake can cause a trickle down effect. We can help with small things on the back end as we do constantly everyday, there are alot of small errors we can get handled and you as the notary never know about it because we/escrow/title/lender are able to correct it directly with the signer and no one has to go back to the signer/s home especially with Covid being an issue. Keep in mind that one day when you get direct business from escrow, they will not tolerate mistakes in any way shape or form, we at C2C will work with you and make sure you have the tools and education you need to be successful

5 Likes

I try hard not to read, let alone respond, to some of the most ridiculous and whiny claims and accusations people - usually new notaries trying to look like they’re experienced experts - make in this forum. Lisa and C2C have been around the signing business a long time. She is not out to “punish” anyone, my gosh, so absurd. She is willing and has been giving new notaries an opportunity to break into this business which means sometimes she has to settle for substandard work—even Just one missed signature, which can be significant. You learn by mistakes - we all do. But this company is honest, generous and has been in business a long time because of their excellent reputation.

So sick of public trashing without concern. This is supposed to be a forum where fellow notaries can learn from each other.

5 Likes

This is similar to what happened to me. I always respond to their requests with double the amount they offer. I won’t be disrespected
Lisa was two faced and no one I ever talked to there was professional.

4 Likes

I’m a Notary but I haven’t completed any signings with C2C but would love to. I’ve talked to a few representatives with C2C and they were very professional.

I’ve worked with a few companies with “bad reviews” and found just the opposite. Despite their bad reviews, they turned out to be great companies to do business with. It made me realize there’s 2 sides to every story and 99% of the time, the notaries are at fault. I also found there are some notaries who admittedly made a mistake and instead of owning up, they ghost the signing company by not answering calls to correct the mistake.

I stand behind you @kasey_kyle and @LISA1 … Please call me, I would love to do business with C2C.

2 Likes

Thank you Jeff! We know that we are not a perfect company for sure. But we all try hard. Especially with business so busy, we are just swamped and we do fail at times, like everyone can.
but we try hard to be fair.

Lisa

3 Likes

Email me or call me and we will get you set up so you prosper down the road, don’t worry, even if there happens to be a mishap, I will help you correct it and so will the team at C2C, we don’t want you to fail because we all fail and let down the signers in the end. Kasey.kyle@c2csignings.com 215-693-3430

4 Likes

I’ve done about 11 signing for C2C and have nothing bad to report about them. BUT … irasnotary; I would caution you to initiate a trial, which amounts to a kangaroo court type trial in such an open forum as this one.
The way C2C has professionally responded to you, is in sharp contrast to how you started this thread. As a consequence … if I were a scheduler for another (totally unrelated) signing company I’d have you on my DO NOT CALL list as a potential complainer and troublemaker. Just saying … you missed a Notarization (and admitted to it) and that’s beyond 101 critical.
I’ve said this a few times; Mobile Notarization seems like easy, quick money, but … it’s not for everyone.

2 Likes

Ira, Hello…

I believe forums like this can be helpful if viewed in balance.

But being self-employed can seem to give us license to do things we would never do were we operating as a nine-to-five employee.

When as a Beginner, you air your dirty laundry in the public domain, having failed to achieve resolution with your client and in doing so, also admit here to having failed to complete a loan signing correctly, I don’t see any balance at all.

I do signings for C2C, I have spoken with Lisa on a few occasions and am pleased with the exchange and the relationship.

Asking those of us here in the peanut gallery to accept at face value everything you say, with no way of knowing the actual facts, is just not possible and in my opinion, creates no value while at the same time, lets prospective clients know you are a loose cannon.

Considering the ripple effect of an error in the notary loan signing process, I am wondering what value you see to letting us know you failed to correctly complete a loan signing process while at the same time you accuse your client, C2C of having failed you. Who failed who?

If you think you are ‘warning’ other notaries to avoid a client with whom you have no traction, I’d say you need to get your ducks in a row before crying foul. My suggestion is that you get more experience, get more perspective and be sure you are squeaky clean before you do your finger pointing. Also, I see you work in the mental health arena- “Stress Counseling, Anxiety and Anger Management Therapy”. Considering some of your text is mildly inflammatory, one would never know this from reading this thread… “Physician, Heal Thyself!”.

2 Likes

Ok here we go. I don’t often response to the comments!! I am far to busy trying to keep up with so much work at this time.!! I’ve been a notary over 40 years. Most of my working life has been Escrow!! First American Title and Western Title & Escrow
Both great companies! I have over the years completed approximately 50 or more signings for Coast to Coast. I have always received payment from Coast to Coast!! Yes, I made a call or two regarding payment, and have ALWAYS been paid. Over the last year or so, I’ve read several complaints on Notary Cafe from different notaries! I must say I’ve noticed Lisa Bittner has always publicly replied to the comments!! Good and bad.! I was very very impressed when I saw Lisa put her direct phone number on this website for the notary to contact her in order to resolve the issue.!! I tip my hat to Lisa! A dishonest person who avoids paying the notaries does not respond to matters at hand.! Yes there are times the docs don’t arrive in time, and several other issues that arise for us notaries! Been there done that! Unfortunately, its the business!# It happens with all companies!! I appreciate Notary Cafe where we can all share info and it has been a guide for Me more then once.!! I will continue to work with Lisa and Coast to Coast until they do me wrong.!!

4 Likes

They are a RIP OFF to Notaries and INSULTING on their pay. Why Any Notary would do any work for them is unbelievable. The pay they offer is just ridiculous and require scan backs of large package docs on top of that… Ive asked many times to be removed from their list and still get requests. So annoying!

We need to set the bar higher than this so STOP DOING WORK FOR THEM NOTARIES!

7 Likes

I’m a new agent. My first job was with C2C and I’m so thankful they took a chance on me. So far I’ve completed 9 jobs with them and never had problems with payment. There’s always someone available to answer questions and that’s better than other signing services that have no after hour staff. I did have to talk to some reps that are kind of ‘short’ but I just think of it as them being very busy…I’ve even had a rep on the phone at 10:30pm signing! So far my experience have been good. I always think how hard it must be for the SS to be liable for us newbies but on the other hand, we are the ones solely responsible for our notarizations if the rate doesn’t agree with your business model then it doesn’t… If you don’t like their rates, don’t accept them. There’s work for everyone at every rate. I hope ‘tomorrow’ is not the day that I will have a bad experience with C2C but until that happens, I have nothing bad to share about them and I’m thankful they helped me start in this business! From my perspective, the day I make a mistake in my assignment that is totally on me, I won’t complain for getting a pay cut or delayed payment, that’s all. I hope we are all more kind to each other, we are all a team.

4 Likes

I do no jobs under $100.00 Most signings I do are $125.00 or above. Unfortunately some notaries accept signings at a low ball figure! That is their mistake!! There are several companies that throw out ridiculously low offers. When they call me with a low offer I laugh at them that we are longer living in 1999.

4 Likes

I have been trying to get an answer from C2C since last night about when I am going to receive docs. I have a closing for them in 30 minutes, and I still have not received docs. Nobody is responding to my messages through Snapdocs, and nobody is answering their phones. That’s really too much stress for a $75 signing.

I took it upon myself to contact the borrower and let him know that his signing will likely be late starting. He responded and said his lender told him title has had docs since last night. That’s more information than I have received from anyone today.

I want this borrower to have the best possible signing experience. I pride myself in being on-time for everything. When a signing service makes me late, they are disrespecting my time and the borrower’s time. I do not want to develop a reputation as being unreliable because a signing service makes me late.

If C2C is concerned about relationships, what about their relationships with notaries?

I neglected to mention that this is my very first signing for C2C. I’ve been doing signings for awhile now, and am no longer a newbie. I’m not going to make any hasty or disparaging remarks about my experience with C2C, but I’m not having a very positive experience with them thus far.

1 Like

I’m sure you have done this, but I always put full explanation that you have just mentioned on your notes to Coast to Coast! Have you talked to the lender?? Sometimes the loan officer sends me the docs direct??

1 Like

It’s not worth the stress and aggravation. The email correspondence I received after sending three messages was narcissistic, bullying, and down right downing me. At this point they can keep the money they owe me and hopefully use it to buy a course on how to treat people.

3 Likes