Beware of C2C Signings Formally SoCal Signings

Absolutely , do not give it a 2nd thought

2 Likes

A slap in the face is very harsh analogy, if the 20 pages modification of 3 signatures and 1 notarization does not work for you , certainly ignore them.
C2C is making very little money, we get $55.00.
We are helping borrowers save their homes its a bit different than the refi or purchase sellers, and reverse signings, we have not lowered our prices on those.
But the Loss Mit space is different, There are life changing events in play here for these signers we are trying to help them.
But if it does not work for you, you can opt out. It is not intended to insult.
Everyone needs to create a business model that best fits their needs.
I would never insult anyone’s business model. If it fits it fits if it does not you just move on… that is ok

3 Likes

WOW, they paid $75-$100 for courier and would only pay $50-$75 for notary. I think I should switch my hat to courier instead. just sad :frowning:

2 Likes

keep in mind that if we have to hire a courier it is because its super special to the loan officer, and the loan officer is most likely paying… not escrow

Again, I’ve worked with C2C on hundreds of signings. I feel they pay good. I don’t know what city (planet?) all of the -“I must get $100 or I dont t walk out the door” you are in but $75 for a refinance -where I’m very familiar with the title company and the lender -imakes me happy. I’m staying busy and making money. I take what loan modifications I can since they are flexible and i work it around my other signings. I’ve never had a problem with payment, their staff is friendly, helpful and professional. I’m grateful for each and every signing Coast2Coast assigns me. Personally I would rather be working and making a profit then to sit home -all alone-with my pride. Sometimes I feel like these forums are another “Facebook” where people make callous and careless comments. I love my job and my customers know it

3 Likes

Do the math and you’re probably not making as much as you think you are…all things considered. This thinking is the problem and not the solution.

3 Likes

20 pages however this typically has to be printed with (3)three copies (60 pages) one for the borrower and two to go back to the lender. With some companies they even want you to scan back the documents before shipping. This Entails going back to your office scanning sending or more time remotely scanning and sending and then shipping. Time is money. People in offices that get paid a regular paycheck to clock in and clock out seem to lose sight of this. They get paid for every minute they’re working. Notary_Signing_Agents are mobile and independent and only get paid per Assignment no matter how much time is involved. Do the math how much time does it take you to Print documents, drive to the location, typically anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 minutes away; sign Two copies of the modification then going to scan and email if required and then finding a location to drop the documents depending on the time of day. If it’s after hours you have to go back to your office/home then go back out again the next day to drop documents. How much time has elapsed? Don’t forget to add all the additional fees that Notary_Signing_Agents have had to endure over the past 10 years as additional regulations have come between insurance, licensing, background screening etc. I typically receive between $65 -$85 for modifications.

1 Like

Jean,
C2C receives about 80-190 of these modification orders every work day, of these there is less than 5 percent ask for 2 fully executed copies.
We also do not require any scan backs. However when we first started with this product we did (October). But I felt this was not a good idea because the one issue with loan mods is if there is one error the whole package has to get resigned, so missing a stamp or date or signature is a full resign, so the scan back and ship was wasting the signing agents time.
These either work with someones business or they don’t.
There is so much more to the story of First American National Division and Wells Fargo, and I look at the big picture.
The big picture is more work, more products. First American is now agreed to integrate with our system outside of SnapDocs. This is big for everyone.
So if you don’t want to do this product just pass them by, don’t respond. Please don’t respond with unkind comments.
Just take the signings that work for you.

Lisa

Agree w/LindaH… $75 doesn’t cut it for a refi. Simple Loan Mod, yes, if close & no faxback. Refi–nope.

4 Likes

Keep in mind you can negotiate the fee. In Seattle, I have a toll bridge I have to cross so I ask for more to cover those costs. Generally, they agree and we are both happy. I have done over 50 with them over the years and they pay in good time. I do reccommend them.

2 Likes

I have not had any issues with fees or non payment. Lisa has been great to work with.

2 Likes

Just want to say, this is not Coast2Coast signings formly known as… we are Coast2Coast Signing A SoCal Signings Co Inc
we are a DBA our parent company is still SoCal Signings

good to know, I use my iPhone to deposit checks. Last month I had a company, Blue Ink Signings out of NM who actually paid me through Zelle, I was soooooo happy!!! Zelle rocks!!

3 Likes

that is so sad, I did tell you I would pay for your class to get your title producers license and I will do this.
I am sorry for my tardiness, its been an amazing Aug and July and I literally work many hours a day.
I will email you a check
so sorry for my negligence in giving you the gift I promised you

Lisa

2 Likes

the problem with Zelle is its one at a time, we pay almost 1000 checks a week… they need to automate so we can use Zelle.
and if anyone knows of a service like this that automates with Quickbooks enterprise let me know
Id much rather to that

Good Point, Lisa! I wonder if PP or Venmo has that capability!

there is a PP business, not yet set up this way… is maddening, because SD wants a lot of money per file, not per “check” or “ach”. its a real problem 2 weeks ago we had 13k of fraudulent checks go through the account… they just photoshop the checks to an amount and check number they want and deposit them.
We had to hire one person just to verify check transactions every single day.
if it were ach I dont think we would have this same issue.
:slight_smile:
I found Veem, but they are not set up for QB desktop only QB online, and my company file is too large for that.

Not impressed with C2C Signings at all. I had an assignment where the signers would not respond to my calls or texts for over a week. After 4 days and a couple of requests (by me) to confirm the contact info, the C2C rep sent me some nasty message that they would blacklist me if I didn’t keep attempting. I tried a few more times and asked again for them to verify the info. Then came the weekend and C2C rep says “keep trying through the weekend”. Suddenly, on day 12, the signer texts and asks if they can have someone in their office notarize the docs…AND C2C tells me to cancel the order within the hour.

C2C has no respect for your time. If I make 10-15 phone calls & texts, you’ve already used up $30 worth of my time. (for FREE)

When you do get one signed for them, they take FOREVER to send you your money.

I understand they’re busy, everyone’s busy. However, if you want people to jump through your hoops for your little $$$, you should pay in a timely fashion…NOT hold on to the money until you are forced to let it go.

There are plenty of signing companies who will pay you in a reasonable time frame.

2 Likes

What Signing Agency are you working for. I am also new at this and every time I accept they may assign to others and I have been receiving plenty from Coast 2 Coast, but they are always in the early morning and I am still working my day job and I always explain that I can do on the weekend and evenings and never get a response back. Until there is another assignment but it is still while I am at work they must remember they are 2 hours behind us.

1 Like

I have had good experiences with Lisa and C2C and one time I thought there was a non-payment, she went above and beyond and got a copy of the bank check sent 60 days before with my signature…I was wrong and thanked her for her diligence

2 Likes