Business is slow in va state

can anyone share why the business is very slow in va state as compared to last year

Thanks
Anoop

It is SLOW all over, Michigan has been very slow like dead

Same here in NC–very, very slow compared to last year at this time.

Very slow here in Tennessee too. It’s due to the recent rate increase. Seems that purchases are on the rise tho.

Slow here in WA, too. Friends in other forums say the same. New administration, changes in CFPB regs, rising interest rates… Mix of all most likely.

It’s very slow in Arizona too. If you look at the financial market the interest rate is on the rise. This happened back in 2005 before banks closed. Not saying it will get that bad, but just wanted to point out a possible cause.

Hi … I am in Tennessee as well.

1 Like

I am in Los Angeles, California, and it is almost dead for me. I contacted my main source and they told me it has been super slow but that it is picking up. Also L.A. is saturated with Notaries, so I have a lot of competition too. But I am one of their top ones, so maybe they will remember that when things pick up, hopefully soon.

Biggest reason is the Fed raising their rates. When that happens, refinance type of closing will drop in activity. When it happened around 4 years ago, I lost over 70% of my business. It still hasn’t fully recovered.

IT’S NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD HERE IN SO FLA

It’s still slow in Virginia – for 2018 and 2019 :frowning:

It could be RON creeping in on your business. I know that Notarize has signed many contracts with title companies, escrow offices and real estate firms. They’re probably doing the signings for them instead of hiring mobile notaries. Very sad.