Can you offer Guidance on “type” for signing offers?

Hello, I am new and yet to do my first signing. I was hoping someone of the more experienced notaries with Snapdocs could provide some insight in what companies are looking for when they state the assignment is a “Type” for example:

Type: Single Loan-Email Docs

I have looked for articles and can’t seem to find the information I am seeking. Please add other examples you have seen for others who are new.

Thank you

“Email docs” means the documents will be emailed to the notary. Typically there will be a mix of letter-size pages and legal-size pages. Ideally the notary will have a printer with two paper trays, one legal and one letter, and will pull the appropriate size for each page. The notary prints two sets of documents, one to execute and send back, the other to leave with the signer(s).

Common types are refinance loans, purchase [meet with the buyer(s)], seller [meet with the seller(s)], or meeting with both the buyer(s) and seller(s). Usually nowadays there will only be one mortgage on a property, but occasionally there will two mortgages on the same property; “single” is referring to the usual situation.

1 Like

Not with SnapDocs but can make an educated guess “Type” indicates a brief description of the assignment itself - what they expect to be done, in the case of your example, it’s a single loan delivered by email (e-docs).

Other types could be “POA signing”, “Refi”, “Purchase Loan”, "Seller Package"etc etc

Just my take on it. If you’re not familiar with these terms I might suggest some more training in the loan signing field to familiarize yourself with the various products out there. I’d suggest Notary2Pro - Carol Ray’s course.

And before you do all this, do research on the state of the market, which from all forums I’ve read is on a downhill turn - things are very very slow right now. Further, you don’t mention where you’re located - before investing any further funds, make sure you’re in a state that allows you to do loan signings.

Good luck

1 Like