Celtic Signings (Dennis McGrath)

Hi: I did some work for Dennis back in Dec 2017. I sent numerous emails, and phone calls, when I finally got a hold of Dennis. He told he will sent a check out on June 13, 2018. As of today, I have still have not received any payment. I just left another message on his cell phone. Also the other number that is posted, 856-424-9105 is out of service,.MMM

1 Like

I had a similar problem with him in addition to his poor attitude via written response. I took the job via Snapdocs so I posted my complaint with them and stated that I was going to report him to the BBB. He finally paid.

To every one involved doing business with celtic signings they pay 55 to 60 days out from time of signing the reason is when you send the docs back and from there by the time loan closes are few days then title company sends a check to signing company the signing company has to submit it to the bank clears it then they pay you signing company cannot issue a check to you without funds getting released because for some reason the loan is not funded then what ??? We all are in business because of these signing companies too

I did 1 job for this company and I have been trying to get paid every since. I did the signing late November, I called and spoke to Dennis and he said that he would get with the “accounting” department. I did not believe him. I don’t think that I will get paid and will not do any more work for this company.

I emailed Snapdocs about this issues, and I understand that they do not handle payment issues, but I think these shotty companies are getting on Snapdocs to get a job done and have no intentions on paying the notaries. In my email to Snapdocs, I wanted to make them aware that they should listen to our complaints about companies manipulating their system to get notaries to do the work and these companies have no intentions on paying. If more of us sent in complaint emails about the non-paying companies, then hopefully we can safeguard ourselves from being swindled.

I think we should also email and call title companies and closing attorney’s as well. Notifying the clients with enough complaints, can help to put these non-paying companies out of business, by making the title and attorney aware that they are not legit companies and they have no integrity.

I completed a signing for Celtic Signings on August 6th, 2018. I have invoiced CS on 7 different occasions and personally spoken with Dennis McGrath re: payment. It is now 2019!! and 170 days after my signing date, still no payment has been received! I would appreciate any input on a better option to enforce payment.

2 Likes

I remember I did a job for Dennis back in the spring and two months later I still was not paid despite numerous emails and calls. I then sent an email to the Dennis and to the title company and Dennis had the nerve to send me back a nasty email. When I corrected him professionally, he issued a check that then bounced. I then demanded him to pay me through Paypal and he refused to include the fee for the bounce check.

2 Likes

Good Afternoon,
I also have had difficulty receiving payment from Celtic Signings. This time it is for a signing I did back in May. I have invoiced numerous times, called left messages and even spoken to Dennis 2 months back when he assured me he would expedite payment. Today is 12/3 and not payment has been rec’d.
When I spoke to him I reminded him that this was a difficult signing. In fact, it was located in a questionable neighborhood and it had to be completed by midnight.
I dialed the telephone number that he gave for contact the 856.424.9105 and it is out of service. His number goes into VM which isn’t an issue I am sure he is busy because I receive alerts for new assignments, What is the issue is non payment.
We are closing to the end of the year and I want to receive payment for the job I did back in May.
Dennis if you are reading our blog I am sure you are aware of the work that goes into these assignments for the notary. It is only fair that we be compensated in the payment terms you yourself have set.

1 Like

I am 180 days plus. Still waiting for payment.

2 Likes

I have also not received payment for a signing I completed for him. I have tried calling, emailing, and also sending messages through the SNAPDOCS platform and no response! If no payment is received soon I am trying the letter to SOS.

1 Like

I never want to bash other people name but this company is a joke I have sent him 12 invoice he has not paid me 370 days . I call him he acts all professional and promises to pay you and doesn’t. Please people advise what are the course of actions we must take to get payment for unprofessional companies like this

2 Likes

My love what is SOS sorry don’t know

Secretary of State in your state… business complaint

If you are not getting paid for long time. When I do signing for signing company I will print the order paper write who was title company if 2 months have passed and I do not get paid and no response from signing company I call the title give them the reference number or property address ask them if the closing went thru if they say yes tell them I have not been paid if I do not get a check within a week then I’ll contact registrar of Deed for the county the property is in and the notarization stands null and void I had to do this once I got e check in 24 hours

3 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t think your notarization is voided out at all; and even if something IS done about your notarization of the deed (which I doubt happens since only you control that), it will not void the document that was recorded - the intent of the document is clear and will remain a matter of record.

I’d suggest continuing what you do in pursuing both signing service and title/escrow; next step higher would be to either report title to their state’s regulatory body or file a claim in small claims court.

I am in the same boat as you. The same gentleman hired me to do a signing for him and that was in May. I still have yet to be paid. I reached out to him and he has very rude and said that I would get paid in a month. Well a month has turned into 6 months. I would warn anyone else that receives a call from this company or rather this man not to do business with him or his company. He is utterly rude and essentially will not pay you. This is the first time in 9 years of being a notary that I have run into something like this. Don’t accept any jobs from him or this company.

1 Like

The number you listed for the office is no longer in service. Is this an Easter egg hunt or what? I have worked harder trying to get paid than getting paid for the work that I did for your company. Just pay me what you owe and stop trying to dignify the self worthiness of the company. As you can see everyone on here has had issues with your company, so please stop responding to us like we are idiots. The man has no work ethic nor does he have a bone of honesty in him. Just pay us and you won’t have to see all the postings saying that we have not been paid. It should not have to even be this hard, honor your words and your contract

1 Like

I’m waiting on payment as well.

1 Like

Im been waiting for payment since July no response as well and the number isn’t working

I have sent him 98 invoices and called him. Everytime, he says he has the wrong Email. My Email is on Snapdocs. That’s where he hired me. Nobody else is getting it wrong. If you’re such great friends with him, can you please ask him to pay me?

It’s not deenicci’s job to get you paid. Threaten small claims court. It worked for me.