Closing Group and Notarize 24/7

They offer to pay minimum wage for $300+ Signings. Very unpleasant people to work with.

What companies would you recommend?

Thank you. Looks like I’m starting to see more companies up their fees to minimum of $100. So I think turning down cheap deals is working. In fact, I have a signing today. I asked how many pages but he didn’t know. After downloading them its over 150 pages with a 100 fee. I’ll be calling to negotiate fee to $125. If not, I’ll be turning down signing.

2 Likes

Notarize 24/7 isn’t that bad. But, they’re fees aren’t good either.

Where? I’ve never heard of that.

Charlotte is in Texas and she has to factor in the cost of getting an office at an attorney’s office or a title company to close those; $200 for a Heloc isn’t the norm in other states (from my experience)

1 Like

Tell them that’s fine I’m going to bill the lender and the title company now.

2 Likes

I have had the same experience. It’s been almost 30 days since I did a last minute closing (got the docs 3 hours before the appointment).

I am having the same trouble, I am waiting on payment for closing I did two months ago. Maybe if we ban together and give them bad reviews they will start paying on time. They dont even respond to my emails. Next I will send them a certified letter from my attorney.

HI Ken,

I am having trouble finding a way to contact Safe Signings & Universal Notary. UN I just found a client contact info. It’s just a log in page and the contact doesn’t work button. Crossing my fingers you or some one has the direct information. Greatly appreciative :slight_smile:

I went to every single Title and Escrow company here in St louis and my small town. Nothing. Most have in house or they let the client hire the Notary. But been getting at least a few a week through Snapdocs which is OKAY. I prefer direct. I just moved here from L.A. too. Thinking it would be just as good. I’m going to reach out to your three you mentioned. Financially I need direct work. We all do! :slight_smile: But I take Snapdocs for now too.

closing grp will pay you 60 days they get aid 30 days and then they release the money 30 days later that is the reason I stopped doing their signings

1 Like

24/7 is slack about paying you. Why cant they just pay us when they cash out-sheeesh, the greed is intolerable.

Doing a cost analysis of it costs to work as IC will defiantly give you a better idea what is fair to charge as a fee. These companies don’t care about us and some are even clueless about what we know. The money they collect from Title companies is listed right on CD. I let them know about it and they still try and tell me the fee I’m being offered is the highest the title company approved. :lying_face: Then find another notary to do it for this ridiculous low fee.

I do not go out the door for under $100 regardless of page count and distance. Longer distances my fees go up to $250. Payment 60 days is unacceptable. Won’t work for those companies. I know my worth and hold out for fair pay. I make a pretty good living as a Mobile Notary but work smarter not harder. I also go out of my way to provide acceptable service and have happy clients. Remember to include costs for PPE and other safety materials in your fees.

Have you ever been successful at doing this?

I asked them when I could expect payment and they said 45 days. I called around the 45th day and they said that batch of checks is going out “today”. Lol. That was over a week ago.

Always remember to make an important distinction when asking about payment turnaround time:
“Is that 45 Calendar days? Or, 45 Business days?”

When one does the math, it reveals there is a much longer turnaround time for payment with the Business days counting ‘method’ . . .

======
NOTE: Industry standard is to be paid within a few days or up to 2-3 weeks of the successfully completed Signing Order; contingent upon whether working Direct or with a Signing Service.

Longer than that is simply not in your best interest as a business owner as your invoices for gasoline, turnpike fees, required supplies, etc. are usually due within 25 calendar days.

1 Like

I no longer even answer the phone for Notarize24/7. Please note that Notaries 24/7 is a different company. They do not pay unless you hound them and then maybe you might get paid. They always call last minute and dont give docs till the last minute and the packages are always huge.

When they say 45 days, that means it’s when they start thinking about entering you into the check batch. By the time they cut the checks, having them sitting on someone’s desk for a week until they’re signed, and with the snail-like pace of the USPS these days, you can easily count on 60+ days to get paid. That said, I used to do jobs for Notarize 24-7 until I found that they wouldn’t budge beyond $85 for a refi with full faxbacks. It’s just not worth waiting 2 months to get paid for that amount of money. When they called I would tell them not to offer me jobs for less than $100. That didn’t dissuade them. They kept calling with $85 offers, so finally, I had to block their phone number.

1 Like