Coast to Coast Signings- learning

Kasey,
I was wondering if you could answer me something since you seem to be very active on this post. This week was a real mess. Four no-signs. One was that the term was wrong, one was that the LO did not satisfy the borrower’s questions, one was that the borrower did not have valid ID and one just didn’t show up at his own house and I had to have his son find him only to tell me that he wasn’t coming.

For each one of those, I did the work and made it to the appointment and for all but one, went inside and sat with the borrower. Yet my fee was cut in half for all of them. I know we sign an agreement, but it’s not really real until you are sitting in someone’s driveway thinking WTF? How do you just not show up? So the question is, why are the Signing Agents the ones penalized for the LO or the Signer not fulfilling their side? Thanks for your insight.

1 Like

C2C for the most part has been a good company. My concern is that they don’t communicate well. I just did a signing in Lancaster PA which is almost 2 hours from home. The pay offer was spot on so I agreed at 430 pm for a 730 pm signing. By 5 pm the documents arrived giving me less than an hour and a half to print, review and leave for the signing. The documents both sets printed poorly, there was another notaries name on the documents, and C2C told me to do the best with what I had. Even though I noted on the snap docs file the problems I had no one addressed them until I received a call about problems. My forgetting a signature was easily fixed. The page breaks and multiple form misprints was going to require reprint and resigning. In the email between the company the bulk of the letter was about my mistakes and anger. That person neglected to sight for the company the number of times I documented problems. To date no one has addressed the remarks on the snap docs site. Be careful when taking a late signing ask for the facts especially when the signing is being rushed.

Please see beware post in reference to C2C under experiences

Please do not say that about my boss, she is more than fair and if you took time to talk to her and write and email or even call she will make sure you are taken care of and that whatever issue you have is resolved to the best of her ability within 24 hr. I also have the ability to help you with your concerns, just talk to us personally before you bash people in the open and discourage new notaries and old alike.

Did I answer your question? I am not sure it posted but you can contact me direct also kasey.kyle@c2csignings.com 215-693-3430

I checked and you have been paid on time Net30 as we pay all our notaries, please contact us if you have pay issues or any other issues. kasey.kyle@c2csignings.com I will help you or point you in the right direction, but please do not say we do not pay on time.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your experience. However, for example if a person clicks on a $75 Refinance and accepts without knowing what there getting, then I guess it will be up to the NSA to take it or leave it.
I believe in always having a back up plan as a business owner. If I would have gotten a surprise whopping 300 page Refinance with 4 signers wanting 2 sets of copies and scan back plus I got docs very late, it would’ve went something like this:
1 set of docs printed only
No Scan backs period
As a business owner I have to be WAY ahead of people when they are trying to take advantage of me. But to be honest, as a newby I would NEVER do a signing like that for $75. My cost for 2 sets of documents are .30cents and at 600 pages that alone is $180 bucks. To scan back is .30cents $90. So if I only print 1 set of docs that’s $90. I’m in the negative by -$15. And I haven’t even left the house yet. By the time NotaryGadget calculates all the time, mileage, gas, notarial acts, etc., I would be looking like Boo Boo the Fool. Not gonna happen. It is a very depressing feeling to look and see those expenses come out of the $150 I charged for a signing and to see how much I actually made. It would be even worse if I took a $75 assignment and it showed a negative was made which has not happened yet because I know how to do business and I don’t sell myself short. Be blessed.

1 Like

Thank you for providing your insight. But in retrospect, I have learned 2 things BUT it’s not about my experience as a new agent. I have learned not to post mistakes that have helped me to learn, thrive and teach others the pitfalls of this business. Since this posting, I have heard so many self-righteous, “never me”, could have, would have, and should have. THE POINT I HAVE LEARNED IS MUCH MORE OBVIOUS- if you sense any agitation it’s from reading a post that would have been helpful prior to my experience-Be Blessed.

We all make mistakes, nobody is perfect. But there is also common sense and constructive criticisms. Everyone is here to give their input and it’s not about being self-righteous. You learned and I have learned. I know I’ve made mistakes. I posted My mistake that I made on this post too a while back and learned from people who gave their input. The point is too not be discouraged. Everyone who posted something about your post has had a similar experience that’s why they can give you insight and their opinion. I hate to see anyone taken advantage of and I believe all the NSA’s feel the same. So keep your head up and keep moving. Don’t be discouraged. Be blessed.

1 Like

Thank you for that information. I really wish the NSA community would rally together and establish minimum fee standards. I think $75 is too low for ANY scan back transaction. And, late docs (meaning less than 3hrs prior to closing) should be a minimum +$50 because they can bring a slew of issues; such as, stress, little to no time for prep, could delay other appointments, and/or cause you to turn away same day business. Now, we all learn to push through these circumstances with a smile and provide our best level of service to the signers, that’s a given. My point is that there’s no recourse in place that considers how these and other things impact us personally and professionally.

Excellent idea. I think I’ll try adding that to my negotiations. $50 more for docs within 3 hours.

I’m with you. Let’s do it!

I agree this is a great idea.

Understood. Thank you, because of the breakdown you provided this information will help new notaries before they make the same mistake. I am now close to my 100th signing since Feb and have learned a lot of information that I share with new notaries. While I still have a lot to learn myself I have a clear understanding of my business model and profit margins. I am only urging other experienced notaries to use their knowledge in a proactive forum so we can truly advance this profession.

Stay Blessed.

I’m proud of you getting close to your 100th Signing. :star_struck: I’m new since June and only have 12 signings under my belt. It’s been slow for me here in Texas. But I’m patient and praying and waiting and I keep marketing myself. Like my Mom reminded me Rome was not built in a day. Thank you for inspiring me. Stay strong and Stay safe and stay blessed.:pray:t6:

I am in New Jersey which was slow a few months ago as well. It began to really pick up in June and has been non-stop. But I understand this business is cyclical and you must have other strategies under your belt to keep growing. Mistakes still happen but I continue to use that as fuel. Many of these signing companies also make profit their priority so I have to do the same.

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for your post.
I have just completed 5 assignments with C2C and am unsure of how I get paid.
I did try calling the number listed for C2C but the mailbox was “full”.
I did send an email to Accounting@NotaryDash.com. One reply. They asked for my Order #'s which I sent. But, have not heard back since.
Any insight will be helpful.
Thank you, Dee

They pay 30 days. Never had a problem with them.

1 Like

That was an inspiring and balanced reply.

Im sorry you had a bad experience. I do some jobs with C2C but I would never accept anything now below $150. You fell into their lowball trap and I bet they did not inform you the # of signers or pages. That job would had been $250 for my counter offer. When I first started out, my first signing was $90 and 5 signers and took 3 hours. Never again! Please do not short-change yourself. You can always negotiate higher. Good luck.