Coast to Coast Signings- learning

I constantly get $75 requests from them with FULL faxbacks. AND print TWO packages. NFW.
Noraries, STOP taking these rip off jobs!!! If EVERYONE sends feedback requesting $125, they WILL pay us $125. Just STOP!!! thank you!!!

6 Likes

Lisa is such a good citizen. I know that for sure since I have also dealt with her and have come to the same conclusion that many of the Reply Posts have concluded. All should read her reviews on N/R.

2 Likes

Our time, fuel, paper, and toner along with our signatures are worth more than $75 ma’am. Make it make sense.

As a New Notary you are not as assertive with these companies as you can be. when you catch the descrepancy call them immediately and renegotiate! At that point to turn back the job would hurt them more than you! I find any package over 150 pages to be excessive and ask for an additional fee. Remember if the package is 150 pages you will be doubling that with a copy for the borrower to keep.
You may still want to contact them and talk to the top person. Squeaky wheel gets the oil. 'Also NNA has a fee schedule that they like Notaries to follow. You can get kicked around in the beginning learning the ropes.
I also find many of the signing companies have “schedulers” some are prepped to entice you and prey on your sympathy. Don’t fall for it. Some will not disclose valid points of the job. You will learn what questions to Ask them before committing. Good luck, but try to renegotiate with them now.

1 Like

I just talked with Lisa directly to discuss my concerns around the signing. Lisa was very open and understanding of my concerns- in my opinion, this demonstrated Lisa’s commitment to her company and the notaries that continue to work for her.

Lisa increased my fee and stated that she has an open door policy for any situations or concerns like this in the future.

I truly appreciate this gesture and wanted to make sure it was acknowledged on this forum.

2 Likes

I spoke with Lisa directly- I can say I agree with you.

1 Like

I just talked with Lisa directly to discuss my concerns around the signing. Lisa was very open and understanding of my concerns- in my opinion, this demonstrated Lisa’s commitment to her company and the notaries that continue to work for her.

Lisa increased my fee and stated that she has an open door policy for any situations or concerns like this in the future.

I truly appreciate this gesture and wanted to make sure it was acknowledged on this forum.

1 Like

They lowball but I always counter offer. When the order comes over it will say scan backs
Also I ALWAYS check on documents the day before to get status on docs. Then if I don’t get them the night before I call or message that morning, during the day etc. communication is key.
I tell them I need documents by an exact time and that if I don’t have them by then it has to be rescheduled.
I do about 8 signings a day so it’s crucial my docs are on time but you have to be the squeaky wheel sometimes
You need to read the confirmation too because you will see information there that you should have seen on the order. Now sometimes if there are more than 2 people you may not see the 2 additional people but look carefully
For a refinance never take less than $125 period
Doesn’t matter where your market is
When you take out taxes, expenses, gas, time you basically make nothing on $75
It’s better to refuse it if they won’t increase the fee because you basically end up in the negative
You can message me if you want privately
Been doing this for 29 years and was a mortgage underwriter for 16 years
I can tell you a few important things that you MUST do to be successful
And REMEMBER once you accept that fee they will expect that in the future and won’t increase
It’s a business. Know your value and run it like a business because it is. Aloha from Maui Hawaii

5 Likes

I could not agree more with all, with all the respect to C2C.
I received a request stating Escrow Docs only few pages for $50. I accepted it and was assigned for an ASAP at 4:50PM, then I noticed that I received a full signing docs so I contacted them to confirm if they only need Escrow or full loan docs also. Hanna responded only Escrow Docs was received by escrow. So I asked for clarification what ned to be signed, they changed it to loan Docs only. I also called Susan to confirm and she confirmed only loan docs. at 8:10 PM Maria Ruff sent a message letting me know that the now need full docs and escrow and it is $75. Now I am dealing with many different peoples and everyone telling me a different story. All docs are 175 pages. and signing scheduled for 9:30 PM. At 8:47 I asked for a confirmation and no response until 9:23 by Nichole.

At this time I felt that no one knows what is happening, and I will get caught in the middle as it happened with them before.

I used to do many orders for them, they always pay me on time, however, I hope that Lisa can help us and work with us by having her team be more responsive.

I also had other signing companies that pays me $100 each for the same lender and escrow company so, I respect how they run there business but can Lisa explain how other companies can pay more?

I will still help them when I am available, Just did not like it when Hanna told me " good for you " when I explained that I am getting paid more for the same Lender and Escrow signing from other signing companies.

I hope they really work with us, we have to be a team and get each other back, Hanna we are not your enemy.

Thanks

3 Likes

Hi, Can you please send me your number so I can reach out. I would like to get your experience

Thanks

Email me first at cmosolutions@mac.con :slightly_smiling_face:

Why would you accept any signing for $75
when you do that you set a precidence. If your a professional notary, you earn that $150 fee. If there’s more than 2 signers, you ask for more. If there are more than a normal package size you ask for more. If you travel further than normal you ask for more. If there are fax backs you ask for more. If they won’t pay you what your worth, then don’t take the job.
Your worth it!

4 Likes

Manika,
The state limits your fee’s to $15 per signature. But your a mobile notary, you have expenses and your entitled to get paid for your time. Southern CA is dead??? No, your mistaken. Title companies pay $150 to $250 for a signing, it’s going to a signing company, you need to negotiate.

I know exactly what the title company pays. It’s the signing agencies here are taking at least 50%. Lisa from C2C had the audacity to get on this forum to justify paying a notary $75 for a refinance package with 4 signers and scan backs. My last conversation with C2C resulted in me telling them never to call me again. I will not work for anyone who refuses negotiate fairly.

1 Like

Dead? Surely not in San Diego County. I’m turning down 10 - 15 signings as I only do a certain amount of them a day.

We were discussing pay and working with signing companies. The work is there, it just depends on what your time is worth to you. If the pay is fair in San Diego, that’s great. It’s not the case here in the San Bernardino Area. I moved here from another state. There is a huge difference in the amounts offered here from the same companies that I did signings for in a different area.

Hi there, I am not sure why you flag docs to sign but that is your choice as I am sure it helps you not miss something. the number of pages in a loan package varies and I don’t think a signing company can know how many pagers are in a file as they are sent by the lender or escrow company. I don’t like last minute appointments either but there are certain things that come with the territory. And honestly, if you need to flag your pages, you probably shouldn’t take last minute appointments so you aren’t caused the stress it seems to have caused you. Regarding the fee, that is up to you to accept or not accept. For me, and only me, I would rather be out making $75 than at home while I could be working making nothing :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s just it - the flawed thinking - if you’re out doing a signing (first key word “out” - you traveled) - for $75, you’re not making $75 by the time you deduct your expenses of the signing along with your time and travel. In some instances you’re probably ending up making less than minimum wage and, in other instances, may end up deep in the red - dependant on circumstances.

But you do what you want. $75 for a loan package is an insult and is not conducive to making a profit.

6 Likes

thank you, I appreciate this good feedback, we do have a big team 35 people
 and always training. By the way we try to hire signing agents so they can answer questions responsively, not all are however

Hanna is QC manager, so she spends all day getting items redone, imagine doing 300-800 signings a day, and keeping up with that, her team does a great job.
Please remember that we know other companies might pay more, our average fee that our clients pay us is $125, Mods $55.
Sorry to say, our clients mostly bundle fees, so we don’t get big fees.
(your comment about being paid more for same lender/escrow) I would suspect, maybe same lender or same escrow
 does not mean its the same escrow officer.
Example
First American
Stewart Title
both have different divisions, meaning National, retail. ect
so one part of an office pays one price and across the office a different fee.
Please know, we try to be fair, SnapDocs cost us money, we have insurance (health insurance) for our employees.

I also want to say, i am a signing agent and have been for 23 years, I started this business as a signing agent, and my motto is " build the partnership, the money will follow" it really is true.
I try to build partnerships with signing agents, I try to be fair.
if you feel you need more just ask for more. If we can we will agree.

Lisa

4 Likes

Please please tell me how you manage 8 signings per day. I go crazy with 3. I still prep the docs with a highlighter and prefill whatever I can so as to minimize time at the signer’s.

Also, do you keep up with the Notarization book? I feel like that adds like 30% to the time it takes to prep and at least 15 minutes to the actual signing. Any advice on how to speed that up?