Coronavirius concerns

Department of Treasury

Settlement services have been deemed essential services, see the memo from Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.

1 Like

This pretty much spells it our for California. But ultimately is is up to you and whether or not you feel comfortable working with people. I personally donā€™t want to risk it. Especially while title/escrow officers are locking their doors and not allowing clients to come into their offices. Good luck and stay safe.

1 Like

No, I understand.

Thankfully, with the massive military presence here (Joint Base LewisMcChord, Bremerton Naval Base, Whidbey Naval Air Station, Everett Naval Base) our civilian medical complexes are bolstered by federal supplies, because they are often contracted to provide medical services to military personnel.

I donā€™t feel guilty for having and using gloves.

1 Like

Yes we are essential, working on financial system, if you go to NNA, you will find a letter, clarifying this.

1 Like

Hello fellow Washingtonian. I understand all the precautions but Iā€™m 70 and want to see 71 in September. It is personal choice and my 3 adult children have chewed enough on me I gave in to government orders for 65+ people should stay home. There is essential workers and then there is common sense and personal choice. Judi saw your request for information on how to file a lien and posted information on this website. Also you may visit WA State L&I website and they have a form you can complete. Donā€™t forget to send via certified mail signed receipt. Stay save fellow Notary.

1 Like

One last comment ~ I may be 70 but look in my mid 50ā€™s and have tons of energy. Going stir crazy and canā€™t wait to get back into the game. Another Notary in my neighborhood who is in his mid 60ā€™s had decided to step back from signings also for a while. Will see how the curve goes. :mask:

Yes, I am concerned like you. How can we not be. But here is the memorandum I just received today from Governor Insleeā€™s office (Washington state) that reiterates the essential need for signing agents and notaries to continue doing their jobs if possible:

ā€¦ā€œFor homeowners in distress related to the COVID-19 event, it is important that they have the option to sell their home or pursue a refinance or residential mortgage loan modificationā€¦ā€

I printed these ā€œEssential Critical Infrastructure Workersā€ docs and kept them in my Notary Bag in case I get pulled over!

1 Like

Hi Carmen ~ I have seen this Memo and itā€™s on Notary Website State of WA. Still not leaving home at 70 years old. Personal choice.

2 Likes

Hi Alice, of course, of course. As must everyone, you must ultimately do what is best for you. I support you 100%. I posted the memo for all ā€“ not directed specifically at you as an attempt to convince to do anything you do not feel comfortable/safe doing. Stay well. ~Carmen

Stay well:) Prayers for all!

:mask: Thank you for your kind response.

I see you are very active so please you also stay well :mask:

I decided after they announced that the next 2 weeks could be critical and an up tick in deaths. I dont want to be part of those stats so I will stay in for the next 2 weeks. Is it worth the fees we get paid to risk myself and family. Maybe it time the Title co step up and consider our risk and pay more. But I will die of old age before that happens

I too have decided to take a break until at least May 1, and possibly longer, depending on what state our country is in at that time. I took my last Signing on March 26th, and made the very difficult decision not to take anymore. I must have had 30 offers on Thursday and Friday (being the end of the month of course), but turned them all down. Itā€™s Wednesday, and I too am going stir crazy. Working defines me. But Iā€™m also over 65 and have COPD, so not only do I want to protect myself, I want to do my part in flattening the curve. Every one of us must evaluate our own personal circumstances and act accordingly. There is no right or wrong decision on whether to continue working or not.

1 Like

Floridaā€™s Gov. DeSantis has just issued a state-wide Stay-At-Home order for the next 30 days -

WA State Board of Realtors have issued similar closures due to high risk. Notaries are the bottom feeders and feel like Notary Contracting entities are throwing us out like bait so they can keep Title, Lenders, Escrow, etc. happy to make money no matter the risk. Iā€™m all for helping people but must weigh the risks.

1 Like

This order conflicts with WA Board of Realtors and distance during signings. Right and left hands are not communicating.

Take care of yourself Linda. In your situation, very wise move to stop for a while.

What you said and then someā€¦:mask:: Take care!