Courier & Notary Service LLC

This is a warning to ALL notaries that this company likes to pick and choose when they will and when they will NOT pay. Over the last 8.5 years I have done many signings for them. I would estimate I got paid for most. But every year there are 1 or 2 signings that I just can’t get them to pay me for. Nothing went wrong during or after the signing, No complaints from the signers or the Escrow/Title companies. Courier & Notary Services simply decides they don’t want to pay you for this job, or that job. So just be WARNED! If you don’t need an extra headache, or if you really need to be paid for some reason, DON’T risk working for Courier & Notary Services!

8 Likes

Unfortunately, I’ve had the same experience. He’s pad (very late) in the past. I was suckered into another signing & am awaiting payment, after 3 emails, 2 phone calls, nothing. Don’t sign with Manny Eldo/ Courier & Notary Service.

2 Likes

I experienced the same treatment after 1 signing, but I got paid. Just send an email to the escrow company that hired him with him on the cc or to line and let them know. SnapDocs tells you who it is but you have to Google the company to get a good email. Once the escrow company found out they sent him an email with me on the cc line to let them know when he issued my payment. I use that tactic for all companies that are slow payers and it works every time.

7 Likes

Thank you! I love the tactic! Nobody wants the people that pay THEM, to find out they are not paying the people who actually did the work.

1 Like

Me too! He is now also iclose escrow. His brother is an Escrow officer so watch out for the same last name. I have several i cannot collect for, so frustrating, run out last minute, sometimes late at night to do them a favor and they do not pay!

My 1st job with him this year was on 06/19/2020. I got paid on 08/13/2020. My 2nd job with him was on 07/19/2020. It’s already October 2020 and I’m still waiting to get paid. Never again!!

It’s 10/5/2020 and I just got paid by Courier & Notary Service LLC for my 7/19/2020 job. I just asked via SnapDocs and I received the check the following day. Like wow! Of course, it’s like almost 2.5 months late, but hey I got paid!

2 Likes

I was called 8 days after a signing via C&N, and they accused me of failing to return a Grant Deed. I checked my journal–no notarization done for this document which means I did not receive it. Of course I could not prove it due to deleting all of the files I downloaded to print, of which there were 6! One was a re–print of the re-fi package within an hour of the signing because the signer found a mistake, 2 were “reports”, one was the Fed Ex label and one was called “batch”. The guy tat C & N old me several emails later that I missed one of the “batch files”. I can still see the names of the files on the order on Signing Order. I asked him politely to prove that I missed it. My pay was reduced to $25 on a $95 order for 3 signers and about 25 notarizations. I know I did not miss anything.

Meanwhile, I haven’t been paid for all 3 of my September signings. Can anyone tell me what their payment terms are? I can’t find them anywhere. I usually write them down but I guess I blew it this time.

I am thinking about reaching out to the Title Co. and asking about it, but maybe I did somehow mess up and missed it. I seriously doubt it. It’s been stressful nonetheless. Any thoughts?

I’m sorry, I don’t have a good answer for you. I can tell you that I save a complete copy of the documents sent to me (whenever possible) for a minimum of 2 weeks. That way when they accuse me of missing something, I can prove them wrong. It has come in handy more than once. Obviously the vast majority of the time I never need them, but I have developed the habit so it is not difficult for me. And as I said, it has proved to be very helpful! My personal belief (and I have no proof of this) is that when THEY loose or destroy something, they blame the notary first by claiming that we didn’t send it back. That way they save themselves the embarrassment of admitting they made a boo boo, they get us to go get another one, and they get to reduce what they have to pay us. They win all the way around, and WE loose the extra time AND money.

3 Likes

Thank you! So…the signing companies say not to save docs. to our computer. It is an ethical dilemma for me, but I do have an external hard drive…

I did receive several conflicting and cryptic emails during this exchange which indicated to me that your theory is spot on. I’m hoping I get paid, but I know I will never take an assignment from them again.

THANK YOU for this. I followed your method and get a check exactly 10min later. it was over 35 days late.

Thank you for this information. i too had the misfortune dealing with them. Worst signing company ever.

Also it appears that it’s imperative to scan all “signed” docs to your computer or flash drive too since Signing Services are professional liars, schemers and robbers and will find ways not to pay notaries or deduct from your fee. You have to be ahead of the EVIL.

Just proves our decision Never do a SC. Title companies ONLY. Thanks Arichter.

Good evening everyone,

I am having the same problem, which is why I am looking them up. I have done 5 signings for them since October and I am still waiting on payment for all of them. I already sent them an invoice last month asking for payment and did not receive a response to my email. I am still new at all this invoice and billing game so It’s a little frustrating to see that companies are not trying to pay us as contractors. I will be emailing escrow and copying them in the email. I am also putting them on my blacklist.

hi!

did you ever receive payment? i am still waiting on payment for orders from june/july 2020