Debt resolution presentation through snap docs

I am a new notary and was wondering if anyone can tell me if any job through snap docs is legit as far as being safe to bc I ve been reading on here that debt resolution were no good.

Furthermore do you need to do an acknowledgment as well. Please help!

Haven’t done these since they started having you read a script in which you lie and tell them you represent the co. or are a paralegal. Many experienced people just stopped doing these at that point because the reason they want you to state that is to ‘get around’ the law that requires a ‘face-to-face’ presentation by a company employee. I’m not comfortable with that! They are mostly terrible deals and desperate people and I didn’t want to be ‘the only face they saw’. There ‘used to be’ one notarized doc in the pkg. Don’t know if this is still true. I just don’t want to meet the signer anywhere again a few years down the road when they’re in worse financial shape then before.

I understand it prob not a very pleasant time or something that they really want to do. Thanks for responding but one more question if you know the answer … anything through snap docs is usually verified by them meaning it’s official and not some scam right?

In one word: Wrong. SnapDocs is just a platform that anyone willing to pay for can use. What SD ‘verifies’ is the Notary’s info. If you’re OK with saying you represent them and are happy with the fee, you may have found yourself a niche. Go for it! Also sign up with Sunshine Signing Svcs as they have a lot of these @ $50.

1 Like

SnapDocs is ligit, but they are technology, they are not a signing company or title.
Title Co and Signing companies use their technology to place orders.
you need to know what company is offering you the product type and how much is being paid, and what they need.
Get to know the client, or you wont know if you were paid or how to do the job.