Debt Resolution

It is illegal in most states , to be a notary and then also represent the company as its agent.
I am newbee at this, I have Debt resolution signing today and on the presentation it says that I am a representative of such co.
Anyone knows what is the right way to do this.

Thanks,

Yes, just say no next time. They ā€˜useā€™ us to get around the necessity of a ā€˜face-to-faceā€™ meeting. Althoā€™ Iā€™ve never heard of anything bad happening to a notary who accepted an assignment like this, many of us just arenā€™t comfortable with being used like this. (And these signings are almost always a bad deal for the signerā€¦that youā€™ve put your face on.)

1 Like

Yes most Documents states that you are not a Attorney I do those Signings alot :blush:

Unless you have the ability to make decisions on behalf of the company, you are not a ā€œrepresentativeā€ - you are merely a ā€œcontractorā€.

1 Like

I never do these. Once I got one when I thought it was something else. Maybe they didnā€™t describe it accurately on the phone, maybe I heard them wrong. Whatever. I called back and told them I donā€™t do debt resolutions, ever.

1 Like

I thank everybody for their comments about debt resolution! I will steer clear of those.

Good move. I also stay away from these kind of assignments. I felt so sorry for the signers after my first (and last) signing; they were desperate for relief ā€¦ including the outrageous lies fed to them. I wanted to take a shower afterwards to wash off the scuzz I felt for being a party of this scam. :fearful:

I used to do a few here and there if they were close by. I simply struck out the words ā€œrepresentativeā€ and initialed and wrote in Notary Public. I still get tons of offers for them however I donā€™t bother with them anymore. They donā€™t pay well and quite frankly theyā€™re kind of sketchy.

I feel the same way John! They are not telling the full story and leading them to believe false promises! Also being extremely pushy if client refuses to sign.

your liability on these signings is HUGEā€¦just say no.

You do a lot? Havent you figured out the scam or that, you just dont care?