Debt Settlement Contract?

Be warned. I did two of these that did not sign and both settlement companies refused to pay me. For one of them, I had to go back twice when they had additional papers to get signed.

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you all for your responses. I think I will stay away from debt settlement contracts!

2 Likes

Good morning Annmarie! I’d love to help answer any questions you may have concerning notary services. Please feel free to contact me, Lisa Bitner, at Coast 2 Coast Signings. We’re always here to answer questions or help notaries in any way we can. You can contact us at (909) 917-4586 or through our website at http://www.coast2coastsignings.com. Thanks! Hope you have a wonderful day!

3 Likes

I don’t like them and won’t get involved. I always turn them down. Low fees anyway. Not worth my time and I can sleep at night

2 Likes

It is less than 50 pages normally, and only 1 to 2 notarizations required.

1 Like

Lisa, you are such an Angel. Thanks for always being helpful!!! I love Coast to Coast.

2 Likes

There is about 30 pages and normally there is only one page to notarization needed.

2 Likes

I have been doing these for sometime now. Typically, if they are near by I charge a minimum of $50.00. Recently, I just received a check for $125.00. It was a hour and half drive and the company just could not get a notary for the time the signer wanted. They are very simple.

3 Likes

I try to stay away from these

Am I the only one who hates going to their homes on these? Maybe the only deals I didn’t feel safe. Whatever the case I never found enough money in them.
Btw, I always liked Sunshine Signings& Coast2Coast. Paid what I agreed to and ALWAYS on time.

2 Likes

Lisa is a fine, upstanding citizen, so her help should be tremendous! Oops, check out her ratings on N/R first.

1 Like

So, against all of your advice, and my better judgment, I did one of these last night. It was my first and LAST!! The signer could not have been nicer but, the whole thing rubbed me wrong. First, there should not be a presentation for the notary to do. Second, wanting scanbacks 2 hours after signing is ridiculous especially given Bay Area traffic and, it was an after hours signing so why not instruct packet to be scanned or fax in the morning? It didn’t help that my fax/scanner/printer went down while trying to scan 55 pages. At any rate, with traffic, and the technical snafu, I have 8 hours involved total for a $50 job that should have only taken 90 minutes.

The scanner going down is part of doing business but I thought the ridiculousness of the instructions not to mention the presentation was overboard and while there was only one notarization needed, there were 14 signatures and 6 places for initials. As I am doing this as a side gig, after last night, I am sticking to general notary work so there aren’t any packages to print, scan, etc. and, thanks to Square, I get paid on the spot instead of 30 - 45 days later.

4 Likes

Dont do it…just don’t They are giving bad advice and aren’t really helping the clients. For the pay it is truly not worth it. I did it once and won’t ever do again. I have been in the business for 28 years and it is the worst thing I have ever seen. :frowning:

4 Likes

Agreed. I want to like them but I don’t. I like the company I get them from but I just don’t see the financial benefit from them. I did them in the beginning but only to get signing experience. I feel the same way about I-9’s. Unless they are 3 doors down from me I see no financial value? Thank you for the reminder.

1 Like

75 buck and fax backs our like 3 files. Easy peasy

I have done several of the debt resolution signings. Before I get started I present myself as a notary that will ensure all documents are signed accurately and that is my main purpose. I state that I am not employed by the company and state that I have no knowledge of the agreement or arrangements between the signer and the client. I conclude that I have been requested to read the following script by whomever (I literally name their contact person) and ask if that is their contact and if they have their phone number for any questions they have. Whether the program benefits a signer I do not know their situation and assume they have gotten advice or aware of what they are doing. I have had people say they thought about and changed their mind. On the other hand, after doing several of these I now realize the fee is low and have not done as many as I have in the past.

4 Likes

Don’t do it!!! I went to 1 and that was is
Never again.
Read one of the documents sometime and see why.
I don’t want to be involved with those ever again.
It’s not worth the little amount they pay you

What do you mean by getting paid with square?

2 Likes

Phone app used to scan debit or credit cards for payment.

From what I have gathered, Square is a device where you can swipe cards. It must go directly to your account. My niece has one, she likes it, but i met a man at a restaurant who had to swipe several times, and he did not like it. I think it was time for a new Square for that business. Hope this helps.