Velvet can not know what other signing companies clients are doing.
1. Fees are not being lowered from any of our clients.
2. Fees were lowered back in 2009 after the real estate bubble burst.
3. Escrow companies do bundle fees often, splitting the escrow fee and the notary fee. Escrow has a brick and mortar business so the lions share goes to the escrow company.
4. Boutique escrow companies, have a higher notary fee, so go after this business as a signing agent.
5. Go after lenders local to you,you might get the business yourself. And cut out the middle man of the signing companies.
I used to be a signing agent only, I said yes to everything I could and finally after about an year later I walked into a clients office and said, how to I get all your business even out side Southern California.
Each of you can fight any decrease in pay from some, by reaching out and getting your own clients.
Be careful however, dont go after your signing company clients as this will have you get blacked balled
go get your own clients, its not hard but might take a little time.
email me if you have questions, I can show you how to get clients of your own. email@example.com there is enough business for all of us. Dont be stuck just signing for a signing company.
but make it after month end.
Happy Month end everyone