Do Homebuilders use Notaries for any services?

Hello to All,

I would like to know if Homebuilders utilize Notaries for any of their services. I am trying to learn and understand what Homebuilders role would be in the industry of Notary. Please help. Thank you.

1 Like

Hello,
I have a homebuilder who uses me to facilitate their closings. I receive the packet from the Title Agency and usually meet at the homebuilders office. After 6 months of doing their closings they now have me stop in their office to pick up keys, remotes, other instructions if in HOA, etc. then meet with the buyers. They try to set 4-5 up in one day. In that case they are done at the office back to back which is great. You’ll have to call or stop by their office and talk with them. They normally use 1 or 2 notaries and that’s it. Good luck!

3 Likes

What do you charge for those signings?

My single largest source of work these days is a large national homebuilder account, orders come to me through a signing service they contract with. They don’t pay crap for what I do for them, and I wish it were different. But that’s what it’s like with large accounts–take it or leave it–and with steady, good-paying refi work having gone the way of the dodo bird, I suck it up and take it.