Do I need one acknowledgement or multiple?

hello
thank you for this great site. I am signing multiple documents and each one needs to come with an acknowledgement. I am scanning the documents and emailing them to someone. no hard copies needed.
Can I get one acknowledgment from the notary and scan it over and over again for each signed documents?

@lixe if I’m understanding you correctly you’re asking if you can use the ONE “acknowledgement certificate” for multiple pages that need notarizing? If so, the answer is “no”. If you have five (5) pages that need notarizing you should have five (5) “acknowledgement certificates”. I get what you are trying to do but it’s not the correct way, also the email file should be reflective of the correct number of “acknowledgement certificates” even if you aren’t printing it as each certificate needs to be directly behind the document that it’s related too. I am in California for reference in the event other states have different rules about this.

You don’t say what state you’re in, which could affect how things are done in the current pandemic, but the fundamentals stay the same.

Many people aren’t clear about what an acknowledgement is. The notary asks “Did you sign this document voluntarily for the reasons contained in the document?” or words to that effect, and you say “Yes.” That’s the acknowledgement.

Then the notary fills out a certificate that the acknowledgement occurred. If the certificate isn’t written on the same piece of paper as your signature, the notary will often add information to the certificate to show what document it goes with. It is the notary’s obligation to give you a different certificate for each document that was acknowledged, so you might as well run them through the scanning process with everything else.