Documents not arriving until last minute

That is an excellent discussion on how to handle late documents. I especially like the advise about allowing more time than may be needed to prep your package without feeling rushed. Additionally, I value the comment about moving on with your day, if necessary.

1 Like

OMG! I am shocked but so grateful. I have 6 signings tomorrow and I was so stressed out about the late docs since I’m doing back to back closing. Surprisingly, all docs came in and ready for printing tonight! Yay!:pray:

2 Likes

Hey Kendra, you know how SS have rating/ranking parameters for SA errors. And if a mistake is made, as you said, it is at the notary’s time and expense.

Well, late docs are an error of the lender and/or SS. Since I have to pay for my errors, it seems like lenders/SS should pay extra for their errors. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Yea, Right!!!

3 Likes

In a sane world all docs for tomorrow’s signings would be delivered to the SA the night before and not at Midnight!! Then the SA could print all docs before leaving his/her home/office and not have to backtrack to print docs or pay to have 3rd party print docs.

2 Likes

WOW, this is an excellent explanation. Thank you!

I make them pay! Too many errors or late documents all the time and I stop working with them - I don’t have time for inconsistent companies who waste my time! :+1:

2 Likes

Speaking of late docs, I’m a little nervous right now. I have 5 back to back closings tomorrow that are pretty tight. All but 1 came in. I just send them an email requesting for this docs in by midnight or by 6am tomorrow morning, otherwise I have to charge more for back tracking! I hope I don’t get a heart attack or something! Super stressful when docs don’t come in on time!

Been dealing with late docs on Amrock Chase signings a lot latey :grimacing:. So I’ve decided to only do the at the beginning or end of day. The last couple of weeks Chase has had me stressed AF. Some even got cancelled 30 min before as well as cancelled after appt time…

1 Like

No one seems to care about the notary’s time. We’re at their mercy as to when we get docs. I cannot even begin to tell how much business I’ve lost because docs were late and the appointment was ultimately cancelled. If they would have just told me two hours earlier that it was going to be cancelled, I could have taken other jobs in its place. Then when the job is rescheduled, I’m booked at that time with something else so I lose it that way. Our time means nothing to those who hand out the assignments. We’re quite interchangeable with another notary if we can’t take the job at a particular time.

2 Likes

Yes, loan officers at JP Morgan Chase are top producers right now! In these last 3 weeks, 50-75% of my closings were Chase. I hope they hire more people to get those docs in on time soon! I have been calling and sending emails begging for docs to be ready for printing by midnight or by 5 or 6am the morning of! I can tell they are working hard to get them out as soon as they can. Unfortunately I had to backtrack on one, and canceled one last week. But I’m ok with it because my fee on that was pretty decent.

1 Like

I feel like shedding happy tears! I have 6 closings tomorrow back to back! So happy to see all docs came in already! I’m so grateful. Just give me my docs on time and you’ll be my best friend! :innocent::pray:

1 Like

I understand why it takes a long time to get the documents going. What I don’t understand is why the signing is assigned so far in advance when they are not ready. What makes sense to me is, once the documents are in the final stage, (whatever that may be), THEN and ONLY THEN do you assign the closing. Also, I am six months old in this business and use Snapdocs, Signature Closers and The Closing Group. They send out an email or text from their app and it is almost immediately snapped up. So why have someone waiting around when you know that you’ll find a Notary in minutes. I have had the phone in my hand when a signing is made available and still been too slow. I also don’t know why they assign the time of the signing. I think Notaries would be much happier to move a signing up or down and hour or two to accommodate one more signing in a day.

Ive tried this and it does NOT work in TX. They say, ok I will reassign now and poof, there goes the oppertunity.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re right! Looks like I’m losing about $4,000 worth signings this week! Oh well, Yellowstone is worth it:)

During the beginning of Covid, I could not believe how effecient everything was. I was getting all of my docs the day before the signing, and there were less errors on the documents. In turn, I caught more printing errors, all of signings were much smoother because of efficient everything else was. It was like the whole country was in chaos but the lenders and title companies were running like a top. I just wish it could run like that more often.

1 Like

Your videos are awesome! I needed to see this, as I am dealing with this very issue right now. Closing was scheduled an hour and a half ago, and I still have not received documents. They’ve wasted my entire day, as I have been sitting by my phone and constantly checking my email waiting to receive the docs. The amount of headache I’ve experienced over this one deal is not worth the $100 they offered to pay me to do it.

1 Like

Thank you!
Unfortunately, late documents are a part of the business! Just have to learn how to handle it and not let it control your day or stress you out!! :relaxed:

1 Like

This was very helpful in dealing with late docs! Very Freeing!!!

1 Like

Excellent Idea! They made me feel like there was this official list of infractions and a penalty fee associated with it. We have already signed our agreements with this Signing Service, shouldn’t they officially add that to the agreement if that is in fact how they are running their business and paying their LSA’s? Its unprofessional and underhanded. Shame on you Signing Services

Excellent excellent video. I wish I had been able to see this when I first started (over 700 Signings ago). I pretty much have done what you say for a long time, but that was after a long trial and error period, and figuring things out. I used to nearly break my neck and get totally stressed out when I could not deliver on time, even when it was not my fault. Thanks for making this. A lot of “newbies” will be several steps ahead of the game if they follow your advice. I too have found that the quality signing companies do not get mad at you if you have to cancel due to late docs, and to my knowledge I have never missed any Signings because I had to cancel one or two along the way.

2 Likes