Does anyone have experiences with USA Signing Agent?

Why do you have to pay to get business. You don’t. Stay away from companies that want money. Their bogus.

I’m seeing a bit of confusion between a notary paying to list in a Directory…like this one–Notary Café.
Notary Café does NOT hire notaries. They provide a site where a notary can advertise their business. Advertising costs money, so spend it wisely on a Directory that is utilized by Title Companies and Signing Services. Key words here are: Directory that is used by TC & SS.

Having said that, be aware that there are a plethora of so-called Directories who solicit our advertising money with big promises but no action. Seems like new ones pop up all the time.
Which is the best reason for anyone who had paid to list in a particular Directory to state if they’ve received any ‘good’ business from their paid listing on a particular directory. Or did they pay and never get a call. The more business a notary receives, the better the Directory and other notaries will pay to list–making it still better for hiring parties and notaries. Which is why I mentioned earlier to ‘check the SEO’ to see if the Directory you’re ‘thinking about’ gets any traffic.

There are a very few Signing Services that want the notary to pay a ‘listing fee’ in order to get business from them. Stay far away from these!

4 Likes

Good Morning! What are the other 2 worth paying for?
Thanks
Bill

USA SIgning Agent’s address is in the city I live in so I used Google Earth to see what their place of business looked like & if I wanted to stop by. Its address is just a UPS store with a bunch of mailboxes inside.

4 Likes

Interesting. I look on their sites and cannot find a physical address. They do not want you to find them. They take your money and crawl back into the cracks. The Better Business Bureau has complaints about them, and even the BBB cannot locate them. I get emails from them weekly telling me that I cannot get any calls for notary work without signing up and paying 39.95 for the listing first. There is something inherently wrong with a company who will not put an address or other contact information.
Thanks,
Mike

2 Likes

Beware their World Headquarters is a UPS Store mailbox. Probably just another bunch of scammers.

SEO- search engine optimization. Ms. Arichter, can you share exactly how to determine how many hits they garner?

1 Like

Google for a free SEO-thingy. Then check 'em out. It’s most likely wildly inaccurate, but when they are # 180,000,003 in the world, it’s a pretty good guess that it isn’t used much (compared to 123 & NCafe, which were around 10 to 20K quite a while ago…in a highly specialized field–not too shabby).

What are the other two companies that you would recommend paying for?

This one, NotaryRotary & 123Notary. Note that he has stopped calling people with his ‘tests’. Frankly, most business has migrated to platforms like SnapDocs, so I guess all directories are falling into disuse. And with a ‘virus-panic’ bill in the US Congress (sponsored by 2 Reps & 2 Dems) to legalize Remote Online Notarization nationwide, we’ll probably be an extinct species by the end of the year as this type of business WILL go to big tech. About all we can do is write your Congressperson not to vote in favor of it OR Google OPPOSE RON and donate to the only guy doing anything about it.

Also, if you don’t know what I’m talking about, you’re too far behind the pack and have a lot of reading to do here & other forums to catch up.

4 Likes

NOTARY BEWARE!!!

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY - IT IS A SCAM!!

THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND THERE IS NO WAY TO COMMUNICATE WITH THEM EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE A CONTACT ME FORM YOU WILL GET A BOUNCED EMAIL SAYING EMAILS FROM THIS COUNTRY ARE NOT ACCEPTED. THEY DO NOT RESPOND TO PHONE CALL MESSAGES. THEY DO NOT SEND OUT RECEIPTS FOR PAYMENT NOR CONFIRMATION OF A ACCOUNT SETUP. YOU CAN’T EVEN DO A PASSWORD RESET AS YOUR EMAIL ISN’T RECOGNIZED.

SO FAR I CANNOT REACH THIS COMPANY WITH MULTIPLE ATTEMPTS AND TODAY I WILL BE CALLING MY BACK TO FILE A SCAM AND TRY TO GET MY MONEY BACK THAT WAY.

I AM CONSTANTLY RECEIVING EMAILS TO SIGNUP WITH THEM BUT THEY ARE ALL SCAM MESSAGES.

YOU CAN DO A BBB LOOKUP AND A GOOGLE LOOK UP AND THEY ARE ALL THE SAME COMPLAINT… LEAVE A GOOGLE REVIEW AND A BBB REVIEW THAT WILL AID OTHER NOTORIES FROM GOING DOWN THE WRONG PATH WITH THIS COMPANY. IT’S ALL TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. USE OTHER CREDIBAL SERVICES TO BRING YOU LEADS.

3 Likes

To William (wdgwings) the other two worth paying for are 123Notary.com and NotaryRotary. I keep getting the USA Signing Agents email all the time. It sounds too good to be true and thanks to those who replied that it is and to stay away. Thank you.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, Ms. Richter, some of us live in areas that are highly saturated with signing agents. If we don’t accept the crappy $75 fees, we don’t work. Others take the lowball offers, and we stay home. Clearly you live in an area where you can demand higher fees because you don’t have competition. I’ve tried to negotiate with these lowballers, and all I’ve accomplished is giving business to other area notaries who are willing to take the crappy fees. I wish we could unionize and demand that signing services pay us the notary fee, and charge extra for their services, rather than just taking half our money.

2 Likes

I’ve been in this biz a very long time and have watched many newbs come and rapidly go in my area because they can’t survive on the low fees they accept…and quickly move on. It’s true that I’m not in a notary-saturated area, but it’s also true that it’s a low-volume area, too. Oh, and ICs can’t unionize.

1 Like

Yes, I’m aware that ICs cannot unionize which is why I said “I wish” rather than to organize a movement. We have a lot of newbs that come and go here also, unfortunately there are so many of them, that even though they don’t stay long enough to make it to the big leagues, there’s a steady enough flow of newbies to support lowball companies like C2C and DocSigners. DocSigners used to be a great company to work with. Now they’ve got new people in the office and are sending out $50 and $60 refis. I sincerely pray that these lowballers would go out of business before ruining it for everyone. I recently saw that C2C has recently hired full time quality control staffers to handle the massive volume of signings full of defects. I don’t know how Lisa is so short-sighted that she doesn’t get it- if she just paid a reasonable notary fee, she would get quality work from experienced notaries and not HAVE to hire QC staffers to handle the massive volume of defects generated by the new, untrained people. I was incredibly disappointed to see Carol Ray at Notary2Pro partner with C2C. Notary2Pro used to pride themselves on dealing only with quality signing services and title companies that offer reasonable fees.

1 Like

You should NEVER pay a fee to register for a signing service. Only NNA or NSS or the like for training.

SCAM. RUN!!

I paid them $39 and never received any assignment request. When I emailed them to inquire, no responses.

Interestingly after my membership expired, they were diligent to ask me to pay for membership again.

NEVER !!! NEVER AGAIN. Glad that was the only time and last time I paid.

1 Like

Hello. New Georgia Notary here. Just wanted to respond that 123Notary has definitely NOT stopped with his “tests.” This Jeremy person called late in the 7:00 PM hour one evening shortly after registering with that site and, yes, paying them $59. After reading about these tests by tracing his phone number, he was asked to refund my money and remove my listing. He got it half right. He did, in fact, remove my listing within two weeks of registering since he could not reach me over the phone at the number provided. But he has not yet refunded my $59.

I’ve been down this road before and know the process, so let’s just see how this goes. But I’d caution on registering with 123Notary dot com at this time.

HI Arichter, I love your input. Its right on the :nose: nose.

i personally think we should insist on getting paid the fees we deserve, especially driving on roads like this. I live in alaska, and not in Anchorage so I get paid what I am due. What I recently did was I called my competition. And discussed our fees, and i let her know i charge such and such and they pay it so she should too… why undercut each other it makes no sense. Then last week I did a signing for a couple at their home and the wife said I’m a notary how can I do this?? Luckily she was ahead of the game 1 being a notary already and 2 being smart enough to catch on quickly And 3 most importantly I explained don’t take less than $125 for straight refi $50 more for full scan backs and the fees for traveling here are high as well
. I also walked her thru printing and document questions and all the essentials. Her first clients was one of those grouchy types so it was a good 1st one. I am also am available for her questions, for free. I wish I had that when I was new! I did it mostly because I don’t want to do 5 notaries a day and I want a qualified notary for a qualified fee to help with the load. And we are going to advertise together and she has already saved me money with paper purchases and I have reffered her jobs when I am busy or just don’t want it. She will return the favor. I think our industry needs more mentoring, maybe?

1 Like

Yes, have discovered that he’s quizzing newbs… so, what can I say…register at your own risk.
But, honestly, when I see some of the questions asked here and elsewhere…he may have a point. Nevertheless, as WE pay to be listed, I think it should be up to hiring party to decide whether or not to hire a particular notary (and not just find the cheapest).

1 Like