Dual State Notaries any experience?

Is anyone else out there a Dual Notary? Seems to really confuse the main signing companies (software). Even NNA had to work around their own software to get it to list correctly?

It could be that it might be me that is lacking, but NNA had some problems with it as well.

Thank you fellow Notaries!

Not a dual-state notary, but am in a border county and get nearly as many offers for next state as I do for my own state. Seems to be a ‘mileage’ thing, so am surprised that you have problems listing correctly.
OT: The NNA directory was very messed up as it only listed me in ONE zip code that wasn’t even my own. Took a lot of yowling at them, but they finally fixed it.

I am dual notary for MD/DC. I have been a long time. It is great because it increase and the distance help increase my rate as well. Besides in DC a lot of notaries hate the traffic, parking, and many of the issues that come with dealing with DC. NO for them is MOE for me. I say just make the most of your dualness.

2 Likes

I’m a notary in dc/md/va. I have had no issues to date …

1 Like

I was a notary in DC along with MD/VA until the change the law.The last time I looked at the book and spoke to the DC notary section I was told you can’t be a DC notary unless you live in DC. Is that your situation. The only exception is if you have an office in DC and the owner of the company states on their letterhead that you need to be one for that business. Is that still the case?

I live in dc, my job is in va. and my real estate brokerage is in md. I’m also a realtor

1 Like

I am a Dual State Notary ( OR &WA) and I have the same issue with Signing companies and their websites. The NNA had some issues too initially, but then got everything situated for me.

I create separate accounts for each state that I am a notary in. Two companies that I had no issues with pertaining to this matter and that contact me regularly for assignments are Vantage Point and MIS.

Hope this helps!

WA here, but considering taking ID. Good info to have - great question!

I was a dual state notary until my commission expired for Washington last year. I have to take their state test to renew my commission. I guess I’m in no hurry. I have shipped off my commission, background check, insurance to the various companies I receive work from and they have it on file. I don’t know if this answers your concerns. I have mixed feelings about the NNA. That’s all I want to say about it.

Hello I too work in DC and live in MD. What is the process to become a notary in both locations?

I have a current dual commission for MD and DC. There are certain items you need so that you are fully covered. You working there in DC is a start. You need a certain Bond and you also need your license for DC as well. I can tell you how to get all the following items, or you can call DC and they will walk you through the whole process. Take care

Phillix

My email is engagingdestinyllc@yahoo.com

Phillix is the name

Did you ever get both commissions? If so How?

I applied for my TIPIC licence in DC I have it in MD and my commission in MD. I am trying to do DC and VA too. Out of all of my research it looks like I can get a DC address for my company and then get commissioned. Is this correct? along with the bond etc

Hey Dyonne,

Sorry for the late response. you can give me a call when you have a moment at
703 568-2997 Phillix