E-mail scammer "Emily George" is back

Long time scam, coming at us again.

"Hello,
I was actually searching for a notary online and i came across your profile as a notary agent. I am currently planning to buy my first house and i am in need of a reliable notary to help me handle the document part, as my agent said one will be needed.can you help with this? Please advise.

Kind Regards."

Needless to say, NEWBIES - do not respond to this!

3 Likes

Thank you for the heads up!

I just got that email and went online and found someone local with that name so replied. What is the scam? I blocked that email after seeing this post.

There is no signing job. The scam varies - from the simple theft of your verified email address to outright requests for fraudelent notarial acts.

1. This is not how we are assigned loan signings. A buyer package is prepared by escrow/title, and these docs are sent directly to us for printing.

2. We do not assist in “handling the document part.” That is the job of an escrow agent or loan officer.

Ms “Emily George” is trolling for naive notaries to be groomed for future use.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been doing this for just over 20 years and have gotten plenty of scam emails but not from “her”.

1 Like

Thank you Judi. I got an email from Emily today.

I’ve actually gotten this same email from 3 different “buyers”. I immediately reported the email as SPAM.

The reappearance of “Emily” scams proves once again that A) criminals are stupid and B) sadly there are victims even more so.

1 Like

Hi,
I am new to this amazing profession and received the email also. Thank you so much for the information about the scam, it was very helpful.

1 Like

THANK YOU so much for the heads up! I would have fallen for that one for sure.

Never heard of her…but if something like this were to hit my email I would block immediately. It just sounds phony from jump! Thanks for the heads up, though.

Btw…is anyone else getting spammed by hiringnotary.com? I get at least six emails from them daily. Was almost tempted to investigate…but just don’t have the time. So far, I’ve been deleting without opening.

2 Likes