Experience with Snapdocs?

Just curious how frequently people get work from Snapdocs? Not sure on their algorithm but I am not getting a lot of viable hits from Snapdocs. I live in New York State. I did one signing about a month ago where I lived in between the two signers locations for a Deed in Lieu and only received one of the signings instead of both to streamline it. Even the title company was confused on why Snapdocs did not select me for both.

Signed up for it when it first started, but have never received an offer from it.

Maybe
 their algorithm figures ‘if you’re in this place at this time, you can’t be in the other place at the same time
or on time’. I don’t actually believe it’s that sophisticated, maybe the reason is to ‘spread signings around a bit’ by re-ordering the list of NSAs. Also, SnapDocs doesn’t ‘select’ anyone; hiring party does. Most likely reason is that hiring party selected someone cheaper. In other words, TC was fibbing.

1 Like

Thank you Judith and Ardel. I receive offers on Snapdocs but by the time I reply, 90% of the time, the job is taken. Funny you mention that Ardel. I had a question for the signing service that night and was put through to title directly, since it was in the evening. Title actually was impressed and asked that I give them my information so they can send a startup packet. They said that there are two offices for title, one uses Snapdocs, the other does not. I agree that the algorithm is not that sophisticated. Another third party skimming off the top if you ask me.

1 Like

About 1/3 of my business used to come from Snap Docs, but it has been really slow this year.

1 Like

Thank you William, yes it has been with Snapdocs at least.

1 Like

I have received some viable hits from Snapdocs. I don’t understand the fee negotiation system. When I decline due to fee being too low, do I counter with just the base fee I want to receive, or the base fee with edoc fees combined?

I received one signing from them in four years.

I receive a ton of notifications from Snapdocs however they are ALL lowballing and many are not even in my area they are in the area of my counter part and she receives tons of notifications of signings in my area. We are in the same county however there is a mountain between us. I have reached out to Snapdocs nothing changes. If I had to pay to be on Snapdocs I wouldn’t do it, they are not worth it

3 Likes

I LOVE Snapdocs. On an average, I do 10-15 jobs for them monthly. Key is to be quick. I have a cheat sheet of zip codes readily handy to check how far it is to see if it’s worth taking based on amount they are offering. (The map link they provide is great but by the time the information comes up the job could be gone). I’ve never had trouble getting paid from any job from Snapdocs. Good Luck

3 Likes

I signed up for Snapdocs and still receive offers from them. I closed for them a few times. I try to answer why I won’t take a signing. Many times the pay is too low or it is too far away. When I answer if they don’t have any others that have taken the job they will call and you can negotiate.

1 Like

My experience with snap docs is so so. I get a lot of low ball offers. I always counter with my minimum for any job. That minimum is 100. Since I started doing that the job offers have went way down to only a few a month. I have not accepted a job from them since last October. It should be noted that on the back side of snap docs, they allow the company that hired you to rate you and leave notes on you. These ratings are not shared with you and are seen by others that are considering hiring you. I don’t think that is very good, I want to see and be able to respond. I m actually thinking of disenrolling from Snapdocs. I always like to hear how others have viewed things.

2 Likes

A few things to remember about SnapDump.

1. On each of our profiles, we have “secret” percentage which CAN NOT be seen by the NSA. When a company reviews you, they will give you a thumbs up or down. You will receive all those thumbs up in an email, which is nice. However, you will NEVER know if you got a thumbs down or negative review. And the only way you will know if you did, is when you stop receiving those regular texts you were receiving before.

2. If you ask support ANY question, you will get Felicia, who at this point, I am so convinced is a robot, seriously a non-human. Her replies are always systematically the same and she will either NOT answer your specific question, if its not in their reply template or will reply to you with something else totally different plus a link to the Helpful Tips website.

3. Any jobs that come through the SnapDump platform are from their clients, the hiring companies. They get to pick and choose to whom they send these texts to. Now, if you’ve worked with a particular company, and say you got into a small dispute about payment, docs, etc., there is a little check box they can mark NEXT TO YOUR NAME, that when checked, will put your name on the bottom of that particular companies search list of NSAs.

4. Use at your own risk and do not assume that if an offer you see is low and then no longer there, a low ball nsa took it. Not necessarily the case, but you’ll never know. Remember that you can always negotiate for YOUR FEE, and its 50-50 chance they’ll accept it.

5. SnapDump algorithm. When searching for a NSA, those secret percentages dictate your position on the board searches. So, the lower you are, well, let’s just say, you probably got a few dings on your file. Not to change the subject, but the NNA signing agent website is the same, and if you do not have a ‘certification’ through them, you will not be on the higher end of the search. Sucks all around.

6 Likes

Nice insight Carrie! I hardly get a hit from these guys and when I do, it is barely worth it.

1 Like

Great insight. I get quite a bit of business from Snapdocs, I am rural, so there isn’t too much competition. I really wish we could see when we get a bad review though. I also think that Notaries should be allowed to review the Companies, although I suppose that would be what we do using this forum. Thank you for your insight though, really appreciate it.

3 Likes

And also on Notary Reviews, a FB members only group forum.

SInce I signed on with them last November, I have received texts for 4 signing opportunities in my local area and have replied “Available” immediately. My response rating is 100%, but I have not received any of the jobs. I continue to check the status of the signing, and after about 45 minutes to 1 hour, the status shows “Filled by another notary”.

1 Like

I can only speak for my area but Snapdocs contact me several times a week, granted sometimes it is further away than I am willing to go but I have only had positive experience with them.

I have always had a positive experience with them as well

what is this? I have never heard of it.