Experience with Snapdocs?

Does anyone know how to see how many pages a packet has and how many signers BEFORE accepting a signing on Snapdocs?

Sometimes they will, depends on the company but it is usually an approximation.

I get at least one job a month from them. Don’t pay a whole lot but I really like Snapdocs.

1 Like

I was also frustrated with snapdocs for low rates.

For the first two weeks of march i had zero orders. Only lowball offers. I refused them on principle and would rather go hungry.

I wanted to either turn off notifications or get out it all together . Once a while good offers come along.
I recently had the previlige of getting a $300 per day offer to be a independent notary/ observer to view the for the same client everyday for the last week and this week. No print, few notarizatiins for the same individual every day.
So u gotta respond fast.
Ignore the worst and be an opportunist & seize it when it arises.
So hang it there, don’t panic & sell yourself cheap.

2nd good story.

One title company ( not signing) from NY had the habit of sending low ball offersvon snapdocs and i had the habit of throwing it back at them. My efforts paid off and they have started offering minimum $100- $125 .
I have been pushing them offer even higher to what other respectable title xompanies offer @ $175 per purchase.

Some notary is surely benifitting off it. I am happy.
I hate it when title companies nickle & dime you guys and i stand up and fight for u all.

So Say NO ti lowball offers now and u will help anoyher notary to higher price. Good Karma will come your way.

3 Likes

I have been on their platform for years and tons of my previous clients all use it. I find it very valuable and I get offers daily. Many offers. Its a good place to get more work.

1 Like

Everyone has their own opinion regarding Snap Docs and this mine. If the offer or accepted counter offer is making you money then make money. When my calendar is dry for the day I will fill it with Snap Doc closings. My creed is Make Money every day I am working. Be quick and always be courteous to your vendors. If you don’t want the job someone else will.

4 Likes

Snapdocs is what it is - no use battling with it or refusing to deal with it. Their policies are published on the site; it’s a good idea to read them.

If you don’t like a rate, respond back with your offer. Sometimes it’s accepted, sometimes not.

I’m not terribly fond of having yet another layer skimming money off the top of my fee, but on the other hand… I wouldn’t have the opportunity to work with many Snapdocs client companies without them. So it’s a wash.

I agree with Narayan about low fees. Please do not accept those $35 and $45 fees. Those are an insult to every Notary Signing Agent. Even if no notarial acts are involved, your time is more valuable than that.

Consider this: To drop off that package to be signed, Fedex would charge a minimum of $45. To pick it up again, they would charge another minimum of $45. Total would be $90 to the signing company/client. For that same package (assuming it does not require notarial acts), an NSA prints, delivers directly to the signer, assists in the signing where needed, ensures signing specs are met, gathers additional docs as required, sorts, packages, and drops at a shipping location. Why on earth should you be paid less than Fedex would make for simply dropping and picking up?

Send back a “fee too low” response. You do not have to enter an amount when you do so.

3 Likes

Often the initial offer will say >100 (greater than 100 pages) or <100 (less than 100 pages), for example.

When you are assigned an offer, I suggest you immediately check with the signing company/title firm to discover the lender. You can ask via Snapdocs. If the lender is a company that deals with subprime loans (high risk borrowers generally mean a large loan package), you can choose to continue, renegotiate your fee, or cancel. It may prove useful to keep notes about the companies with which you contract.

There are two lenders I will cancel immediately. 300+ page packages for $100? Ridiculous.

1 Like

I am a “nearly new” signing agent, as I used to do this pre-TRID, but, I have 21 yrs experience in the mortgage industry. I knew I wanted direct contracts with title companies, but I needed references and SnapDocs helped me to achieve this. Jan and Feb was very slow and I refused most of the low ball offers and I was able to negotiate the fees some of the time. I received enough work that I have actually been approved to work directly with 5 national title companies and a few of them found me on SnapDocs.

Unfortunately, my market is over saturated with SA, so in order for me to stand out, I have to be error free, prompt and deliver stellar service to both vendor and their client. I am now receiving more offers with better fees.

I know many on this forum are against the low ball orders, but I used it to my advantage to get my foot in the door to prove I am great at this so I can demand higher fees. My area is not paying $125 for refis unless you’re working directly with the title company and no middle man. And even most of them are only paying $95 - $115 for refis.

1 Like

Like, Iconic Mortgage 192 pgs x 2 for $90…Get Real!!

1 Like

I have a terrible experience with SnapDoc they are the worst company to work with as a Notary , I did not respond to their low fee and now my rating is very low and if I even accept the low fee now it does not go through either!!!

SD is not a company, it is a platform to be used by companies; the low fee is not their fee - that is is the fee of the company using the platform - what that company is wiling to pay you - after they pay SD. SD does not set the fees the companies that use them pay the notary fees.

1 Like

I have little issues with SD. I only accepts the jobs that worthy of my time.

Snapdocs…what an insult to our business. Next time, take a look at the title company & contact them directly. It works.

i get all my jobs from snapdocs. none from signingagent. i have negotiated for a higher fee. i’m just not sure what to charge for some as i don’t know what the acronym stands for and they don’t specify how many pages. Scanbacks take alot of time and if you don’t charge over $100 you are making $10/hr. Is anybody making $60,000 fulltime from notary work

I use snapdocs as one of my main platforms.

I have done around 10 so far.

I have noticed and appreciated working with Snapdocs lenders.
they upload their docs earlier so I have days in advanced to prepare the docs and their communication is amazing they get back to me the same day
what color ink or how many forms of ID do I need etc.

so far Snapdocs is the most professional and easy to work with platform.

you have to accept the job asap on your phone to be considered for the job. they will tell you in 15mins if your assigned to the job or not.

their are some jobs that pay low and some are too far away.
it’s up to you if each job is worth it to you

Correct…But, I Barter with them Depending on the Product, Distance, Scanbacks!! and Yes it works, Of course Not Always, Remember there are Bottom Feeders! Best Wishes!

1 Like

how fast did you get paid?

Does the W9 not have your SS#?

I would hope not - you should never give your SS# to anyone - if you’re operating a business, the business is conducted under an EIN and, to SusanAZ, I don’t see how SnapDocs and VendorPay can get away with not accepting that. “so they know who you are” my left foot! They have to accept that EIN. Maybe they can pay you directly rather than through VendorPay?