Experience with Snapdocs?

I get offers at least once a week but they are usually far from where I live and the pay is low. One good thing they allow you to tell them the reason why you didn’t accept and sometimes if no one else take the job for the low pay they will offer you the amount you requested.

Thanks for the insight on their operations. I have been getting their notifications since their beginning and have noticed that the fees the companies offer through their service have gone down. It seems to be somewhat of a cattle call system. It does nothing to enhance your relationship with the companies that use it since it is very hands off. I occasionally accept a job and it is handy, but that is about it. I will also answer an offer sometimes with a counter offer. Most of the time the fees are too low for me to accept. In my area, my costs are high and I need to make so much to make a small profit. A few of my counter offers have been accepted, but mostly not which tells me that others are working for less. How they make any money at this taking a signing for $75-85 is a mystery to me? Maybe that is why there is such a big turnover…

Hi Clgrvs
To answer your question of who’s accepting such low fees, I think new comers in the field like myself are the ones accepting $75-$85 for a signing. Depending on the distance, I would be willing to take it if it means I’ll gain the experience. However, I do see things your way, that experienced SA’s should charge accordingly. After a few signings I expect to get paid more and not as an amateur.

3 Likes

Sure. When you are learning the ropes, it is fine to work for less. But when you can do an assignment without errors and you are getting requests from others for work, feel confident that you can get more for your work. It is valuable!

1 Like

How quickly do you have to reply?

I like SnapDocs. I have gotten a number of signings through them. Once I started getting offers from some of the same vendors, they have started calling me directly.

2 Likes

I have done two assignments for them. I have charged mileage and it was ok. Recently, I noticed when they send me a notification and I reply available, I call to verify and they will ask for my fee for mileage and I will tell them and from there I am not selected. So my question is how do you charge them or what do you do? I told them I am mobile and I don’t mind traveling but if it is a good distance like an hour away, I am charging mileage.

Hi, Snapdocs nor any other signing service applies an algorithm to make your signings more efficient in any way.
The Snapdocs algorithm that I am aware of has to do with factors other than proximity to a client, routing or any facet of performing the signing. You can find it on their website and it has to do, in part, with how often and promptly you reply to their text messages. They use this information in their scoring, that much I know. But it is not limited to this information. The inner working’s of their black box is not public information.

Immediately…Especially if it’s close to you and/ or the Fee is good …$100 or more it goes FAST!

1 Like

I copied the following from the Snap Docs website as to how the order process functions

1. Title and escrow and signing service companies create an order and search for a notary on Snapdocs.

When companies are looking for a notary to work with on Snapdocs, they’re presented with a ranked list of notaries in the area of the signing location. Our search algorithm returns notaries based on mile radius from the signing location, as opposed to zip code or county.

At this point, companies can choose to directly assign an order to a notary. However, in most cases, they’ll use our notification system to send out notifications to notaries in order to see who is available for the signing. Our notification system actually works its way down the ranked list of notaries, sending out notifications one by one to notaries. Once a notary responds that they’re available, the notification system automatically stops. Companies can also manually stop our system from sending out notifications at any time. They can also start up the notification system if they’d like to continue notifying notaries, and the system will pick up from where it left off. Learn more about how the notification system works.

Because notifications are sent out one by one and notifications can be stopped from being sent out at any time, it’s beneficial to be highly ranked. Highly ranked notaries will be notified first of signing opportunities in their area. As a result, they will also be notified of most signing opportunities.

Learn how to boost your notary ranking here.

1 Like

My problem is with Vendor Pay. They require your social number and you can’t use an EIN. I sent an e-mail to snapdocs support and Felicia says Vendor Pay requires a SS# so they know who you are. Other signing companies don’t require the SS# when you have an EIN. All they need is a W-9. They require enough other documents and certifications to verify ID. Most companies who use snapdocs require Vendor Pay and since I refuse to give my SS# when it’s not necessary I have not been done any signings through snapdocs.

It is okay. I have been paid through Vendor Pay and it was pretty fast.

Who are you replying to?

I do accept a few from them. slow to be paid, so for me it is a once in a while thing. Although I have to say that many more lenders/title companies are starting to use their platform. I received a notice from First American Signature Services that they now have a test platform with Snapdocs. :frowning: I am used to being paid pretty fast from FASS. My fear is that when it is done with the testing my pay will take a month to receive. With this in mind as more lenders/title companies lean this way more of us will be forced to use the Snapdocs platform.

I work with them great company, I turn down a lot due to the fee being to low for the travel. Sometimes am to late for the response and another Notary gets the the job at the low price.

Does anyone know how to see how many pages a packet has and how many signers BEFORE accepting a signing on Snapdocs?

Sometimes they will, depends on the company but it is usually an approximation.

I get at least one job a month from them. Don’t pay a whole lot but I really like Snapdocs.

1 Like

I was also frustrated with snapdocs for low rates.

For the first two weeks of march i had zero orders. Only lowball offers. I refused them on principle and would rather go hungry.

I wanted to either turn off notifications or get out it all together . Once a while good offers come along.
I recently had the previlige of getting a $300 per day offer to be a independent notary/ observer to view the for the same client everyday for the last week and this week. No print, few notarizatiins for the same individual every day.
So u gotta respond fast.
Ignore the worst and be an opportunist & seize it when it arises.
So hang it there, don’t panic & sell yourself cheap.

2nd good story.

One title company ( not signing) from NY had the habit of sending low ball offersvon snapdocs and i had the habit of throwing it back at them. My efforts paid off and they have started offering minimum $100- $125 .
I have been pushing them offer even higher to what other respectable title xompanies offer @ $175 per purchase.

Some notary is surely benifitting off it. I am happy.
I hate it when title companies nickle & dime you guys and i stand up and fight for u all.

So Say NO ti lowball offers now and u will help anoyher notary to higher price. Good Karma will come your way.

3 Likes

I have been on their platform for years and tons of my previous clients all use it. I find it very valuable and I get offers daily. Many offers. Its a good place to get more work.

1 Like