Experiences with Notary Cloud

My second experience with Notary Cloud, aka NotaryCloud, aka VillageCapital, aka Village Capital… They are all the same deadbeats, who cannot pay on time. My first experience with them was good.
Second experience : its more than 30 days and still awaiting payment. Multiple emails : Same canned answer: Checking with accounting.

I am done with these deadbeats. I don’t want to deal with them anymore.

1 Like

I have yet to be paid for a signing that I completed in October. I have called, emailed, and texted. I have spoken to several people who stated they would check on the status of my payment. When you call, they don’t answer, but they quickly respond by text message. I will never do another signing for them again. This company is awful and should be ashamed of taking advantage of small business notaries.

Update: Jan 2020

NotaryCloud
MileStone Settlements are all the same

There M.O is to call thru notary cloud and then get work done by notary and give the run acound.
send me your invoice, send me your w9 … and accounting is working on it, we let account know, etc etc.

I.M.O , NOTARY CLOUD is a scam operation like notary spot or notary loop ( remember those deadbeat cheats). They exist to cheat notaries and deny them payments.

So finally after my multiple email, I wrote one final email , and said if i my payment does not come thru, I am going to launch complaints with NJ and NV Banking and insurance commissioner and also with LV Attorney Generals office.

GUess what ! Check arrived in next day , mailed via fedex express.
If i had not received the check, I would have totally followed thru with my complaints.

So today they call again… I said NO THANK YOU , Business is light, but i would rather be stress free that being desperate in accepting and then chasing them for eternity.

4 Likes

I am so glad that you shared this story. NotaryCloud called me today about a refi signing that is an hour away. Something told me to check here to make sure these guys did not fall on the deadbeat list. Thanks again!~

1 Like

Thank so much for the Notary Cloud postings! I agreed to do a signing for them 2 days ago for tomorrow. Then I looked for comments here about them. YOW!!! Scary. I thought I’d already experienced all the troublesome signing companies. They just emailed and canceled and I’m sooooo relieved. I’m convinced that the stress that some of these places (and other problems) cause, will cost you minutes, hours or days of the length of your life.

They seemed nice enough and offered a decent price and not too far but I hate to turn down other work for a deal like this.

I appreciate this forum so much that I think I’ll sign up for the Notary Cafe service just because I’m feeling a little like a freeloader. This is such a valuable place to compare notes that I feel like I owe something for it…especially after dodging the Notary Cloud bullet.

1 Like

You have to send an invoice to scheduling@villagecapital.com they pay 30 days from invoice but they pay well . You just have to remember to invoice after every job and make sure they have your W9. I do a lot of jobs for them.

1 Like

Appreciate all of you very much!!! I just received a call & they were offering $100. I told them my fee (almost double) plus I explained my surcharge for packets over xxx pages (tiered surcharges). The girl didn’t hesitate to meet my fee. I found that to be a red flag, as most of the time I am placed on hold or am told they will call me back. Immediately after we hung up I turned to reviews and responded to their confirmation letting them know they will have to reassign the signing due to their abundance of poor reviews from other notaries. You all helped me dodge a bullet and I am very grateful!!!

2 Likes

Add $$ for COVID 19 , hazard pay. Consumer gotta realize this and willing, Title should be willing too.

1 Like

Notary Cloud and Village Capital investments and their title company are a interconnected. A family of people with the same last name owns and runs them all.

I read a post from a wonderful Notary about what is (against the law) The most interesting thing about this letter made me think. " OH MY GOSH", " these title companies and lenders are CHARGING THE CLIENTS THE CLOSING FEES and then NOT PAYING THE FEES TO US". (this is illegal!) “Everything listed on the C.D. MUST be paid.” Well Well Well. This is so helpful. BTW, I have NEVER been stiffed.

I’m sorry I didn’t write down the Notaries name who wrote this but I think this notary is brilliant. :slight_smile: Here is what she wrote,
keep in mind to use this ONLY AS AN EXAMPLE.!!!

signing Companies who do not pay the notary/signing agent:

I often read about SA’s not getting paid for their hard earned work. In all the years I’ve been doing this, even before the age of Signing Agents, I’ve never been stiffed. I relentlessly pursue deadbeat Signing Services, mortgage companies, or direct subprime lenders, any one who intentionally or unintentionally overlooks my invoices for signing fees.

Here is my standard HALL OF SHAME letter to the California Secretary of State. Usually by faxing to the SS or whoever contracted my services, I get IMMEDIATE response, before it is sent to the Secretary of State. Also in California the Department of Corporations governs Escrow/Title Companies.

Here’s her collection tool.

To: California Secretary of State Fax: 916-653-9580
Re: Complaint – Possible Fraud Pages: 2
CC: State of California Banking Commission.
Owner, LOSER Loan Docs Inc.
Escrow Officer New AmericanFinancial
Escrow Officer, ABC Title
Escrow Officer, Amerin Mortgage Company
¨ Urgent Response Requested

To Whom It May Concern:
The purpose of this fax is to bring to your attention a potential fraud perpetuated against me by a loan signing service based out of Bakersfield, California.

As a Notary Public/Certified Loan Signing Agent in the State of California, I was contacted by ______________ @ LOSER Loan Docs, Inc., (Address, City State and Zip and Telephone/Fax Numbers in February 2003 to complete three re-finance loan signings with ABC Title (EO Name) , Pleasanton, CA, American Mortgage Company (EO Name), Oxnard, CA; and New American Finance Newport Real Estate (EO Name), Newport Beach, CA.

The fee to be paid to me for these services was a total of $275.00 (breakdown below).

Lender Borrower File No Fee Due Date Signed
American 8495 125 19-Feb
ABC Title 8398 75 8-Feb
New American Fin 8342 75 9-Feb

I completed the work as agreed. The signings were completed and based on the signing the loans funded, which I have confirmed with all lenders. It is my understanding that according to federal and state laws, the funds and disbursement of fees scheduled for disbursement must be paid.

To date, after numerous phone calls, and faxes, I have not been paid by LOSER LOAN DOC SERVICE, although LOSER has been paid by the lenders, according to the escrow officers from each of these title companies/lender

I know you are not a collection agency. The purpose of this fax is to satisfy the question raised in my mind after reading numerous messages on a Notary Public message board about LOSER Loan Docs Inc. contracting Notaries Public throughout CA to complete refinance loan document signings and not making payment of fees to their notaries. It would appear to me to minimally be a violation of banking/notary public law within the state they conduct business, a violation of banking law to the title/escrow company which hired them if there were no intention of paying the fee while charging the borrower for the fee. Additionally, there is a possibility of violation of federal laws regarding the interstate use of phones/faxes to contract banking business.

I will, in fact, be turning over to Dun & Bradstreet Small Business Solutions the matter of collection. It is my hope that your agency will check out the legitimacy of this company, and if they are in fact perpetuating any kind of fraud on Notaries Public, and/or borrowers, in the charging of fees without intention of paying fees, that you will take the appropriate action. Meanwhile, I have already begun my own collection efforts through the _________County Small Claims Court to collect these sums.

My contact numbers are XXXXXXXXXXX(cell) XXXXXXXXX (off) e-mail: [e-mail address]. I am best conveniently reached by cell phone.

Thank you.

Cordially,
SA, [California notary]

Finally, check out the company and the board of directors? It took me about 10 seconds to find the name of the CEO on the site.

You posted the notary’s name - Cheryl Elliott

That’s ok. We are public officials. See the license. It says we are Notary Public, ( Started of your commission)

I did three signings for Notary Cloud end of June, beginning of July. They have not paid me yet and now they are completely ignoring me. (not returning calls, texts or emails) I also have contacted the lender and Village Capitol with no results. I am going to be filing against them in court next week because I now believe that they never intended to pay me.

actually…no. I sent invoices (repeatly) I9, emailed, posted on portal. contacted the L/O. just cant get that payment out of them. THEN they paid me for some others and NOT the late one. BTW, it is also the highest invoive for $150. WHY CANTTHEY JUST PAY THE DARN THING!!!

Why does this platform keep questioning your sentences???

But,imo, IT TAKES WAY TOO MUCH ENERGY TO GET PAID BY THEM.

UPDATE**** I received a payment. FINALLY!!! It took a really aggressive letter and then they tried to CYA
by asking for ANOTHER current W9. Since I have sent them at least SIX I will not even respond.

Thank you God!

Just for the record–Notary Cloud is the same people as Village Capital.