Fax/scan back question

So I am just getting back into the notary game after about 7 years and I had a full time job in addition to doing signings. The real barrier for me, or perhaps the barrier is myself, is the issue of fax or scan backs. What are people using to do these? A real fax machine or copier or an app on your phone? I have an app called Scanbot that works well. Please advise so I can get this monkey off my back.

Scan apps or a scan function on a 4in1 printer are totally acceptable. I haven’t owned a fax machine since the antique I was using died…5 years ago or so. Unfortunately, ‘faxbacks’ is still the most often used word for either faxing (if they even provide a fax number any more) OR scanning. Much like Jello is used for gelatin or Kleenex for tissues. Got rid of that monkey for ya’, did I?

2 Likes

I believe you did. I guess I was getting caught up in the jargon in its truest form. I appreciate you taking the time to help me through this stumbling block. I will begin using my current scan app on my phone and I should be all set. Thanks again for your willingness to help a fellow notary.

I finally broke down and purchased an EPSON ES400 for scan backs - so fast and it is wireless as well, I email the scans, I also use fax.plus and some agencies have an upload feature on their app… i was using a multi-function device before… I can scan over 50 pages a minute now…