Fedelity National Title

I have been a signing agent for 7 years. I have a lot of experience. Years ago I was on the FNT “Approved” list. I recently found out that I had been taken off that list, and have no way to get back on. This was a result of a signing company filing a false complaint against me. Short story… The signing company tried to get me to back date a signing and I refused. After a heated phone conversation at the signing table, I was told to leave, and they would find someone that would. I was fine with that. Now, 4 years later, I find that I am no longer on the FNT approved list. I called them and they told me that signing company called and told them I had ‘tried’ to backdate, and ‘they’ stopped me. - I am frustrated that FNT never contacted me for my side, and I’m devastated that they told me there is no recourse, and no way to get back on the list.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

1 Like

Were there witnesses present that could vouch for you and write a letter to Fidelity? It seems like a shame that Fidelity would take the signing company’s word over yours if you had worked for them for 7 years. Another suggestion would be to insist the signing company provide proof that you “tried” to back date it. If everything was verbal, they won’t be able to. And when they can’t, insist they retract their complaint because it is costing you money. Do you have relationships with other companies that could vouch for your integrity and appeal to Fidelity? Finally, Fidelity National Title isn’t the only Title company in town. There are dozens out there that would love to do business with you.

How do you get on the FNT ?

My name is Lisa Bittner, the owner of Coast2Coast Signing Co, a SoCal Signing Co. We get signing agents approved for Fidelity National Title every day, if you want to try to let us get you approved we will.
email me at lisa@c2csignings.com.
if anyone wants to be approved please email me and we will assist.

Lisa 909-525-8221

1 Like

email me lisa@c2csignings.com I will do all I can to help you

I know you posted this over two years ago. People should ban together and resist Fidelity’s demands to fill out tons of their paperwork and pay for their $55 Sterling background check. They’re not that special and play politics with notaries. They have no one to speak with for this process and are very secretive. Agencies won’t get paid by Fidelity unless they find Fidelity approved notaries so this has become a real stupid game that I want no part of.

Their rep was phoning me early this year knowing I wasn’t approved not providing me with any way to get approved. I told him to take me off of his call list and this inadvertently caused Fidelity to not approve my application an agency asked me to fill out recently. I lost $55 applying and they denied me even though I passed everything and am certified by the NNA. I was about to go out on a signing today and their branch sent me the docs, then the agency cancelled it saying Fidelity denied the application. Really sick title company.

This title company plays politics like no other and notaries need to resist their ridiculous demands as if we’re its employees.

I’m sorry you had to be a part of their baseless discriminations also. They are acting like big government, ‘you do it our way, or we will see to it that you don’t get any work’ (or as much as they can). I could understand them not approving someone based on the lack of skills, or incompetency, but when they base it on rumor and innuendo, that to me is a blatant discriminatory business practice! Hang in there! I am sure they have black listed plenty of other good notaries for offences such as Not responding to their requests within 10 minutes. Or having the audacity of living in an unapproved state.

Are you inviting more people Lisa so they can do work for you for $30 and then you will not pay them???

Joanna,
I received 4 emails from you tonight and responded within seconds because I’m working late tonight.
Jennifer from NotaryDash did in fact answer you and stated that the witness fee you were charging was not needed since YOUR state has waived the witness requirements. We are guessing you did not know this.
One of the other issues is that you closed a canceled file. We appreciate this, and with this product
Loss Mitigation we get orders that are being canceled often by the lender, and then reopened… that can cause some confusion.
We know that Covid has caused some issues for lenders, title, and signing agents, on this product due to the increase of the need for these. So there are times that we all have to be understanding. Thank you for bringing this to our attention there was an issue.
The payment was sent out tonight

Have a good week