Folding a few legal size pages with mostly standard size documents

I typically use legal size envelopes when there are legal size documents in a signing. But I have a large signing in the morning where there are something like 120 standard size pages but just 3 legal size pages. I am considering folding the 3 legal size pages around the bottom of the main body of documents so everything fits into a large 10x13 envelope. Done that way there wouldn’t be much of a crease in them. My thinking is the 3 legal size pages would be less likely to be damaged when ‘protected’ by their bottom section being wrapped over the 120 pages instead of protruding by themselves inside a legal size envelope. That would also eliminate a big crease. Would the mortgage company care? Am I crazy for thinking of using the 10x13 instead of a legal size envelope?

1 Like

Go for it. Makes sense.

1 Like

You’ll find out soon enough if the lender doesn’t like it.

1 Like

I FedEx’d it Saturday and there’s no doubt in my mind that they’ll have no problem how those three pages were wrapped around the main body of the documents. I pulled them out of the envelope to see how they were before sealing it and they were fine. More than several pages would probably be an issue but I’m thinking they’ll arrive in better condition than if they were in a legal size envelope that would allow the letter size documents to slide back & forth.

1 Like

I’ve done it myself. It’s very practical.

In most cases the lender will do a big objection & in some companies cause you a defect of lower your score.
Not worth it.
Now if this was the Borrowers copies, I would not worry about it.

1 Like

I don’t know why Title companies do this, use one legal size among a stack of standard size package. I still use the legal size envelope which frankly doesn’t make sense. Anyway, if no one objects, go for it.

I do it also, especially if it is only a few pages. Never had a problem. However, I wouldn’t fold a recording document like a mortgage or deed of trust.

I recommend using the proper size envelope for mailing documents. Cramming documents can reflect your attitude towards your work. The mailing labels are provided so why not insure the documents arrive in excellent conditions.

No one suggested “cramming” documents into the envelope,nothing about the question or the action taken involved “cramming”. Folding 3 legal size pages over a large body of letter size documents would hardly be described as “cramming” by a reasonable person.

1 Like

By now, that package has been received and I’d guess nobody said a word about it.

2 Likes

Exactly, thank you for that. Not to mention that same signing company has just started contacting me directly for some signings after sending me a text saying they enjoyed working with me. So I’m getting even more signings from them now than I used to before my “cramming” episode lol.

2 Likes

When I have this, I put them in the legal cardboard mailer then I put that in a poly mailer. Works perfectly!