Getting Fidelity Approved

You are most likely an approved Fidelity subcontractor notary, which means you are approved to work as subcontractor to one of the many signing services who have contracts directly with Fidelity.

To become a Fidelity approved independent notary, contact your regional Fidelity office (my regional office email is approved-notary-nocal@fnf.com) for information to start the process.

You will need industry references Fidelity can confirm, a $100,000 E&O policy, and some additional requirements specific to your state. Then wait.

Be aware that Fidelity will not approve you as an independent notary if you are a licensed real estate agent/broker.

6 Likes

I received an email from “approved-notary-socal@fnf.com” reminding me to update my contact info/profile in order to receive the background check renewal reminders and any other new communication from Fidelity National Title Group. Really, I need a reminder? :joy:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this information on the forum! I appreciate you!

As a newbie THANK YOU for the tip :wink:
I will increase my E&O from 25K to 100K

Lisa,

Can you reach out to me about Fidelity Approval? Thanks.

Andrew

Does anyone have information on becoming Fidelity Approved?

Send an email to: approved-notary-nocal@fnf.com

Lisa helped me too. I have done 30+ signings for C2C and have had no issues. Since becoming Fidelity approved, i have received signings from Chicago Title (Through SnapDocs/C2C).

bi Berk can cover ALL your current and future branches of your Notary business, i.e., Notary Signing Agent, RON. (I don’t work for them, just thought I would throw it out there). My point being is that it is not THAT hard or expensive to carry a large amount of E&0. It IS more expensive than the E&O offered by NNA, but it covers more. You can go forth with confidence that what you are doing IS actually covered.

Lisa, Can you help me become Fidelity Approved or guide me in the steps to do it

I’ve had a Fidelity rep early this year harassing me to do signings for him and not providing me with any way to be Fidelity approved to the point I told him to remove me from his notary call list. He provided zero info on how to become approved and it was such a secret I was tired of his calling me.

I personally think Fidelity shouldn’t be doing this to notaries and use the NNA certification as alternative approval process. They are growing too powerful and need to be resisted because they’re not the Secretary of State who provides our renewals, nor the background check companies that pass our checks without issues. They are becoming to god-like demanding and out of control playing politics, too secretive in why they deny applications, etc. They need to be tamed.

2 Likes

Good morning Michael. Could you please help me get fidelity approved? I have a high ranking on snap docs and an A rating with Amrock.
My email is Executiveinknotary@gmail.com
My number is 661-529-6875
Thank you!

Hey Lisa how can I find out how long I’ve been fidelity approved through c2c

Does anyone know WHY Fidelity will not approve real estate agents??
Doesn’t make sense to me.

2 Likes

Maybe they see it as advantageous to realtors, that’s what I read somewhere
 not my words.

I still don’t get that. When I’m doing a signing ( where I know many ‘whys’ I don’t go there } I stick with the ‘where’s’ the answer is located in the doc’s. Agents have experience in handling clients. I find it a BIG plus, personally. And remember the agent is being paid the $150 -$200 signing fee. That’s why he’s doing it.

Going to take a wild guess here - I could be off but this could be their reasoning:

A notary is an impartial party and must NOT have a beneficial interest in the outcome of the transaction; realtors get a commission for their sales/purchases
perhaps they consider this a conflict of interest.

Just a thought and a wild guess

1 Like

Realtors only are due a commission if they are part of the sale
 listing agent or selling agent. I as a Realtor can do the closing on any sale I’m not part of. Same applies for a notary 
 they cannot participate as a notary on any transaction that they have an interest in.

That’s exactly what I read about a situation being advantageous to the realtor. They don’t see them as impartial.

If, as a Realtor I cannot act as a notary on any sale that I have an interest in ie: as a seller, buyer, agent involved in the sale. No involvement! I can legally be the signing agent, because I have no interest in the outcome { other then completing my job as a notary. }. When I go on a signing – usually I don’t know the property – don’t know the clients. I’m impartial. It doesn’t matter how it goes

The only reason I can think of is: because of my knowledge of the WHY’S questions. But this doesn’t prove out, because I never answer any WHY question as that’s not my job. Maybe someone from Fidelity could chime in?