Gitto Construction Scam?

Someone posted on Notary Rotary about this same thing - different author of the email but same circumstances.

Looks like SD got leached.

Thanks Linda, Yes, I received the exact same dialogue from another sender to my e mail address as well. Snapdocs is warning not to use your passwords for the dropbox.

SCAM! SCAM! For sure. Besides that - how many of us have ever received an email direct from a company stating we’ll get $200 or more. I even had the person say they would up the price but then I had not even accepted the offer. SnapDocs was informed they are being used and they informed me to immediately change my password so if information was being hacked through them, they would be unable to use the old password. So change your passwords and delete anything related to this company. Notify the NNA of this bad company too!

1 Like

Thanks Tamita. Will defiantly notify the NNA as well. Good advice and thank you.

I got a similar e-mail in Tennessee and also Googled Gitto with the same result. I have never received $200 for a signing and decided it was a “phishing scheme.”

Thank you Martha, I too have not received $200 for a signing. In NY a title closer can get that during a purchase, if they are taken care of, but not a standard signing. Totally Phishing us. Just wanted to put it out there for others to beware.

1 Like

I just got an email from this alleged company this morning. I have already been victim of notary fraud and it is being investigated by the FBI. It is my understanding that this “group” is from Nigeria. They have gotten my information from the internet and had several stamps made with my information on them. They have used these false stamps in several life insurance and state retirement benefit transactions. Be very careful

1 Like

Yes, I received an identical email to the one you described. First off, they are offering way too much money. Secondly, Gitto Construction, according to websites listed, are located in NY on Long Island and also Nigeria. Trashed it. Not worth the risk.

I just received the email. address states from" Mike.basile@outlook.com
“Good Afternoon. We are looking for a notary agent to hanle our documentations for us. We are looking to by and sell our estate and we will be glad if you choose to work for us. We are offering $200 per any available. Kindly get back to us if you are interested. Dennis Zahora Gitto construction co.”

If in fact it was legitimate, it would be with a company email address. The grammar is a RED FLAG!!

Darlene Deegan

1 Like

I just spoke with Dennis Zahora, he is a realtor in PA. He is in no way related to this scam or Gitto Construction.

I received a similar email. They didn’t answer my questions as to who they were, or who they represented, but instead responded, offering $215 and with an attachment that I didn’t open. Their email referenced my Snapdocs account, and seller documents, which indicates that they may have breached Snapdocs.

Notary in Alaska

Do NOT use your Snapdocs Login at all! If you did, I would suggest changing your password. Thanks all for the contributions to this thread.

I think the Gitto Group is a legitimate company here in NY but as Susie mentioned, it looks like the scammers in Nigeria are fishing for peoples Snapdocs info using a composite of multiple alias.

Hello,

I just found your website due to the fact that I got the Gitto email Notary request yesterday and I am glad that you posted this information. I will keep an eye on the messages left in regards to this infromation.

The good thing is I found this website!

Thanks to all,
Shela

Yes, I received it as well but no links. Google results are the same. Very strange.

I received the exact same email as the one above but mine was signed Janine Maglott. I too smelled a scam and didn’t open the document. Snapdocs would send us notifications if it came through their system and since I didn’t receive one, I knew something was fishy. The scammer is clever enough to create a real looking email address and even uses a real realtor name that can be googled, but realtors aren’t the ones who hire signing agents to close the loans.

I received the same Janine Maglott email, looks convincing using Howard Hanna.com web banner , which leads to real website…kicker is the $215 fee offered…

This is definitely a scam!

It is!! I got the same email and tried to reach them

Read this !!!

FOLKS , ESPECIALLY NOTARIES !!
USE your grey matter. Desperation to make a fast buck is the first bait in Con.
So if you are desperate for a seemingly ridiculous signing offer, take a step back and don’t respond or click or download anything . Verify sender, emails , phone numbers, Do your google search.

Please write to your senator of your state: You can contact them over Senate.gov webpage.

Let us as Notaries take a stand and bring about a positive change. 
              Just copy and paste the content below or  type your own message#

Dear Mr Senator
I am writing this to you as a concerned individual in the increase of scams going online and offline

Please read this article.

There exists Various types of scam operators and their modus-operandi varies.
However in majority of the cases The underlying scam is supported by the infrastructure / technology provided by various money transfer entities like western union etc.

I wonder why with all this technology available today, money transfer companies are not upgrading their terminals to install a camera/ fingerprint scanner. One must need bio-metric to request and receive money, and perhaps also send money. That way the scammer is discouraged, and yet still if he/she persists, they are recorded and that information can be transmitted to the FEDS. Any recovered funds can be remitted to the person who lost it , after verifying the bio-metrics.

When time comes for the culprit to apply for a visa to USA or cross any borders, where biometrics are checked, BAM ! Their information is caught and perhaps they can be extradited from a friendly country.

I also wonder if money transfer companies remain intentionally lax in controls and complicit, as they gain tons of money as transfer fee and other commissions.

Unusual transfer patterns can be detected, stopped and flagged for further clearance.

Why is there NO LAW in USA to make money transfer companies compliant to record keeping , bio-metrics and detection?
This is the real root cause of various scams that exist and 90% of them will disappear if such verification of individuals is enforced globally.

Is this something you could table to discussion and have an investigation in the senate and ask heads of various financial institutions as to how they are enabling or preventing and get some data & statistics and introduce appropriate legislation to bring about change/ compliance and deterrents to such economic crimes?

###################