Good price for Copier and Scanner

Good Afternoon , I am new to The Notary Cafe, Where is the best place to get a Copier/Scanner in California, at a reasonable price. I am starting all over again in my Notary Business. Thank you

The best place in CA, or any other state, is on-line. I have been an e-bay/Amazon shopper since they were invented and have rarely seen a brick-mortar retailer beat their price or selection. The selection is beyond challenge and sometimes there are hundreds of sellers of the same item all vying for your business. The hardest part is deciding what you need and which model of which brand to purchase. Good luck.

After the Konica color copier/printer died, and I lost the large space I had, I research and found Brother MFC-5900 (laser printer) for approx. $329, and the ability to add paper trays. Total price of the printer and extra paper tray was around $400.

The printer prints according to paper size in the document (just tell it to print and it prints on the correct size paper). It is Multi Function so it scans and can fax. The only limitation is that it is on Black and White - which really does not affect my notary business.

Advice - do a Google search on Brother 5900 and find the company that is the cheapest and has the extra paper tray. For me it was B&H Photo, but that was 4 months ago

Thank you so much. for the information.

I got to agree with ccityshipping. I also own the Brother MFC-5900 and purchased it from Costco. They are pricier but they give the best warranty in my opinion if something goes wrong with your printer you could always go back and return it. The printer is a work horse and I guarantee you will be satisfied. Good luck in printer shopping. :wink:

I’m frustrated with my current Brother printer. I made the mistake and didn’t get one that has dual trays. I am a MAC user and it doesn’t seem to play nice with the printer. I have windows platform on my MAC so I use page separator but really despise putting the docs back in order. Has anyone else had trouble with their MAC and their Brother printer? I will check out the Brother 5900 but concerned about the MAC issue. Thanks in advance!

Have you tried calling Brother printer tech service? they might be able to help you with that problem and it might be a simple fix. Also, not sure if you know but most brother printers you can purchase the second printer tray. You might want to consider that. It will make your life a lot easier. :sunny: