Hand deliver doc for Prestige>

Has anyone noticed that Prestige Notaries seem to want nearly all of their DOCS hand delivered lately? I have turned down 98% of the assignments they put out there lately due to this. Although the assignment would be in my general coverage area, the trip to deliver the docs back would add a 3 hr round trip meaning I loose money on the signing, very frustrating.

1 Like

I would never hand deliver docs.
I had a closing that was one block away from the title company. I was asked to drop it off with them after the closing was complete and I said no because the instructions showed it is being shipped to another state. I only ship out the packages using the provided shipping label.

2 Likes

This is a very good reason not to work for them. Plus their fees are usually very low for just the signing.

did a few for them no problem…didn’t ask me to deliver anything and the title company is only 30 minutes away
i dropped at UPS
lord knows what that cost to ship overnight 20 miles lol

Hand drop saves the Fedex or UPS fee, while it adds to our expenses(mileage, time). Makes Prestige look good, at our expense. Do their fees reflect a portion of the savings from those shipping fees? No, they do not.

1 Like

I would counteroffer with whatever amount I would need to make the extra trip. Why should you be expected to use your time and gas money for the same fee that you would if you just dropped the documents at the nearest Fedex?

1 Like

I did one this week that said ‘hand drop’ in the job info but it came with a label and no info within the package about ‘hand drop’. So I shipped it. I figured it was a strange mistake but now I see that hand dropping is a thing. Funny, if you walk into a title company with papers might that be a change to get work directly from them?

2 Likes

I’ve done many Signings with Prestige and find them great to work with. I totally understand the need to charge extra if hand dropping involves a long trip, but I’ve hand dropped docs for them 3 or 4 times and had to go very little, if any, out of my way. Guess it all depends on what area you live in. One thing I do when I hand drop docs is to get a receipt for my records. I like Prestige a lot.

I totally feel you’re frustration. I refuse to take on those jobs just for that reason!